What are your plans for winter exercise? Keep riding your ebike or an exercise bike?

The idea of a foot of snow seems quite nice right about now..

View attachment 72017
Trade ya. ;)
IMG_20201119_1020401.jpg

Living in the US NW and in a rain shadow. So pretty spoiled with low 40s mostly. But am doing 2x warm up time. and 2x cool down. Other than that, being selective to avoid the wet roads and staying out of the deep mud. Went out into a wind storm with gust to 55mph the other day and it was fun.

VeloCore in the house, mostly assembled, and working. Just in time as it’s snowing/raining in the upper 30s. Planning a test ride today.

Attachments

• B8ECB30A-4DC4-45D9-AA9A-CD0DF49A0447.jpeg
    B8ECB30A-4DC4-45D9-AA9A-CD0DF49A0447.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 242
Living in the US NW and in a rain shadow. So pretty spoiled with low 40s mostly. But am doing 2x warm up time. and 2x cool down. Other than that, being selective to avoid the wet roads and staying out of the deep mud. Went out into a wind storm with gust to 55mph the other day and it was fun.
Whatever blows yer dress up.

VeloCore in the house, mostly assembled, and working. Just in time as it’s snowing/raining in the upper 30s. Planning a test ride today.
Congratulations... looks like Christmas came early this year! ;)
Let us know how you like the VeloCore ride and apps... I'm almost ready to place my order.

Congratulations... looks like Christmas came early this year! ;)
Let us know how you like the VeloCore ride and apps... I'm almost ready to place my order.
Yeah, this whole year has been Christmas with 2 ebikes and now this!
So far I’m impressed. It was packed very well in 2 boxes. I put it together myself and was done within 2 hours while watching tv. Build quality is very heavy duty and it has lots of adjustment. Very quiet. The seat is good but I may replace it later for a bit more cush. The pedals are good.
I did the Fitness Assessment ride and a very short educational ride to learn more about the bike. The trainer was very laid back and effective. I’m planning to use the Manual Ride app to begin as it’s more like a normal ride with lots of flexibility to do your own thing. The Lean capability is very cool in that mode as it feels much more like normal biking than being stuck in an upright and solid position. We’ll see how that works during harder workouts.

Attachments

• 05295193-8F60-4FC2-9AFB-85714CC7C847.jpeg
    05295193-8F60-4FC2-9AFB-85714CC7C847.jpeg
    157.4 KB · Views: 267
  • 055C64B9-3557-4CAD-95BF-D0EAB9AADF5B.jpeg
    055C64B9-3557-4CAD-95BF-D0EAB9AADF5B.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 251
  • D4728B46-0F15-4C4E-8991-13E674CE834B.jpeg
    D4728B46-0F15-4C4E-8991-13E674CE834B.jpeg
    379.6 KB · Views: 240
  • 7E85AB60-2243-4F96-85DC-88D991563153.jpeg
    7E85AB60-2243-4F96-85DC-88D991563153.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 238
Yeah, this whole year has been Christmas with 2 ebikes and now this!
So far I’m impressed. It was packed very well in 2 boxes. I put it together myself and was done within 2 hours while watching tv.
Build quality is very heavy duty and it has lots of adjustment. Very quiet. The seat is good but I may replace it later for a bit more cush. The pedals are good.
I did the Fitness Assessment ride and a very short educational ride to learn more about the bike. The trainer was very laid back and effective. I’m planning to use the Manual Ride app to begin as it’s more like a normal ride with lots of flexibility to do your own thing. The Lean capability is very cool in that mode as it feels much more like normal biking than being stuck in an upright and solid position. We’ll see how that works during harder workouts.
Thanks for the review! Looking forward to hearing more as you start on some ride classes.
I also like the dual function pedals... it looks like a standard SPD clipless pedal on the flip side?

Thanks for the review! Looking forward to hearing more as you start on some ride classes.
I also like the dual function pedals... it looks like a standard SPD clipless pedal on the flip side?
I guess so, I haven’t ever had that before. I use the other side.

Got in a 20+ mile cold and windy Thanksgiving Day ride on my wife’s Allant+7 Lowstep to run the battery down to about 50% for winter storage. Would’ve taken my +7 but found, surprisingly, that her battery doesn’t fit in my bike!🤔 I’m guessing the battery needs a bit of adjustment to fit both bikes. I also found just how different her small Lowstep frame feels from my medium diamond frame.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
A545F817-2134-4B43-85B1-2DE2BFBC5172.jpeg

FWIW, I paid increased attention today to the left/right movement as I rode and how my going uphill increased the chain tension. These factors will help me to adjust my VeloCore to provide a more realistic training ride during future workouts.

Got in a 20+ mile cold and windy Thanksgiving Day ride on my wife’s Allant+7 Lowstep to run the battery down to about 50% for winter storage. Would’ve taken my +7 but found, surprisingly, that her battery doesn’t fit in my bike!🤔 I’m guessing the battery needs a bit of adjustment to fit both bikes. I also found just how different her small Lowstep frame feels from my medium diamond frame.
Happy Thanksgiving to all!
View attachment 72678
Huge differance between my wife's small, low step Como and my medium diamond Como. I can (did once) ride hers with seat as high as possible, but it does not feel safe.

I also rode a large low step Como with seat as low as possible for a week and actually dropped it. Twice. :mad:

Luckly her battery fits my bike so I could ride it down to 50%, b/c she won't get on it again till spring. I think proper fit is really important to a less than skillful cyclist like me. One of the reasons I don't trust one size fits most bikes.

It’s definitely a different feel but I still felt very safe. I made no adjustments at all tho I could have raised the seat height a bit. Missed my dual-level handlebar setup. My bar ends definitely give me a preferred height and the normal stem gives me a better low level. Her higher adjustable stem was kinda in the middle and I didn’t care for it.

The real deal... well done! ;)
Thanks, I like it! It’s a pretty cost effective option if you have a decent bike laying around. Kinda wish I would have gotten the Kinetic that allows the bike to lean/pivot, but it definitely gets the job done. It’s very smooth and quiet compared to less expensive magnetic trainers.

Thanks, I like it! It’s a pretty cost effective option if you have a decent bike laying around.
Kinda wish I would have gotten the Kinetic that allows the bike to lean/pivot, but it definitely gets the job done. It’s very smooth and quiet compared to less expensive magnetic trainers.
I was considering a trainer, but I'm now looking at the Velocore that has the tilt function.
VeloCore Bike - The Indoor Exercise Bike That Leans | Bowflex

Back