Turbo Vado & Como Tune - A Hidden Gem for BLOKS Display Users

Hi, I want to reset the BLOKS according to the instructions on the bottom of the silver button with a side pen. The BLOCK must be on, and when it is on the bracket I cannot access the reset buttons. Should I connect the BLOCK to the USB from the front (eg PC) to get the voltage and then reset? What is this USB going to BLOKS? THXpo (19

@Igor M: First you need unscrew a tiny screw in the BLOKS holder (it protects the display against being horizontally turned). Then you rotate the BLOKS in the holder 90 degrees and it will pop out into your hand. Only then you can access the bottom of the display.

P.S. Don't use the USB port. It is only for diagnostic purposes by the dealer.
P.S.2. Note that your Vado cannot work without the display! (You should also replace the button battery in the display once in say every two years).

... thanks for the quick reply, it's clear to me how I take off the block. When I take it off it is no longer connected and then a hard reset cannot be done. How can it be connected, and can I access the hard reset button?

... thanks for the quick reply, it's clear to me how I take off the block. When I take it off it is no longer connected and then a hard reset cannot be done. How can it be connected, and can I access the hard reset button?
No, Igor. The BLOCKS is powered by its own battery. Just remove it from the holder from the bike turned on and it will remain on to be reset. (Remember I had the BLOKS display and was doing that many times).

Unfortunately, after several attempts I was unable to restart. I start the bike, take off the BLOX, press the reset and hold, for a long, short time, nothing ... I'll take him to the service, for them to try. Using APP I was able to change the wheel size settings so that now the deviation is within 1%.

Igor, do whatever you can to make them replace your BLOKS with TCD-W... Even offer you'll pay for that. Worth every eurocent!

Got my first android tablet ... downloaded and installed the app, it's up and running, I enter my email address, tap the "I have read ..." and 'Continue" ---- but I then get the following message ... "Error - A user with the declared registration data could not be found"

Need some help. Thanks.

Last edited:
@bnow: Have you considered converting your e-bike from BLOKS to TCD-w display? What model and model year is it?

@bnow: Have you considered converting your e-bike from BLOKS to TCD-w display? What model and model year is it?
It was an option, but not needed at this time. Bought the bike in Dec 2017 (Turbo Vado 4.0 2018 model). Have ridden it almost daily since, especially now that I have retired. Looking to get the newest Vado 5.0 but they are not available ... No inventory. Only issue was the motor drive belt failed, and had to have the motor replaced. The good news is that I now have a spare motor, but I can’t seem to be able to source the belt. ;)

Just wait until 2022 Vados become available. A great technological breakthrough, as I can see that.

Got my first android tablet ... downloaded and installed the app, it's up and running, I enter my email address, tap the "I have read ..." and 'Continue" ---- but I then get the following message ... "Error - A user with the declared registration data could not be found"

Need some help. Thanks.
Is it maybe possible to "hack" the app? I'm thinking of finding where the settings are stored and change the settings for " accept terms and..." manual to true.

@those who installed the app a few month ago: Does the App still run on your device without the registration ERROR?

Yes, three times ... but, like I said ... all is good ... Have a tablet I can play around with, and a brand new motor installed on my 2018 Vado ... It's going to be a great fall season.
I am having the same issue on my 2018 Vado 6. The bike is registered with Specialized and the Turbo apk tune app says that I can not be found. The dealer says they can replace the old bloks display but I can not find proof of purchase (bought second hand) and now the dealer can't even give me a price for me to upgrade to the TCD-W. Frustrating!!!

@Igor M: First you need unscrew a tiny screw in the BLOKS holder (it protects the display against being horizontally turned). Then you rotate the BLOKS in the holder 90 degrees and it will pop out into your hand. Only then you can access the bottom of the display.

P.S. Don't use the USB port. It is only for diagnostic purposes by the dealer.
P.S.2. Note that your Vado cannot work without the display! (You should also replace the button battery in the display once in say every two years).
Stefan,

Can you help me understand where exactly that reset is on the BLOKS head unit and where the battery is, which battery type it is and how to change that out? My 2018 Turbo Vado 6.0 is at the bike shop and they just quoted me $2,500 to upgrade it. Hoping it's just a dead head unit (I never knew it had a replaceable battery). Thanks!! -Jack

Jack,

I'm taking this information from the top of my head, as I do not have the BLOKS since May 2020.
  • If you cannot rotate the BLOKS in its mount, locate a tiny screw at the mount base and remove it. Now, you can turn the display and remove it from the mount.
  • Inspect the BLOKS from the bottom. There is a tiny silver point. Depress it with the end of the smallest hex wrench you have or another narrow object.
  • The chances are the coin battery inside the unit is dead. You have to locate the battery cover at the bottom of the display and replace it. I am sure your BLOKS does not work because of the flat coin battery.
I cannot tell you anything about the battery cover or the type of the coin battery as I do not think I had ever replaced it.

P.S. $2,500? Specialized must have gone mad. They were replacing the BLOKS with the "TCD-w Conversion Set for Vado 6.0" free even past the warranty including 2021! Perhaps you could write to Specialized Rider Care and explain the situation? (Of course, now you should pay for the labour but not for the Conversion Set!)

Last edited:
Back