Turbo Levo Rear travel

Crush

Hey guys.

Going back and forth between the Levo and the Enduro. Love the Enduro but there is a convenience about the Levo having tiny kids and a Wife working shifts that is hard to pass up. Can belt to the trail, hammer it out and get back before dark...

BUT. In Australia, the Levo is said to have 120mm rear travel - which after testing a couple times, i'd definitely like the 140mm as stated per the US, UK, and all Euro specialized pages and every single magazine test. I think it could be a marketing screwup, but would like to compare... perhaps the FSR bar is longer overseas?

So... Anyone with a levo and a ruler who would care to take some centre to centre measurements for me? On a large, but it does say the chainstays are the same as per their page so should be same.

All measurements, centre to centre:
72mm front eye to back FSR bar
50mm front eye to shock eyelet FSR bar
250mm shock total length
58mm stroke length
355mm chain stay to pivot
400mm chain stay to axle
450mm axle to FSR bar

Any help would be really appreciated! All the Spec guys have only been able to contact front of house thus far, waiting to see if we can hear from the product team but I suspect that answer might be withheld if a marketing screw up.

The Levo with regular (2.4") tyres has shorter travel than the 6Fattie version. That's why it is referred to as "Turbo Levo FSR Short Travel Comp 29". The 6Fattie has 140mm travel. Does that clarify it? IMHO, just get the 6Fattie. I've only ridden the Short Travel version and that was awesome - I am certain the 6Fattie is even more awesome. That's what Flow MTB has been testing.

Cheers bud. Yeah I've seen the 120... down here it has 120 all around, the fork is marketed as the difference as you say.

Hoping that's what it is... So I took those measurements and have had someone in Germany confirm their same frame has the same measurements... and their bike is marketed as 140.

Kicker being, I asked the shop to measure the travel by letting the air out in the shock and measuring the vertical distance the wheel travelled... and they got 120...

So... They're calling Specialized's product team to see. Will be interesting. If they bother to answer. If there is an actual difference in the swing bar... Or if it is a global marketing screw up, in which case I'd suspect they don't want to talk about it with all the people believing they're riding 140!

Interesting. To be fair, if you had asked me what the travel was on the Short Travel one that I tested I would have guessed around 130mm. And that's definitely 120mm.
There does seem to be an anomaly in the text on the Short Travel - mentions 140mm but the specs say 120mm. As long as the fork on the 6Fattie is 140mm I'd say don't worry about the rest, just ride! Highly unlikely there is a special Australian version that has cheated you out of travel.

Yep, I very much doubt there is a special Aussie model, gosh there couldn't be anywhere near enough normal bikes to suspend a special model, let alone an e-bike.

Thing is, I love the bike, it's such a good cross over from motocross for me, BUT, without pushing it, i've already used all the travel on the demo model... I could definitely use the extra inch haha

I recently purchased a Women's Turbo Levo short travel FSR 6 Fattie. This model bike has 120mm of travel and 2.8 inch tires. I was not aware of a short travel version made and sold in the US for men.

Hi Kathik. I'm looking at the same one- 2017 Women's Turbo Levo Short travel FSR 6 Fattie. It's considerably discounted from the Comp (increased suspension, dropper post and better components). What kind of trails do you ride? We're in S. Cal near the Santa Monica Mountains. Very rocky and technical in spots. Do you ever wish you had better suspension? I can't decide if the comp (or even the 2018) is worth the extra $$. Thanks!

Hi Kathik. I'm looking at the same one- 2017 Women's Turbo Levo Short travel FSR 6 Fattie. It's considerably discounted from the Comp (increased suspension, dropper post and better components). What kind of trails do you ride? We're in S. Cal near the Santa Monica Mountains. Very rocky and technical in spots. Do you ever wish you had better suspension? I can't decide if the comp (or even the 2018) is worth the extra $$. Thanks!

I am really happy with my Levo but my riding is not nearly as technical as what you would be doing. I am retired and only dabble around on easier trails mostly roots and smaller rocks and fallen trees. If I were younger and doing more technical riding, I would probably opt for a 2018 higher end model. The only steep rocky technical riding you will find me doing these days will be on my ATV or UTV.:)

I have a 2018 Carbon Comp Levo, and when I purchased it they had the discounted women's models on the floor. If you ride rocky technical MTB trails I would go with the 2018. The 2018 is so much smoother than the 17. Power on the 17 never felt as nice as the 18 motor. Components are a big deal on the electric bike because they take a beating. Also if you are riding technical rocks you will need a dropper so right there is $300 you would have to put in the 17. Also check the front fork, the Carbon comes with the new Revelation (Pike) and it is great. I put on some light weight carbon wheels and Schwalbe Nobby Nic/Rocket Rons and my Levo weighs 45 lbs ready to ride. Love the bike and it does amazing on the rocks! Have fun

The main reason for the 18 over the 17 is the handlebar control. The handlebar controller is worth every penny to upgrade to the 18.

Back