Questions about the Hydra

I'd say if you ordered June 25, and are that close, you should be happy. The delivery time is speeding up significantly.

Suspension is a very personal choice I think but I'd be happy with the Machete over the Suntour and not need to spend the extra $460 for the Mezzer...

Enjoy!

Regardless, I'm excited to see progress, and even more excited that my bike may be built this week (hoping the motors don't hold it back too long).
My Jan order #1252 is partially built and also waiting for motor, heh.

I'd say if you ordered June 25, and are that close, you should be happy. The delivery time is speeding up significantly.

Suspension is a very personal choice I think but I'd be happy with the Machete over the Suntour and not need to spend the extra $460 for the Mezzer...

Enjoy!
Oh I'm definitely happy/excited. Though now I guess the waiting game will be on the motor situation... Here's hoping that that gets resolved sooner than later!

Since I've been posting here a little about my (potentially im)patience for this order, thought I'd update everyone with my latest experiences. I'd texted Pushkar last week and he said that they were hoping to be able to work on my build/ship in the next 2-3 weeks, though waiting on motors. I was hopeful, but after the September email, was trying to hold back my excitement.

Well, I just received this email:

I've already replied, but for most of the items don't really know bike parts well enough to make any specific choices. I did ask to cancel the rear light since they brought it up, as I actually have a Garmin Varia and that works well for me.

Regardless, I'm excited to see progress, and even more excited that my bike may be built this week (hoping the motors don't hold it back too long).

For reference, my order was on June 25, #1400, Specs:

View attachment 104574
My order date was June 17th, my bike finally just shipped this week so you're probably going to get notified soon!

My DVO suspension parts as ordered were not available so they shipped mine with some other brands that I didn't quite catch over the phone. He did say they were upgrading my rear shock at no charge (probably to the Mara). One thing to note is the Suntour and Machete forks are about $300 cheaper than the DVO Diamond D2, unfortunately. I think he may have said mine was fitted with the Machete - I'm assuming it'll be good enough for casual trail riding. I'm quite bummed though because I really like the look of the DVO suspension and the colors match my new Osprey backpack lol.

He didn't say there were any issues regarding sourcing of my wired tail light or MT5e brakes... we'll see when I take delivery lol.

Back