Watt Wagons Ultimate Commuter Pro

Ready to take the Watt Wagon shopping as soon as the rain stops, I've had a few rides around the block fine tuning everything and it's absolutely awesome. My Biketrix BBSHD feels like a snail in comparison and they are no slouch. Sorry for the lousy picture but it's pouring out.

Attachments

• IMG_0302.JPG
    IMG_0302.JPG
    94.6 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
Ready to take the Watt Wagon shopping as soon as the rain stops, I've had a few rides around the block fine tuning everything and it's absolutely awesome. My Biketrix BBSHD feels like a snail in comparison and they are no slouch. Sorry for the lousy picture but it's pouring out.

I've been singing praise for the Ultra for almost two years . Nothing like it in a mid drive.

I snuck away from the grandchildren long enough to head out on the Watt Wagon to a nearby lake. If was the fastest, funniest, least amount of energy and most smiles per mile bike ride I've ever had. I'm not anal about my mileage but compared to any of my other bikes this has to be the most green bike I own, I just go by battery used on the same trips I do on a regular basis. It's also the quietest and best handling bike I own by a large margin. I'll post a real review when I have rime.

Attachments

• IMG_1002.JPG
    IMG_1002.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 547
  • IMG_1003.JPG
    IMG_1003.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_1005.JPG
    IMG_1005.JPG
    106.8 KB · Views: 508
I snuck away from the grandchildren long enough to head out on the Watt Wagon to a nearby lake. If was the fastest, funniest, least amount of energy and most smiles per mile bike ride I've ever had. I'm not anal about my mileage but compared to any of my other bikes this has to be the most green bike I own, I just go by battery used on the same trips I do on a regular basis. It's also the quietest and best handling bike I own by a large margin. I'll post a real review when I have rime.

If you can adjust the Kinect Body Float sag to your weight (from the pic, it looks like it could be tightened a bit more), it will also be the most comfortable bike in your stable!

Enjoy the bike 👍. It is a lot of fun and very low maintenance.

Thanks Ravi, I'll tighten it up but I find it pretty comfortable as it is now and it's where I have my other Kinect seat posts set. I didn't say in my post that the bike is comfortable only because I'm adjusting to the Brooks saddle which I found painful to begin with but it's getting a bit better with every ride. The front fork is awesome and is a really good choice.

Thanks Ravi, I'll tighten it up but I find it pretty comfortable as it is now and it's where I have my other Kinect seat posts set. I didn't say in my post that the bike is comfortable only because I'm adjusting to the Brooks saddle which I found painful to begin with but it's getting a bit better with every ride. The front fork is awesome and is a really good choice.

The Brooks saddle comes with leather-proofing oil. If you apply as per the instruction on the box, it will break in quicker.
@pushkar can help you with that.

The Brooks saddle comes with leather-proofing oil. If you apply as per the instruction on the box, it will break in quicker.
@pushkar can help you with that.
We ship it after applying. Hope that starts to help soon.

@Feliz thanks for providing feedback on the bike. That sounds amazing. Also, thanks for identifying areas where we can improve on as we grow. Your inputs have been invaluable!!

That is one sweet looking ride. (I see that you have corrected the saddle tilt :) )

Please don't forget to give us your detailed review when you have the time.

Ride safe and enjoy

Just wondering if anyone following this thread has their Watt Wagons yet or at least is using a Seca 1800 light? Is there a trick to turning it on, is my light defective, or am I overlooking something simple? I've checked the wiring and it seems okay, in fact the little green button on top of the light flashes so it must be getting power and the rear light is working. I turn the light on using the display which turns on the rear light but nothing happens up front. Thanks for any insight.

Just wondering if anyone following this thread has their Watt Wagons yet or at least is using a Seca 1800 light? Is there a trick to turning it on, is my light defective, or am I overlooking something simple? I've checked the wiring and it seems okay, in fact the little green button on top of the light flashes so it must be getting power and the rear light is working. I turn the light on using the display which turns on the rear light but nothing happens up front. Thanks for any insight.
Hey Feliz

The front light is wired directly into the battery using a Grin step-down converter. I wanted to build something like a DRL - (daytime running light) - in cars.
The light should turn on if your battery is on. I believe the grin stepdown converter may need to be re-set (just short the output terminals) if the light is not coming on. I can call you if we need to troubleshoot.

