Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Built/converted myself

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • It was a gift!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
Weird poll numbers. Why do they add up to more than 100%? I get it that some people might have multiple bikes. If one person got their bike from a dealer and one person got 3 bikes online, I would think that 25% of the bikes came from a dealer and 75% of the bikes came from online. Something else going on here....

TT
You can select more than one option...

So if I was the first and only person to respond and I 3 bikes, 1 from a local dealer, one from online and one that was a gift, that would be 300%? I guess it's all relative....
To answer my own question, yes. In that scenario 100% of the bikes would have come from a local dealer, 100% from a local dealer, and 100% from gifts, for a total of 300%.

I backed the numbers out, and when I did it a few minutes ago, apparently 49 people with 66 bikes had responded.

I don't think I've ever seen numbers work like this, but like I said, I suppose it's all relative.

This would make more sense to me:
LBS
27​
40.9%​
23​
34.8%​
China
0​
0.0%​
2nd hand
5​
7.6%​
DIY
8​
12.1%​
Gift
0​
0.0%​
Other
3​
4.5%​
66​
100.0%​
TT

How does it work if a person bought two bikes online or built 5 bikes? One can only enter one in each category.

I just set up the poll with the parameters available in the forum platform - - talk to the inventors of the forum platform if it annoys you so much. I set it so people could choose more than one category, but it does not allow more than one response per category. That is why I say clarify your situation in the comments. There is not conspiracy everywhere. Relax.

Quite mellow here. I was meaning to correct the earlier remarks that the actual number of bikes can be entered into the survey. The poll is accurate the way it stands as it relates to where forum members sourced their bikes, not how many they bought.,

To answer my own question, yes. In that scenario 100% of the bikes would have come from a local dealer, 100% from a local dealer, and 100% from gifts, for a total of 300%.
I backed the numbers out, and when I did it a few minutes ago, apparently 49 people with 66 bikes had responded.
I don't think I've ever seen numbers work like this, but like I said, I suppose it's all relative.
This would make more sense to me:
LBS
27​
40.9%​
23​
34.8%​
China
0​
0.0%​
2nd hand
5​
7.6%​
DIY
8​
12.1%​
Gift
0​
0.0%​
Other
3​
4.5%​
66​
100.0%​
TT
Thanks for setting up the survey and sharing the data... very interesting results!

I just set up the poll with the parameters available in the forum platform - - talk to the inventors of the forum platform if it annoys you so much. I set it so people could choose more than one category, but it does not allow more than one response per category. That is why I say clarify your situation in the comments. There is not conspiracy everywhere. Relax.
Also mellow. As I've already said a couple of times, I don't think it matters, it's just odd and a little confusing. What does it mean that 135% of bikes came from one of those sources? I certainly never suggested a conspiracy, sorry, that's absurd, and never even thought to blame you. Exactly as you say, I suspect it's something goofy about the forum polling software. For all I know, it's a correct and proper way to compile the stats. I've just never seen it done that way.

TT

I put in other, because you know these days there's always something anomalous that doesn't fit in the available categories. Maybe someone won theirs in a lottery. Or found it on an abandoned freighter in the middle of the ocean. Or it was revealed as the permafrost melted. Or a condor dropped it in their backyard...

How is this for an "other" category? Betcha didn't know that bicycles grow on trees! Just have to pick them right away when they ripen or the tree swallows them back up.

vashon-island-bike-tree-1.jpg

i saw a huge thread on a direct from china bike(non branded Warthog) that several folks here ordered but i see no votes for direct from china?

They have been delivered! Gorgeous day and incredible rides, but still overdid it! Oh well, tomorrow I may be able to keep up with my wife. Trek just has to remind me how to ride.

Attachments

• AF9672A1-4957-455D-B519-662780AF928F.jpeg
    AF9672A1-4957-455D-B519-662780AF928F.jpeg
    514.8 KB · Views: 209
  • 8EA5371E-234B-42EA-A12E-05D590E8DB2C.jpeg
    8EA5371E-234B-42EA-A12E-05D590E8DB2C.jpeg
    551.5 KB · Views: 205
They have been delivered! Gorgeous day and incredible rides, but still overdid it! Oh well, tomorrow I may be able to keep up with my wife. Trek just has to remind me how to ride.
Very happy for you! Everyone has to get to know their bike in their environs and getting used to what’s new is part of the fun.😎👍

Back