Trek Domane +HP 2021

I think my Domane comes in at around 35 lbs and I believed the carbon version of the Creo's are just under 30 for the normal non s works bike. The Bosch motor that is on the Domane HP has very good power. Can you test ride a Domane HP? I believe the Domane LT will feel the same as the Creo to you.
Difficult in this virus era to get a Trek to test. I did try the Creo and it's not powerful enough to get my 73 year old legs up my hills.

Difficult in this virus era to get a Trek to test. I did try the Creo and it's not powerful enough to get my 73 year old legs up my hills.
The Trek Domane+ HP has enough power. I would worry about too much power and being dangerous for someone older rather than not enough ... but you can set the power level reasonably and control your speed and keep things safe. If you have a shop order one in if it is available in your size, or you hunt for a shop and travel to try it, make sure you study what size you need. They use custom seat posts, and the isoflex frame limits the insertion which in turn limits the adjustability and creates the need for regular vs long seatposts. If you are between sizes, you can use the long seatpost with the smaller frames, but there is a limit to how far you can insert the regular seatpost. If you are short, you are out of luck as 52cm is the smallest they make in the model so anyone 5 feet or less probably won't fit.

The Trek Domane+ HP has enough power. I would worry about too much power and being dangerous for someone older rather than not enough ... but you can set the power level reasonably and control your speed and keep things safe. If you have a shop order one in if it is available in your size, or you hunt for a shop and travel to try it, make sure you study what size you need. They use custom seat posts, and the isoflex frame limits the insertion which in turn limits the adjustability and creates the need for regular vs long seatposts. If you are between sizes, you can use the long seatpost with the smaller frames, but there is a limit to how far you can insert the regular seatpost. If you are short, you are out of luck as 52cm is the smallest they make in the model so anyone 5 feet or less probably won't fit.
Too much power doesn't bother me as I ride 4000 miles a year but need something to het me up the hills. I hope to try one but am not a fan of the custom seat post design.

I wish I could find more information on how to do this.
The video on their web sight is pretty good at showing how to do adjust the slider etc. Then you will have to play with it to get it correct for you. It took me a few times to get it where I wanted it. Actually it is easy once you get the hang of it.

I guess I'm looking for super basic stuff, like which position is most compliant and which is most firm? I also could not find anything on adjusting the front, or if it's even possible.

I guess I'm looking for super basic stuff, like which position is most compliant and which is most firm? I also could not find anything on adjusting the front, or if it's even possible.
So the video on the web sight shows which way to slide to adjust the firmness etc. I actually have no idea how to adjust the front and agree I don't know if it is possible.

Checking out this thread, wanted to share some info how good or great of a e road bike T D +HP is:

That's 7 Creos 4 sale, and if u look for a Domane +HP, there are ZERO 4 sale.

And between Trek and Specialized , Trek was the 1st to have a 28 mph e road bike. The current version is gen. 2 . About a year later the current Creo came out...

Ah...careful everyone. Ebiker01 is here, and if you mention Fazua they will have a meltdown :p

Luckily for me and the connoisseurs on this thread neither Domane +HP or Specialized Creo is using that vastly inferior system.

Anything else 2 add fruit-fly b4 they go out of business ??

I rode the Domane Fazua LT and the Creo before ordering the Domane HP. I really liked the Creo and if the dealer was more local I probably would have went with it. I rode two different Domane LTs and they were not impressive in the least bit. I am very happy with my HP.

After waiting 9 months for it to arrive, I recently got the Bosch Nyon computer put on my Domane+.
A special thanks to my local bike shop who had to pull my first generation Domane+ completely apart to do the retrofit.
(If you own a more recent Domane+ that isn't necessary.)
Although I still have one or two wrinkles to iron out, I'm really happy with it.
You can configure it to display anything you want to see over many different screens.
The more technical screens (which I don't display) give a lot of scientific and engineering information about how the motor is working.
There's a lot of complicated stuff going on under the hood. It really demonstrates that Bosch has done an amazing job.
I'm convinced that the Fazua and Creo motors are much more simplistic, and less "intelligent" systems.

After waiting 9 months for it to arrive, I recently got the Bosch Nyon computer put on my Domane+.
A special thanks to my local bike shop who had to pull my first generation Domane+ completely apart to do the retrofit.
(If you own a more recent Domane+ that isn't necessary.)
Although I still have one or two wrinkles to iron out, I'm really happy with it.
You can configure it to display anything you want to see over many different screens.
The more technical screens (which I don't display) give a lot of scientific and engineering information about how the motor is working.
There's a lot of complicated stuff going on under the hood. It really demonstrates that Bosch has done an amazing job.
I'm convinced that the Fazua and Creo motors are much more simplistic, and less "intelligent" systems.
Now you have me worried. Bosch Nyon is sitting at LBS and waiting to be installed after a weekend big ride. I am hoping they can do it seamlessly and I don't have to worry about it at all. I have a 2019 Domane+ with the Purion head unit. I know they have to "drop the motor" to get it wired, but that's about all I know.

Seems like it cost me some where around $150 to have it installed. It took them several hours I think.
That is pretty expensive, but a) this was the first time the store had done this so I'm sure it was slow for them, b) my dealer is good but overpriced, c) I have ridden about 500 miles with the Nyon, and it has worked perfectly, d) the price of the Nyon + retrofit is upwards around $500, so It's not worth upgrading from a Kiox in my opinion.
Interestingly, the Nyon counted all my previous miles on the bike, so there's no winding back the odometer!

I really like having the Nyon on my Cannondale Topstone Neo Carbon3. For me having custom ride modes, multiple custom screens with deep data and turn by turn directions, all without having to use my phone, makes Nyon worthwhile.

The Cannondale came with a Purion, so I had to have the shop run a new cable down to the motor. It is so much better than the Purion and a big improvement on the Kiox.

I have the older Nyon on my Trek Allant 9.9s. That bike came with the smart phone hub, which I would never have on a bike.

If you just want basic controls and don't care about complete ride data, customizing ride modes and a good record of your rides, don't bother with the Nyon.

I really like having the Nyon on my Cannondale Topstone Neo Carbon3. For me having custom ride modes, multiple custom screens with deep data and turn by turn directions, all without having to use my phone, makes Nyon worthwhile.

The Cannondale came with a Purion, so I had to have the shop run a new cable down to the motor. It is so much better than the Purion and a big improvement on the Kiox.

I have the older Nyon on my Trek Allant 9.9s. That bike came with the smart phone hub, which I would never have on a bike.

If you just want basic controls and don't care about complete ride data, customizing ride modes and a good record of your rides, don't bother with the Nyon.
Except for the custom mode, what do you like it over the Kiox?

Actually I like the Kiox now with the Bosch app on my Iphone. Keeping track of how much I ride per month, my cadence and my mph of course really keeps me motivated.

Back