Watt Wagons Critical Product Availability Status

Over a week ago I texted a few times and left a message and haven't yet received a response. I did speak to him a month ago, but haven't received a definite shipping date.

With Pushkar it's never a good thing when he won't reply to text messages or emails ( I speak from experience :confused:). I hope I'm wrong, but I think you could be in for a long wait.

Has anyone gotten on of these gen 2 bikes? Their website says shipping was to begin April 2023. I don’t understand how a company can get away with this year after year.

Last edited:
With Pushkar it's never a good thing when he won't reply to text messages or emails ( I speak from experience :confused:). I hope I'm wrong, but I think you could be in for a long wait.
Thanks for the replies. It's a lot of money to put out without any information on when to expect the product. The bike sounds great, but at this point I'm fighting off buyer's remorse. A "reserve deposit" would be a better approach than charging a full $7K+ for a product that has a long period undefined delivery and no comms from the company.

I don’t know how it ends. I buy stuff all the time on the internet without bothering to look at the companies history. I just assume that if they say something is in stock it is or if it is going to be available in April that it will be. If they run into problems that they will give me my money back.

Even when I buy stuff off of AliExpress, I get it by the time promised. Slightly nervous with light carbon out of China because I didn’t seem to have any consumer protection. It too arrived before the date they gave me.

While we have discussed the problems of this company many times, I think it is safe to assume that only a small percentage of the people buying e-bikes ever make it to this forum. I don’t think this will stop until someone finally takes this up with some kind of consumer protection agency and forces ww to either start honoring their commitments or shuts them down.

There is an easy solution.
Only buy stuff that is in stock...

Maybe. The website says deliveries will begin in April. He purchased his bike in June. If I was buying a product like that I would assume it was ready to go. It would not occur to me to call ahead and check I would just assume it was honest. People have been calling and it is now 150 days out and it still hasn’t been corrected
IMG_4026.png

Last edited:
I don’t know how it ends. I buy stuff all the time on the internet without bothering to look at the companies history. I just assume that if they say something is in stock it is or if it is going to be available in April that it will be. If they run into problems that they will give me my money back.

Even when I buy stuff off of AliExpress, I get it by the time promised. Slightly nervous with light carbon out of China because I didn’t seem to have any consumer protection. It too arrived before the date they gave me.

While we have discussed the problems of this company many times, I think it is safe to assume that only a small percentage of the people buying e-bikes ever make it to this forum. I don’t think this will stop until someone finally takes this up with some kind of consumer protection agency and forces ww to either start honoring their commitments or shuts them down.
Unfortunately this isnt the only company that does stuff like this. My advice to anyone buying a bike from any company is do your research. Look for any potential complaints against the company and problems or issues owners may be having with their bikes. I’m considering getting a bike from Frey but don’t know enough about them to take the plunge.

One company I can recommend is Vintage Electric. I have their 72v Scrambler and while not the same type of bike the OP purchased from WW, it’s a fantastic bike and very high quality. VE is an excellent company who stands behind their bikes as well.

@TeMo, did you order a bike with the 'base' Ultra motor, or the 'Supercharged' motor?
I ask, because it looks like WW is presently not able to get their high performance controller to work properly with Bafang's new Can Bus system.

@TeMo, did you order a bike with the 'base' Ultra motor, or the 'Supercharged' motor?
I ask, because it looks like WW is presently not able to get their high performance controller to work properly with Bafang's new Can Bus system.
I ordered the supercharged. Where did you find out about this issue, and do you know if there's any expected timeframe for the fix?

This information is from Jermaine468 who drove to WW's shop to get some answers as to why they haven't shipped his bike.
Their bike builder (Greg) said that they were presently not able to get their high performance controller to work with Bafang's Can Bus system.
He also said that Bafang had sent them some 'performance' Ultra motors and that he was going to install one in Jermaine468's bike so he could take the bike home.
I didn't realize Bafang made and sold a 'high performance' version of the Ultra motor. I wonder if Greg's just installing a stock motor........

I wonder what high performance controller WW is using. Are they still using the Archon X1 controller? Is Archon still in business?

By the way, the WW building has a 'for lease' sign on the front. Not sure what that means.

UART m620's are still available in 48v and 52v from GreenBikIt, a China based Bafang supplier and one would assume they get them from Bafang? If they wanted they could get motors from them to satisfy their clients. As far as I know the highest performance motor that Bafang makes in mid drive is the 52v, which I am not even sure comes in CanBus?

The Archon controller works just fine with a UART system but who knows if it is still on the market as it never was widely distributed here due to WW cornering the US market with them and not really backing that move with sales and tech service.

WW is and has been nothing but a hit or miss operation and I can't believe that there are people that still send them money. Caveat Emptor.

As the owner of a 52v @ 30A M620 I can't imagine anyone needing any more power than it provides. You have to be damn careful of the drivetrain as it is and is plenty fast for a bicycle.

Bafang makes a 60volt max 1800 watt Ultra as used in the Frey Beast which I have. It is Canbus.

.View attachment 162244
According to the tag 60v x 28A is 1680w peak not 1800w? If CanBus then you have no access to increase the Amp's.

A 52v @ 30A is 1560w peak so yes it is not the most powerful Bafang mid drive apparently but to me the ability to tune the motor via it being UART to my needs exceeds the extra 120w of peak power I am missing especially because I rarely ever am trying to get that out of it. YMMV of course.

I do stand by the fact that anything over 1000w going through a conventional chain/derailleur based drive train is not up to the task of reliably putting power to the rear wheel while on the ground. Sure it can be done but one wrong move and you will have something give. Probably the main reason that the SurRon type motor bikes are so popular because they have the power but their final drivetrains are stronger? But they are not eBikes no matter what people try to sell them as. The proof is in the pedaling.

According to the tag 60v x 28A is 1680w peak not 1800w? If CanBus then you have no access to increase the Amp's.

A 52v @ 30A is 1560w peak so yes it is not the most powerful Bafang mid drive apparently but to me the ability to tune the motor via it being UART to my needs exceeds the extra 120w of peak power I am missing especially because I rarely ever am trying to get that out of it. YMMV of course.

I do stand by the fact that anything over 1000w going through a conventional chain/derailleur based drive train is not up to the task of reliably putting power to the rear wheel while on the ground. Sure it can be done but one wrong move and you will have something give. Probably the main reason that the SurRon type motor bikes are so popular because they have the power but their final drivetrains are stronger? But they are not eBikes no matter what people try to sell them as. The proof is in the pedaling.
A 60 volt battery charges to 67.2 volts and doesn’t hit 60 volts until it is circa 62% of its charge. So the battery is putting out in excess of 60 volts for a good deal of its charge.

Frey quotes 1800w peak on its website.

In any case, I mainly bought the bike for its 24.5a/h battery. No point getting an Ultra powered bike and being limited by range, pas level or battery sag. The fact it came with higher output is a bonus. The Beast has a shift sensor and I haven’t lunched the drivetrain yet.

When ordering the bike yes I was concerned about the behaviour of the Canbus motor and the current inability to tune it. I took the risk and found the tune was fine for me, so absolutely no regrets here. Just about to install a 48t chainring (Stock is 40).

Last edited:
Back