Where to buy a Kahlkoff ebike

Long Island Bikes have Agattu and other models from Kalkhoff but I guess they could bring in some models if you're interested.

http://longislandelectricbikes.com/kalkhoff-en

New Wheel in San Francisco is the largest dealer for Kalkhoff bikes but they prefer to sell it locally and they have excellent technical expertise and customer base.
The owner contributes regularly to blogs and on Electricbike.com and they only sell top quality premium bikes. (Almost everything in their shop carry 2 yr warranty, no cheap stuff with 6 month or 1 yr warranties. For $4K, you SHOULD get 2+ yr warranty and good service.)
I mention this because they have Proconnect S27 and X27 with Xion drives. (http://newwheel.net/products/kalkhoff/)
Kalkhoff has truly excellent reviews ( 100+ reviews here)

As you mentioned, test riding is crucial before spending that kind of money.
Good luck and please update us if you buy one. Very few people on this forum own Kalkhoff's :)

Last edited:
Thanks so much, Ravi! I'm going to call and probably visit Long Island Electric Bikes next week. I'll definitely keep you posted if I purchase.

I hope it works out for you Joe! The Kalkhoff ebikes were some of my favorite during the test rides at the New Wheel. They just seem sturdy and refined. I love that they include fenders and lights as well, would be a good choice for New York :)

I had a great conversation with Chris at Long Island Electric Bikes the other day. He told me LIEB will get a shipment of new ebikes in the next couple of weeks. He also educated me on other possible options for my commute, including potentially converting the commuter bike I have with a top-of-the-line Bionix kit. I'll visit LIEB and report back if I go with a Kalkhoff. Thanks for your advice, Ravi and Court!

Any more development on places to test ride or buy Kalkhoff bikes in the States? I live in Minnesota so San Francisco and NYC are not convenient in the slightest!

Any more development on places to test ride or buy Kalkhoff bikes in the States? I live in Minnesota so San Francisco and NYC are not convenient in the slightest!

Kalkhoff merged with Focus USA and all Kalkhoff bikes will be sold under the umbrella of Focus.
We will be carrying few different models of Focus and Grace (MX2 and Easy) starting mid-September.
Our store is in Madison, WI and we know that it is little far away but you're welcome to stop by and test ride some of the Haibikes, Stromers, Easy Motion, Grace ....

Crazy Lenny E-Bikes
6107 Odana Road
Madison, WI 53719

Phone: 608-575-8711

Cool, thanks for the response. The model I was looking at was the Agattu Premium Impulse 8 for doing some long range (45 mi r/t) commuting. Is that one that you think you may have? I went to college in Madison so it would be a nice trip to make and visit the city again :)

Cool, thanks for the response. The model I was looking at was the Agattu Premium Impulse 8 for doing some long range (45 mi r/t) commuting. Is that one that you think you may have? I went to college in Madison so it would be a nice trip to make and visit the city again :)

Hello,

We will be testing various models of E-bikes from Focus/Grace/Felt at the Interbike this year and plan to bring 2-3 models from each brand.

Agattu Premium with Impulse drive system is certainly in our agenda. The 17Ah battery is expected to boost the range significantly but we can't confirm it unless we test it ourselves.

Long Island Bikes have Agattu and other models from Kalkhoff but I guess they could bring in some models if you're interested.

http://longislandelectricbikes.com/kalkhoff-en

New Wheel in San Francisco is the largest dealer for Kalkhoff bikes but they prefer to sell it locally and they have excellent technical expertise and customer base.
The owner contributes regularly to blogs and on Electricbike.com and they only sell top quality premium bikes. (Almost everything in their shop carry 2 yr warranty, no cheap stuff with 6 month or 1 yr warranties. For $4K, you SHOULD get 2+ yr warranty and good service.)
I mention this because they have Proconnect S27 and X27 with Xion drives. (http://newwheel.net/products/kalkhoff/)
Kalkhoff has truly excellent reviews ( 100+ reviews here)

As you mentioned, test riding is crucial before spending that kind of money.
Good luck and please update us if you buy one. Very few people on this forum own Kalkhoff's :)

Ravi,

Your analysis and market views are spot on, IMO. Thanks for keeping up with everything.

Bike_on

Kalkhoff is committed to expanding the electric bike retailer network in the US and is working diligently to gain exposure and increased availability to customers across the US. We are thrilled you are interested in the Kalkhoff bike line - check out all the new 2015 models and find a retailer near you. Be sure to like us on Facebook for all the latest news, technology and more!

Mit freundlichen Grüßen, Warm Regards,
~ Representative Kalkhoff Electric Bikes NA

We have toured Europe on Kahlkoff's for 2 consecutive summers - going on third summer starting in July. We brought our first pair of Proconnects home in 2013 and left our second set in Netherlands in 2014 so they will be ready for us this summer. (These are Proconnect Impulse 10G - excellent bikes - huge range and more power.) We bike 2-3 days without charging and never come close to using up the batteries. We would like to buy spare batteries in the US and maybe additional bikes for family. Can you tell us a dealer somewhere between Florida and Michigan? We tried the dealer search but it is not useful for our purposes... finding a dealer within 200 km of a US zip code is a needle-in-haystack type search. Happy to share our experiences here - we are converts! Our blog is at Trailsandgreenways.com

We have toured Europe on Kahlkoff's for 2 consecutive summers - going on third summer starting in July. We brought our first pair of Proconnects home in 2013 and left our second set in Netherlands in 2014 so they will be ready for us this summer. (These are Proconnect Impulse 10G - excellent bikes - huge range and more power.) We bike 2-3 days without charging and never come close to using up the batteries. We would like to buy spare batteries in the US and maybe additional bikes for family. Can you tell us a dealer somewhere between Florida and Michigan? We tried the dealer search but it is not useful for our purposes... finding a dealer within 200 km of a US zip code is a needle-in-haystack type search. Happy to share our experiences here - we are converts! Our blog is at Trailsandgreenways.com

Hi Maggie,

What a wonderful story! Thank you for sharing about your exciting tours/trips with our bikes.

