Ultra 1000 frame size / taller riders

RobD

I'm strongly considering ordering an Ultra 1000 during this pre-sale. My question is regarding fit with taller riders. I know it's only offered in one frame size. Can any taller riders provide some feedback on fit, or what you needed to do to get it to fit for you? I'm 6-02, with a 35" inseam, and 35" sleeve length in dress shirts.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered. I looked, but couldn't find anything.

I'm a bit shorter than you by a couple of inches and have the same bike. The fit should be fine for you as long as you set your saddle height accordingly. I'm also running 29 x 3 wheels so that adds to the frame height a bit.

I'm 6'2", 200 pounds, 34" inseem and it fits me. Great bike! Oh, I also have the 3" tires.....good choice.

Thanks for the replies.
Yeah, I was looking at the 29x3 option as well. I see that when ordering, you can add an extra set of 29 inch wheel. I have an email in to Biktrix checking if I can just order it with the 29's instead of the 26x4's.

Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the feedback.
I'm finalizing my order. Looks like the 29x3's won't be available for a while. I may have to try the 27.5x3's instead. Bummer. I was hoping for the slight extra height of the 29's.

I'm a bit shorter than you by a couple of inches and have the same bike. The fit should be fine for you as long as you set your saddle height accordingly. I'm also running 29 x 3 wheels so that adds to the height a bit.
Thanks for the replies. I appreciate the feedback.
I'm finalizing my order. Looks like the 29x3's won't be available for a while. I may have to try the 27.5x3's instead. Bummer. I was hoping for the slight extra height of the 29's.

You can get your own wheelset from another vendor/shop as long as the hub spacing is the same. I can recommend Lace Mine 29.

I'm strongly considering ordering an Ultra 1000 during this pre-sale. My question is regarding fit with taller riders. I know it's only offered in one frame size. Can any taller riders provide some feedback on fit, or what you needed to do to get it to fit for you? I'm 6-02, with a 35" inseam, and 35" sleeve length in dress shirts.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered. I looked, but couldn't find anything.

I am considering this bike and want to know if you are satisfied with the size? Able to extend your legs during the downstroke? My current bike frame is a little small.

I don't know about this particular frame's geometry, but even if you can get the seat up high enough for proper leg extension, that may place the handlebars too low for comfort. You may end up with stem risers and such.

That said, the general guidance for eBikes is that a little bit smaller frame is better than a little bit too big.

I don't know about this particular frame's geometry, but even if you can get the seat up high enough for proper leg extension, that may place the handlebars too low for comfort. You may end up with stem risers and such.

That said, the general guidance for eBikes is that a little bit smaller frame is better than a little bit too big.
Thanks.

I am considering this bike and want to know if you are satisfied with the size? Able to extend your legs during the downstroke? My current bike frame is a little small.

kbebike

I don’t know what your inseam is, but mine is 35”. What I’ve found is that with this bike, using the stock seatpost, I could not raise it enough to get anything close to proper extension. I ordered a 350mm SR SunTour Suspension Post, and even using my thick Serfas RX Cruiser seat, I still couldn’t get enough extension, and stay below the limit line on the seat post.
I may order a 400mm SunTour seatpost and see what that does for me. Part of the problem is that the frame has a very short seat post tube, 16.5 inches from crank to tube top. In comparison, the seat tube on my Rad Rover is 18.25 inches. That same seat post and seat give me plenty of extension on my Rover.
The other issue, at least to my eyes, is that you end up with a reeeeally tall extended seat tube sticking up from the frame, which will look even more out of balance (to me) if I add a 50mm longer seat post. And as has been mentioned in a previous post, the handlebars are going to require a taller riser to get the bars into a comfortable position, unless you like to ride with low bars. As is, there is too much weight on my hands. I had already purchased a Jones H-bar handlebar, which is what I have on my Rover. The Ultra is still going to need a different bar riser before I can use it. The bike has just been sitting these last few months, as I just haven’t wanted to deal with it. Plus, because of this crazy Covid crap, the local bike shops are closed. 🤬
To be honest, having now ridden both, my needs are more than met with the Rover. I thought I wanted/needed more power and torque, but for my needs, the Rover is actually a better fit.
Anyone in Northern Nevada looking for an Ultra 1000?

Back