Watt Wagons Labs! 3000 - 5000W Ultra!

pushkar

This isnt going to get a lot of press but I wanted to share that we have launched Watt Wagons labs (https://wattwagons.com/collections/labs)

The goal is to push the boundaries of performance and be transparent about what you get with the products. To that end, we are launching
1. Bafang Ultra with 3000W nominal, 4000W nominal and 5000W nominal versions.
2. Ultra controller upgrade for the same options.
3. Steel mount for Bafang ultra (made on demand, 45-60 day lead time). Made in the US.

Note that the Labs edition of the ultra will NOT work with regular battery packs. You will need to build something to support it :) These products have little / no warranty. This is strictly for users who understand the product and the limitations, and want to build something awesome.

Holy s*it! I can’t imagine what the torque output would be at those power levels. I had a CYC X1 Pro powered Fat Bike and it just destroyed my free hub body. Chewed it up but good.

Even if let us say you would only use 5000W for short periods of time, I also wonder if mechanically it will hold, or if it will actually start disintegrating...

Oh. It holds just fine. The motor is built tough tbh. Sustained performance is the only limiting factor.

One thing to keep in mind is standard bicycle parts can only take so much. At some point all you will start doing is breaking stuff and that’s no fun.

I think anything other than a single speed chain will not be ideal. Steel all the way round I would say.

Back