What's your mileage? (I hit 4900mi on 12-31-18) 1yr, 5mo. 9 days

GuruUno

My Super Commuter (2017) was 1 year old on June 24 this year (2018).
As of last Saturday (7/14/18) I just turned 3,300 miles.
Gotta bring it in for 1st oil change (3k miles) :)
What's your mileage?

Attachments

• IMG_0585.jpg
    IMG_0585.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 789
Guru …
My annual distance is roughly the same as yours.

There is a difference in how the numbers add up: I ride a number of bikes (ebikes, road bikes, a smart trainer and even, just sometimes, my old small-wheel folder). All rides are logged on my Wahoo Elemnt (their marketing department's spelling; not mine) and the details are transferred automatically to my Ride with GPS account.
David

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a lot of riding. My Lumos helmet has an app on the iPhone that I start with the Apple watch each ride that basically tracks all the similar info that the Wahoo does. Additionally, my daily activity monitor app on the iPhone does too. I never really care much about those records other than the time of the ride and the heart rate. The LCD display on the Trek with the mileage tells me my distance also, so I have 3 methods.
Too much information is sometimes overkill though.
eBikes are the new medication replacement for us old guys, eh?
Best thing that ever happened.

Purchased on 6/30. 835 miles as of yesterday. Trying to ride every third day with each ride longer than the last. Right now, the only way to accomplish that is riding 2500' down and ten miles before putting in the miles and then climbing back home.

Purchased Mar. 2, 2018. 2,899 miles as of last night. Expect to clear 3,000 by this Sunday of all goes to plan.
About 70 work commute days since April, a straight round-trip of 13.5 miles, but most of which I stretch out (on ride home) to hit 30 miles per day. Weekends see leisure riding. All based on weather-permitting conditions; I don't head out in the rain (but will occasionally get caught in it later), nor head out if it is under 32f.

Got the SuperCommuter on 6/24/17, goal was to get 5k miles in 1-1/2 years. So, on12-31-18 I now have 4,900 miles.
Getting real, real close.
It is 527 days from the start date to the end date, end date included, or 1 year, 5 months, 9 days including the end date, 0r 17 months, 9 days including the end date.

Got my first ebike on 9/1/18, Put in about 1800miles ebike miles in 2018 since then. I tend to ride everyday if possible (weather permitting).

Lost 20lbs since getting the first ebike as well.

Since I only was able to ride one more month, only have 965 on the bike now. Hoping I can ride sometime in the next eight weeks.

I've only had the Verve a couple of weeks but I've put about 50 miles on it. Weather hasn't been great as it's winter here. My goal this year is 2,000+ miles. My riding has fallen off the last couple of years but this bike has reinvigorated me. I want to start commuting again. The 30 mile round trip was too much for me everyday on my current bike. It's nice to be able to adjust the assist. Some days I need minimal assistance and others days it's nice to have the extra power on the hills. Suspension seat post ordered. I'm excited for 2019.

Have had my 8s since July 2017 and now have 18,000 miles.
Love it!
That's intense! 31 miles a day average, every single day for a year and a half straight!
I'm thrilled if I get 10 days in a month that each exceeded 30 miles!

I am nearing my one year ebike anniversary on February 10. My big month was July with 1,060 miles, riding 30 out of 31 dates. Having added 308 miles during my recent California getaway, I am now at a total of 680 miles in January and 6,142 miles in ebike year one. Not so bad for a guy who's ticker arrested in August of 2017. My cardiologist, who rides his Super Commuter to work most days, calls me the miracle man. Best part is that it is so much fun that it's not hard work.

Last edited:
That's intense! 31 miles a day average, every single day for a year and a half straight!
I'm thrilled if I get 10 days in a month that each exceeded 30 miles!
I am retired and ride for fun with road bike buddies 4 or 5 days a week and it is almost always nice here in Southern California!
Here is a link to my ride this past Sunday.
https://www.strava.com/activities/2107947435

I am retired and ride for fun with road bike buddies 4 or 5 days a week and it is almost always nice here in Southern California!
Here is a link to my ride this past Sunday. https://www.strava.com/activities/2107947435

So much to be envious of... Retired, good weather... I'm a solid 12 years from retirement but want it every day! And have missed about 11 days in January due to snow, ice and frigid weather... ready for April!

Back