What is the best Budget Bafang Middrive Ultra Bike In Canada?

indca

Hello there guys;
I see Bafang Mid drive ultra as a futureproof ebike; Yet, other than Sondors I see very little affordable options coming to Canada.

Is any other company releasing with this motor in an affordable $2,000-2,500 price range like sondors?
I can wait until next year, so any news for future updates would be god to know.

Rize and BPM Imports offer options close to your price range. I personally prefer the looks of the Sondors bikes. The Ultra is somewhat a letdown with unrefined power delivery and poor range. Futureproof? It's a 3 year old motor released in 2017. There is an aftermarket controller if you want to make it world class, well, at least in terms of refinement and efficiency, but that upgrade is more than the cost of a new motor alone.

Hello there guys;
I see Bafang Mid drive ultra as a futureproof ebike; Yet, other than Sondors I see very little affordable options coming to Canada.

Is any other company releasing with this motor in an affordable $2,000-2,500 price range like sondors?
I can wait until next year, so any news for future updates would be god to know.
The Sonders Ultra has been neutered down to 750watts, if your willing to spend an extra 4 or 5 hundred there is Biktrix! or you could rock the Frey HT1000(around 2500 shipped) or the Rize RX for around 2500, i actually just ordered a Rize RX myself!

Have you spent time with an Ultra powered bike ?

The biggest appeal for the mid drive is the easy tire change if I get a flat as we have very few bike shops that service ebikes.

I have not spent any time on Ultra, what are the differences and what are the pros and cons; isn't mid drive more recent compared to hub drive?

I want to buy something futureproof with less after purchase support requirement.

The biggest appeal for the mid drive is the easy tire change if I get a flat as we have very few bike shops that service ebikes.

I have not spent any time on Ultra, what are the differences and what are the pros and cons; isn't mid drive more recent compared to hub drive?

I want to buy something futureproof with less after purchase support requirement.
changing a hub motor tire is not much different than a mid drive,its just heavier,no big deal and should not be the deciding factor. also my mid drive requires more up keep than my Hub bike. the drive train wears much slower on a Hub bike.

Hello there guys;
I see that Voltbike and Rize have pricing much closer to USA for purchasing Canadian while Sondors charges in US$ hence ends up costing more.

What do you guys think? Do Rize and voltbike offer better value for dollar spent for Canadian purchase?

One thing to consider with an Ultra, that it is technically "off road" only , almost everywhere. No problem where I live but it might be where you reside. I've had mine for three years and really haven't had any problems other than routine maintenance.

Hello there guys;
I see that Voltbike and Rize have pricing much closer to USA for purchasing Canadian while Sondors charges in US$ hence ends up costing more.

What do you guys think? Do Rize and voltbike offer better value for dollar spent for Canadian purchase?
Volt Bike make an Ultra powered bike?

Do you know when that comes out?

Thats the issue as Sondors is releasing Mid drive at low price means comptitors are gonna have to implement similar price cuts and possibly release new ebike models with affordable pricing for Mid drive Ultra

Is there any source for new technology releasing soon, i would like to buy something affordable and futureproof.

What do you guys think between Sondors LX vs Rize RX Pro?

Which one you guys think has better package and value for the Money?

Also, is RX Pro worth $1,000 more over Rize X? What are advantages and disadvanteges between them?

Can you guys give feedvack on these models?

Ask one question. Can you access repair parts? A Bafang nightmare!

Have you spent time with an Ultra powered bike ?

Yep, I own one. Fist 500 miles with stock controller was a letdown. Battery hog. Substandard torque sensing. Motor didn't feel smooth. Upgraded the controller. Night and day. Now I have a world class e-bike. Smooth, refined, and efficient.

What do you guys think between Sondors LX vs Rize RX Pro?

Which one you guys think has better package and value for the Money?

Also, is RX Pro worth $1,000 more over Rize X? What are advantages and disadvanteges between them?

Can you guys give feedvack on these models?

Since you are in Canada I don't think the 750W nominal programming of the Sondors LX will be an issue. That's still plenty powerful. Honestly I never rode my stock 1000W ultra very much beyond Eco PAS 4 (of 5). If you ride at full PAS or full throttle your battery will be devoured quickly by the stock controller.

I have a Frey CC and while I didn't think I would benefit that much from the step thru I really like that feature and miss it when i get on and off my mountain bike, so I would give the nod to the Sondors here depending on your mobility.

I assume the Sondors LX will have some sort of rack option. I love the looks of the LX, but unclear how limiting it will be for style of rack, etc.

As far as RX Pro vs Rize X, apples vs. oranges. Mid drive vs. rear hub drive. I suspect the rear hub drive will be more efficient than the Ultra, so if you like to ride fast at high PAS it could potentially be a better choice. You can read up on the pros and cons of mid drive vs. rear hub. If you have a lot of steep hills the mid drive will shine. If in Florida or somewhere mostly flat, I might go with a rear hub, especially if budget was a concern.

Back