What are your plans for winter exercise? Keep riding your ebike or an exercise bike?

I was considering a trainer, but I'm now looking at the Velocore that has the tilt function.
VeloCore Bike - The Indoor Exercise Bike That Leans | Bowflex
Just realized I haven’t said much about our VeloCore lately, mostly because I’ve still been riding outside. I took more notice of how I normally ride as far as side to side motion and pedaling tension depending on the terrain I’m on so I can appreciate/match how I ride on the VeloCore. I really like the Lean function as it just really feels very natural for me.
My wife has been on it 3 or 4 times in the last two weeks and she really likes it a lot!

Just realized I haven’t said much about our VeloCore lately, mostly because I’ve still been riding outside. I took more notice of how I normally ride as far as side to side motion and pedaling tension depending on the terrain I’m on so I can appreciate/match how I ride on the VeloCore. I really like the Lean function as it just really feels very natural for me.
My wife has been on it 3 or 4 times in the last two weeks and she really likes it a lot!
Would love to hear more about the tilt/lean function and the online classes.

Would love to hear more about the tilt/lean function and the online classes.
Again, I haven’t done many of the classes yet.
Lean function works very well and feels natural for a guy like me who rides mostly on paved roads/trails. The classes utilize the lean function during workouts, telling you when to turn it on and off for certain amounts of time and it just feels more like a regular bike ride in that respect. The exercise objective is to activate your core muscles on each side.
The tensioning is the one area I’d like to see done a bit differently. Not that it’s bad but I’d kinda like to see a shift lever or other form of adjuster used instead of the screw knob. I’d really like to see the auto incline/tensioning of the NordicTrak S22i and VeloCore Lean functions combined in one bike, though I’d like to keep control of the amount of tensioning myself.

I would rather ride on exercise bike and do some workout exercises with myself and home gym's equipment. I don't get how someone "cannot wait" couple of months until winter would gone. Talking of which, what exact home equipment do you use? I like to use ab wheels and this exact back roller wheel which I find pretty helpful, from time to time. It stretch my muscles, and make my back muscles much stronger.

Last edited:
I would rather ride on exercise bike and do some workout exercises with myself and home gym's equipment. I don't get how someone "cannot wait" couple of months until winter would gone.
I’d much rather ride outside but, at my age, I’m just not willing to take the chance of falling on snowy/icy patches. I’m also not a real fan of freezing my ass off anymore nor am I willing to bother with studded tires/facial covering/etc./etc.

...that said, I’m getting ready for colder weather in dry conditions!

Attachments

• 799F5651-300B-43D5-9296-21F51D6E8183.jpeg
    799F5651-300B-43D5-9296-21F51D6E8183.jpeg
    97.6 KB · Views: 215
I’d much rather ride outside but, at my age, I’m just not willing to take the chance of falling on snowy/icy patches. I’m also not a real fan of freezing my ass off anymore nor am I willing to bother with studded tires/facial covering/etc./etc.
I resemble that remark. 😜

...that said, I’m getting ready for colder weather in dry conditions!
Do your optical glasses suffice for the winter conditions? Mine don't, that's why I always wear goggles on my winter rides.

I have just bought windbreaking, rain protection trouser covers. These should do miracles on my next rides, especially during the downpour. These include shoe covers, too. Nothing worse than riding in wet shoes/boots, only next thing to soaked glovers....

I have just bought windbreaking, rain protection trouser covers. These should do miracles on my next rides, especially during the downpour. These include shoe covers, too. Nothing worse than riding in wet shoes/boots, only next thing to soaked glovers....
I always ride with a pair in the pannier for my commute in the case of downpour (quite probable at the moment with our la Nina weather cycle). They're brilliant! Dry from the neck down!

Last edited:
I always ride with a pair in the pannier for my commute in the case of downpour (quite probable at the moment with our la Nina weather cycle). They're brilliant! Dry from the neck down!
I had a pair before but cannot find it anymore... :) My old pair was in too big size, making me feel uncomfortable. (You're at least experiencing Summer now) :)

Do your optical glasses suffice for the winter conditions? Mine don't, that's why I always wear goggles on my winter rides.

Not sure what you mean by “suffice”?
I just happened upon these (Coleman) goggles last night and (thinking of you) decided to buy them because my eyes water a lot in the cold wind. The neoprene face covering was sitting there right beside them on the store shelf. Totally a Walmart impulse buy (both for <$20) to see if they work next time I ride. We’re due for up to 10” of snow some time in the next 24 hours so they’re gonna be used for snow blowing duty first!🌨❄️🥶

I bought a pair of Columbia windbreaker/rain pants at an outlet store but again as an experiment. They work but are definitely too big so I’ll be looking for a more fitted pair eventually.

I bought a pair of Columbia windbreaker/rain pants at an outlet store but again as an experiment. They work but are definitely too big so I’ll be looking for a more fitted pair eventually.
Blocking the wind definitely helps as much if not more than layering for the temperature ;)
And ski style goggles are more comfortable in winter and less likely to fog especially when wearing a nose and mouth cover.

Last edited:
Not sure what you mean by “suffice”?
I just happened upon these (Coleman) goggles last night and (thinking of you) decided to buy them because my eyes water a lot in the cold wind. The neoprene face covering was sitting there right beside them on the store shelf. Totally a Walmart impulse buy (both for <$20) to see if they work next time I ride. We’re due for up to 10” of snow some time in the next 24 hours so they’re gonna be used for snow blowing duty first!🌨❄️🥶
So these glasses in your photo are actually goggles? Very nice!

Given that this is the monsoon season here in the PNW, I´m not planning any beach volleyball in my speedo. I ride E almost daily in
spite of rain,( barring the frequent biblical deluges ), & ride my 60 year old Schwinn stationary otherwise. From boredom, I´e taken up
magnet fishing at the various nearby marinas, Haven´t recovered any murder weapons yet, but there have been a number of
unidentified sunken objects.

My e-ride is still in winter storage so I continue to ride my exercise bike. Problem is it doesn’t remain stationary for very long. ;)
View attachment 75373
Looks like a perfect day for a winter ride complete with sunshine, a rare event here. We used to get snow 30 years ago, but in the last 10
we only get a couple light snows,(maybe) that are gone the next day. Can´t speak for the rest of the country, but climate change is real here.
We´re fortunate a couple days sunshine a month in winter.

Only reason I ride in winter at my age is that I´m an obstinate, masochistic & incurable, adrenilin junkie. Froze my wet feet yesterday.🥶

Back