What are your plans for winter exercise? Keep riding your ebike or an exercise bike?

Congrats on your Peloton... how do you like the ride experience and online classes?
I am done with online classes. I stopped the monthly subscription. Many instructors are unrealistic in pushing the class and are cheating. They say put it to "50" resistance level with 90 cadence but they don't really dial up their own resistance level. Lots of blah blah uptalking feel good sales pitch.

Now, I just use the metrics (which are great!) and put a laptop in front of me to watch whatever videos/youtube/news/etc.... Much better that way.

The metrics are really of interest to me since I can have a rough idea how much energy I push when riding outside on my ebike.
1605880493278.png

Last edited:
I am done with online classes. I stopped the monthly subscription. Many instructors are unrealistic in pushing the class and are cheating. They say put it to "50" resistance level with 90 cadence but they don't really dial up their own resistance level. Lots of blah blah uptalking feel good sales pitch.

Now, I just use the metrics (which are great!) and put a laptop in front of me to watch whatever videos/youtube/news/etc.... Much better that way.
Trail Cruiser, you are sooooooooo correct. Not only do the instructors not do what they say but their are many participants that cheat their A** off. Cool downs people pass you like you're standing still when you are within the limits stated. I guess that makes them feel good. I use that to motivate me! Some instructors are annoying as **LL but I just tune them out. The bike has been great for us but I certainly see your point and don't blame you for cancelling the monthly subscription.

The metrics are really of interest to me since I can have a rough idea how much energy I push when riding outside on my ebike.
View attachment 71932
Thanks for the feedback... I had no idea about the instructors cheating. :eek:

I was considering using my own bike/trainer with the Peleton App, however, the metrics are not available.

Trail Cruiser, you are sooooooooo correct. Not only do the instructors not do what they say but their are many participants that cheat their A** off. Cool downs people pass you like you're standing still when you are within the limits stated.
I guess that makes them feel good. I use that to motivate me! Some instructors are annoying as **LL but I just tune them out. The bike has been great for us but I certainly see your point and don't blame you for cancelling the monthly subscription.
It sounds like the participants are also cheating a bit... I would think the subscription program would be able to detect the time limits.

It sounds like the participants are also cheating a bit... I would think the subscription program would be able to detect the time limits.
Without the subscription, I can still use the metrics but the main screen is blank. The blank space is perfect for my tablet so I can watch whatever news or shows or browse the internet while cycling.

View attachment 71932
Still waiting on our VeloCore and my intention is to never use the ”live” classes for very similar reasons. I’m pretty consistent with my workouts so “competing” against others in the class is of no interest to me. I have 60 days to decide if I like it enough to keep it so how engaging or fun the actual ride is all I care about and to me, feeling like I’m actually on a bike is most important.

Still waiting on our VeloCore and my intention is to never use the ”live” classes for very similar reasons. I’m pretty consistent with my workouts so “competing” against others in the class is of no interest to me.
I have 60 days to decide if I like it enough to keep it so how engaging or fun the actual ride is all I care about and to me, feeling like I’m actually on a bike is most important.
I am also thinking about the VeloCore with the tilt capability... for more of a natural road feel. ;)
Which model did you select with the 16" or 22" screen? What did they quote for the delivery time?

I am also thinking about the VeloCore with the tilt capability... for more of a natural road feel. ;)
Which model did you select with the 16" or 22" screen? What did they quote for the delivery time?

16” and the quote at first in September was 8 weeks, lately they jacked it to 10. I guess we’ll see. BTW, they also said the 22” would take longer as there was much more demand for it.

I'm slowly building up my endurance and not getting winded as easily. I plan on riding as much as possible during winter. Gloves are the last piece of the puzzle because cold hands are unsafe. I would love a exercise bike but we (wife and I) don;t have the space. And if we did it would be a pinball machine instead!

Back