Hey Feliz

The front light is wired directly into the battery using a Grin step-down converter. I wanted to build something like a DRL - (daytime running light) - in cars.
The light should turn on if your battery is on. I believe the grin stepdown converter may need to be re-set (just short the output terminals) if the light is not coming on. I can call you if we need to troubleshoot.

I'll try that Pushkar assuming I can get at the output terminals. The rear light is working though.

WOW, that's quite a light! I don't know what I did but we fixed it. I found the Grin box and was moving the output wires when the light came on, must be a bad connection although I couldn't get it to go off again. Thanks for your help.

Pushkar,

First, I would like to both congratulate and thank you for putting together what appears to be amazing bike! When I came across this thread, it really caught my interest. I've been searching for a mid-drive bike with decent power, quality build and higher end, but practical components. Your choice of the components are right there with what I was looking for. Plus a couple that I hadn't even thought of, but really like!
I'm about ready to order, but have a couple questions. Apologies if they've been answered elsewhere. I've read everything I could find, but couldn't find an answer.

#1- I see that the rims are "tubeless ready". What about the Schwalbe SuperMoto X tires? I checked the Schwalbe website but didn't see them listed as either "tubeless ready", or "tubeless E-Z". I would really like to run tubeless. Certainly not a deal killer if I have to order up some different tires.

#2- Is there an option on your website to specify the specific weight range for the Kinekt seat post when ordering? I know it's offered in four sizes/weight ranges, but didn't see the option during checkout.

#3- Is there an option to order a second battery?

Thanks in advance for your assistance, and keep up the great work!

Rob

Pushkar,

First, I would like to both congratulate and thank you for putting together what appears to be amazing bike! When I came across this thread, it really caught my interest. I've been searching for a mid-drive bike with decent power, quality build and higher end, but practical components. Your choice of the components are right there with what I was looking for. Plus a couple that I hadn't even thought of, but really like!
I'm about ready to order, but have a couple questions. Apologies if they've been answered elsewhere. I've read everything I could find, but couldn't find an answer.

#1- I see that the rims are "tubeless ready". What about the Schwalbe SuperMoto X tires? I checked the Schwalbe website but didn't see them listed as either "tubeless ready", or "tubeless E-Z". I would really like to run tubeless. Certainly not a deal killer if I have to order up some different tires.

#2- Is there an option on your website to specify the specific weight range for the Kinekt seat post when ordering? I know it's offered in four sizes/weight ranges, but didn't see the option during checkout.

Rob

1. SuperMoto-X are not TLE but it can be made to work if you sand down some of the rubber strands near the sidewall. Schwalbe Almotion is an excellent TLE tire.
  2. YES. Just email him.
  3. YES

Pushkar,

Rob

Rob

Thanks for the kind words. As Ravi pointed out, we can definitely do that.

I will DM you to get specifics around the frame size you are interested in.

Hey bud. Thanks! I'm the owner of the company. I just PMd you. Let's connect if you have time today.
If you ever have the bike at a event,or on display within say 200 miles of SE Michigan please post the event.I would make the drive to come see it.Cliff

I will be in WI at the Crazy place next week, saw an ad that he is selling these bikes, he has some to test ride while there? My original post here was the battery screamed ebike. But now with the law change maybe not an issue??? hope to try it while there

I will be in WI at the Crazy place next week, saw an ad that he is selling these bikes, he has some to test ride while there? My original post here was the battery screamed ebike. But now with the law change maybe not an issue??? hope to try it while there
Yes. Lenny's has a model on the floor.

If any of you guys are close to Boulder CO, you can test ride it at Freedom Folding Bikes.

If there are other areas you are in, one ping me and I'd be happy to connect you with someone local (if available).

Is it going to be possible to mount a left side towing hook (with something like an extended axle) on the WattWagon for a trailer like a Burley? Or would this have negative effects with the adjustable belt tensioning mount of the rear wheel?

Back