What Would You Have Done?

I am glad I don't have to GAF about whether someone is carrying or not, cuz they ain't.
Sounds like liberty.

Last week I had a guy say to me, 'You pissed off the wrong person." That is like something a domestic abuser would say. Do I need to tiptoe? Here in the US if you are playing the 'wrong' music you could piss off the wrong, armed person. Then there is 'Stand your Ground.' That means that if you have feelings between your own ears that no one else can control, like making you happy, but in this case making you fearful, then you can be judge, jury and executioner and kill them. I was drinking coffee and watching the guy with the lawn edger go nuts for an hour from the other side of a river.

Last edited:
Sounds like liberty.

Last week I had a guy said to me, 'You pissed off the wrong person." That is like something a domestic abuser would say. Do I need to tiptoe? Here in the US if you are playing the 'wrong' music you could piss off the wrong, armed person. Then there is 'Stand your Ground.' That means that if you have feelings between your own ears that no one else can control, like making you happy, but in this case making you fearful, then you can be judge, jury and executioner and kill them. I was drinking coffee and watching the guy with the lawn edger go nuts for an hour from the other side of a river.
It is very liberating.
I used to smoke cigarettes (eleven years ago).
Every day, everywhere I went it was:
Do I have enough smokes?
Do I have a working lighter or matches?
Will I be able to smoke there? Etc...

I envision the same movie for gun toters:
Do I have the right gun?
Do I have the right holster?
Do I have enough bullets?
Does this Smith & Wesson make me look fat? (OK, I added that one cuz it sounded funny... maybe)

Happily, I don't have to give a s*it about any of that.
:)

We watched a bicyclist the other day who “lost it” while riding. He stopped, got off his bike and started throwing it around, yelling at it, stomped on it a bunch, yelled a bunch more, then went into the pharmacy he stopped at. Within minutes a cop car pulled up and two cops ran into the store. we didn’t stick around to see the outcome. If he had a gun he may even had shot the bike and maybe people in the store. We hope our minimal gun purchase laws (no longer a 3 day waiting period) will keep a gun out of his hands.

I used to build, maintain, and sell farm implements. Axes to hydraulic augers. We also sold gun safes. Here is the vicious cycle I saw. Someone would get paranoid and buy a gun. That bump would make them feel better then would wane and go the other way making them more paranoid. So they would buy another. Ahh, bliss, until it gets even worse. They would start having delusional fantasies and make up pretend scenarios that justified having guns with them being a hero. What if someone took it. Gun safe! Bliss again. Worse again. Hording ammo. Ahh. Worse again. They kept buying bigger gun safes while becoming nuttier. I am glad to be away from that demographic.

I used to build, maintain, and sell farm implements. Axes to hydraulic augers. We also sold gun safes. Here is the vicious cycle I saw. Someone would get paranoid and buy a gun. That bump would make them feel better then would wane and go the other way making them more paranoid. So they would buy another. Ahh, bliss, until it gets even worse. They would start having delusional fantasies and make up pretend scenarios that justified having guns with them being a hero. What if someone took it. Gun safe! Bliss again. Worse again. Hording ammo. Ahh. Worse again. They kept buying bigger gun safes while becoming nuttier. I am glad to be away from that demographic.
That may explain my guitar addiction...
Seriously though, it seems like each new news cycle feeds this horrible feedback loop.

That may explain my guitar addiction...
Seriously though, it seems like each new news cycle feeds this horrible feedback loop.
Me too. Guilty as charged. I just started outsourcing them so I wouldn't have to store them all. My friend sold a 7-foot long one yesterday for me from her coffee shop. I might buy four Gates belt drives tomorrow though. I don't just hoard. I like to get them into circulation. The thrill is seeing them in public doing their thing, creating joy while taking cars off the road. After her test ride to the top of a five-story parking garage a guy randomly pulled in. He has been riding one of my eBikes for four-years and talked to her. While another couple who wants the same bike to transport their kids watched. This was during a live free, five-hour Reggae concert across the water. The sound off the water was great. This is the spot where I saw the mad man with the tool.

Attachments

• LiveRege93.JPG
    LiveRege93.JPG
    290.2 KB · Views: 126
Independent variables do not exist except in theory. Still theory can be useful. In AU the top 10% control 46% of wealth. In the US the top 10% control 70%. Gun deaths in Australia are 0.9 per 100,000 people per year. That is 0.000009. In the US gun deaths average 13.6 per year, per 100,000. 15 times higher. In Montana the gun death rate is 25.9 per 100,000 people per year. 29% higher than AU. More guns in public make the public less safe. A few days ago a manic was swinging around a manual lawn edger.

The sad truth is, our top FIVE PEOPLE control most of our wealth, and Gina owns as much as the others combined! If they paid tax we'd be a lucky country....

I’m with you. There are places that are dangerous, but arming everyone is’t the answer. If I thought that I had to carry a firearm to take my wife and kid to a store, I don’t think that I would bring my wife or kid to that store.

Someone shoots someone that they see as a threat, someone else thinks that that person just shot someone without cause and shoots them, and on and on it goes.

Guns make some feel powerful and safe, but in reality, it more often makes them look weak and paranoid and puts their families in danger. Guns have their place, but they are not an accessory.
Once the shooting starts, how do you tell the good guys from the bad guys?

Several people are alleged to have said this; the earliest I have read about was during the Crusades, in the (so-called) Holy Land. The question was "How do we tell the Christians from the infidels?"
Best documented origin is in the Albigensian Crusade . Reportedly said by Papal Legate Arnaud Amalric before the massacre at Béziers on 22 July 1209.

When they discovered, from the admissions of some of them, that there were Catholics mingled with the heretics they said to the abbot "Sir, what shall we do, for we cannot distinguish between the faithful and the heretics." The abbot, like the others, was afraid that many, in fear of death, would pretend to be Catholics, and after their departure, would return to their heresy, and is said to have replied "Kill them all for the Lord knoweth them that are His" (2 Tim. ii. 19) and so countless number in that town were slain.

Only a complete dingbat would consider doing any kind of trail work with a "tool" like that.
I have worked with a guy who used a big bowie knife like the Crocodile Dundee one, to brush out lines in the woods. We use what we are comfy with.

It's amazing what those little saws can cut through. I've carried one for decades on the motorbikes and slip it into my mtb pack if it's been windy. Dors that mean I'm carrying a concealed weapon?
View attachment 134518

Critics say these saws won't help if your path is blocked by a large tree. This just isn't true. On two occasions, I've cut branches off 24" diameter trees to make room to lift the bike over the fallen trunk.

Back