I would be happy to help you locate a dealer nearby for family and friends. Please email us at [email protected] and we will help narrow your search.

We would love to hear more about your experiences; please feel free to share with us anytime on our Facebook!

Hi Maggie and all others except the Focus guy.
Is funny he need you to email him.
Why does he list all the dealers? instead.
My name is Raul I live in Florida and I own 2 kalkhoff and is nightmare to find a battery in the US I have to work for 2 months to get a 24aH that works well because of a trick no a panasonic by the way but sold by Derby (Kalkhoff).
The bikes are a dream but the customer service is a trash and you have to became a mechanic because most shop don't know and others don't want to touch it.
You say you go to Europe get the batteries there they sale them in supermarkets but here in the US no one has it and Mister Focus is no interested in sale batteries their mission is to sale bicycles.
The bikes last long time so every time you go to Europe get one pair.
Or better sale yours and get new ones they are about $1000 t0 $2000 cheaper than the US.
And all because of Mr Focus.
I am getting a Flyer and I will have 3 bikes and I will buy them in Europe but never from Focus USA or Kalkhoff.
Now for Joe Mountori it is one other brands as good as Kalkhoff and is the Flyer it's from Switzerland https://www.flyer-bikes.com they also don't have no dealers in the US but for my experience talking to a operator they sound a lot more interested on helping customer than Kalkhoff is and forget about Focus USA.
Newweel in San Francisco are very helpful but what good is for me leaving in Florida but if you there and you not is going to be hard.
Well I hope I can help someone with the true.
Forgive my English I'm a good in bicycle rider.

Last edited:
Hi Maggie and all others except the Focus guy.
Is funny he need you to email him.
Why does he list all the dealers? instead.
My name is Raul I live in Florida and I own 2 kalkhoff and is nightmare to find a battery in the US I have to work for 2 months to get a 24aH that works well because of a trick no a panasonic by the way but sold by Derby (Kalkhoff).
The bikes are a dream but the customer service is a trash and you have to became a mechanic because most shop don't know and others don't want to touch it.
You say you go to Europe get the batteries there they sale them in supermarkets but here in the US no one has it and Mister Focus is no interested in sale batteries their mission is to sale bicycles.
The bikes last long time so every time you go to Europe get one pair.
Or better sale yours and get new ones they are about $1000 t0 $2000 cheaper than the US.
And all because of Mr Focus.
I am getting a Flyer and I will have 3 bikes and I will buy them in Europe but never from Focus USA or Kalkhoff.
Now for Joe Mountori it is one other brands as good as Kalkhoff and is the Flyer it's from Switzerland https://www.flyer-bikes.com they also don't have no dealers in the US but for my experience talking to a operator they sound a lot more interested on helping customer than Kalkhoff is and forget about Focus USA.
Newweel in San Francisco are very helpful but what good is for me leaving in Florida but if you there and you not is going to be hard.
Well I hope I can help someone with the true.
Forgive my English I'm a good in bicycle rider.

Hi Raul,

I am truly sorry to hear about your experience with customer service. In the US we often have separate retailers for electric and non electric bikes but try to work closely with both to ensure excellent customer service. To find a retailer near you that will help you with service of your electric please visit our dealer search.

I wish you get a computer with internet and visit the link and be prepare to have many zip codes
And see how many dealers are there that have any parts, most list themselves to try to offer you another other are honest and say we don't have.
You as distributor should offer that since for real you have no parts.
I challenge you to list the dealers beside newWeels that have any.

I wish you get a computer with internet and visit the link and be prepare to have many zip codes
And see how many dealers are there that have any parts, most list themselves to try to offer you another other are honest and say we don't have.
You as distributor should offer that since for real you have no parts.
I challenge you to list the dealers beside newWeels that have any.

Hi Raul,

I apologize for that inconvenience; we do encourage all authorized retailers to stock parts for customers like yourself. For further customer service please email [email protected] so we can find a way to take care of you!

In a perfect world maybe. But not in yours. Still haven't list you dealers (s) ?or dealer.
I want to let you know that is a guy that has batteries and parts for 26V bicycle the ones you want to forget they exist, waiting for his permission to give out his name to the community.
Since you don't want to list them I will:
Greenlight – Portland - 503-220-2310 out of business and great service but need to go out of system to get batteries WHY?
The New Wheel – San Francisco – 415-524-7362 still in business and a very good one.
Pete’s – Boulder - 303.586.1544 Honest person don't have any.
Long Island Electric Bikes – New York - 631-306-4542 Hard to find and most likely won't have any but he will check for and days later will tell you no have it.
Jeff

Rowe, Jeff
FOCUS Bicycles USAOperations Manager5909 Sea Lion PlaceCarlsbad, CA 92010USA
Tel: +1 760 707 5070Fax: +1 760 585 1158

Let people interested in buying a Bicycle from Kalkhoff made their own mind about service, call does numbers and probably no even New Wheel will have it.
I wonder what are the people who owns this five, six, seven years old bicycle doing for support.
because they sure not getting any from Kalkhoff.
Here is reality.

Last edited:
Hi,
Any one know of Kalkhoff dealers in the USA that are willing or able to ship e-bikes to Australia
Our local Kalkhoff dealers have no stock and have no idea when the will be receiving new bikes

Back