Watt Wagons Ultimate Commuter Pro

Congratulations!!! Do you know the avarage speed. I watched the videos on instagram and it looked like he was really flying.

Thanks! Ravi was trying to maintain the avg riding cadence of 26mph - constant cadence helps instead of speeding all over. Towards the end he was going well north of that.
He was flying for sure- the bike was able to keep up with Ravi :)

I guess the important question is,......how was the Canadian beer?
To be honest I had something called Cadian Cream ale ... might not be for everyone but it is probably one of the best beers I have tasted in a while! I am here a couple more days so will taste a little more.

Sorry I'm a little confused here.. 395 miles in 24hr is approx 16mph, not 26mph.
Which in my opinion, rather slow considering the bike had a Bafang Ultra.

Was this actually a 24 hr run? like Le Mans 24 where they have 3 drivers (or riders) and actually run the machine for 24 hr straight?
or was this more like... ride for a bit, take a break, ride again, have a nap, and ride..?

Not trying to be negative or anything, but 16mph?? :oops:

Great point. Ravi was riding alone and took breaks along the way (food/power nap). Got pretty dramatic as we got closer to 24 hour mark as exhaustion started catching up with him, and us (the stopwatch warriors). We took a bunch of footage and will try to do something with it in the near future.

Ravi was pretty much doing 24-26mph while riding but Our avg with breaks dropped off after the 14 hour mark. We ended up having somewhat unexpected weather issues and significant cross wind gusts. Like crazy - we lost a tent!

It was tough sledding but we made it happen.

well sorry but maybe I watch too much motorsports, but when I hear "24 hour record", I assumed the machine was actually tortured for 24 hours.
Because some of the most reliable motorcycles will have engine overheating or gear chipping problems if you actually ride hard at its potential for 24 hours.

I raced motorcycles most of my life and never had issues with that.

well sorry but maybe I watch too much motorsports, but when I hear "24 hour record", I assumed the machine was actually tortured for 24 hours.
Because some of the most reliable motorcycles will have engine overheating or gear chipping problems if you actually ride hard at its potential for 24 hours.
With an ebike the potential is limited by a human factor. That's what it's all about. If you want to see tortured riders check out the Tour de France. I did an endurance rally in the 90's on a MC, 1200 miles in 24 hours. Any 24 hours in the saddle is grueling.

It must be exhaust to do this with one rider. Congrats to him.

Yes. Ravi is phenomenal. The bike was fantastic throughout.
Just to clarify for everyone - the records we were attempting were the most distance by a single rider on a legal ebike in 12 hours, and then in 24 hours. Pedal assist only.

The previous record was around 248 miles in 24 hours.
Ravi did nearly 225 miles in 12 hours and nearly 395 miles in the 24 hour period on the Watt Wagons Ultimate Commuter Pro.

I'm just so Incredibly proud of what we have been able to build and prove. We have electric bicycles that can rival automobiles for a large percentage of regular usage, and provide incredible reliability. It is just so great to be able to say that and back it up with what Ravi did with the bike. Truly a herculean effort on his part.

Yes. Ravi is phenomenal. The bike was fantastic throughout.
Just to clarify for everyone - the records we were attempting were the most distance by a single rider on a legal ebike in 12 hours, and then in 24 hours. Pedal assist only.

The previous record was around 248 miles in 24 hours.
Ravi did nearly 225 miles in 12 hours and nearly 395 miles in the 24 hour period on the Watt Wagons Ultimate Commuter Pro.

I'm just so Incredibly proud of what we have been able to build and prove. We have electric bicycles that can rival automobiles for a large percentage of regular usage, and provide incredible reliability. It is just so great to be able to say that and back it up with what Ravi did with the bike. Truly a herculean effort on his part.

Pushkar,

Kudos to your whole team, I know how hard you all worked and how incredibly proud you must be.????✌️??????

I hope your success is reflected in sales of the Ultimate Commuter Pro. Are there any changes or additions you will make to your bike as a result of the event experience?

I believe the bike did not need anything except recharging batteries. Very impressive bike.

Pushkar,

Are there any changes or additions you will make to your bike as a result of the event experience?

It was incredible ....we needed NOTHING except battery swaps ! The bike performed flawlessly. Not even a flat tube ! Just flat out grueling torture test of the entire bike - Ravi of course handled it incredibly well, and I am glad that all the thought we put in to it really mattered !

Congrats to Pushkar, Ravi and everyone else involved in this amazing accomplishment! Your new world record is a testament to all of the prep and training that went into preparing for this event, not to mention the design and build of the Ultimate Commuter Pro itself. I cannot wait for my own Commuter Pro to arrive!

Back