Trek Domane +HP 2021

I bought a heart monitor that communicates to the Kiox and I can always keep myself in a good target range. The bikes are discontinued so they are hard to obtain. Glad I bought mine last year.

Did you have any trouble finding the bike to purchase? With covid, wars and price gouging on almost anything you want to buy, It's hard to find them. Which city do you live in? My bike is in for its 2500 mile tune right now.
I actually wasn't ACTIVELY looking. I was in my local bike shop in Las Vegas, which has recently been turned into a Trek store. I mentioned I was interested, they looked all around the country at other Trek stores online and found like TWO; (one in Dallas/Fort Worth and one in like Tennessee I think). The store manager, who also manages a couple of Trek stores in California I guess, was told I was interested in one and a few days later he brought one over from one of the California stores that was on display for a while. My local store knows I'm prone to impulsive purchases and I'm sure that precipitated bringing the bike from the other CA store.

I bought a heart monitor that communicates to the Kiox and I can always keep myself in a good target range. The bikes are discontinued so they are hard to obtain. Glad I bought mine last year.
I think my local shop also told me Trek wasn't making these any more. Not sure if that's a temporary thing or what. Glad I got mine, it sounds like I was fortunate to stumble into it how I did.

I think my local shop also told me Trek wasn't making these any more. Not sure if that's a temporary thing or what. Glad I got mine, it sounds like I was fortunate to stumble into it how I did.
I think there is a new HP bike coming from Trek. I don't know much other than that.

I actually wasn't ACTIVELY looking. I was in my local bike shop in Las Vegas, which has recently been turned into a Trek store. I mentioned I was interested, they looked all around the country at other Trek stores online and found like TWO; (one in Dallas/Fort Worth and one in like Tennessee I think). The store manager, who also manages a couple of Trek stores in California I guess, was told I was interested in one and a few days later he brought one over from one of the California stores that was on display for a while. My local store knows I'm prone to impulsive purchases and I'm sure that precipitated bringing the bike from the other CA store.
I bought my Domane+ from the Henderson trek store (McGhies back then) about 3 years ago. I guess I'll see you on the Tour De Summerlin next month. You won't be hard to miss, you'll be at the front! ;);)

Just discovered Trek no longer offering the +HP. 2021 owner and was interested in the 2022 price. 2 weeks from a year of ownership. About 1900 miles. My rides are generally between 70-30 and 60-40 me-motor. 20-45 miles. Don't use on the flats unless there's a big headwind or I'm chasing down someone who tried to run me off the road(a lot more of that lately). The motor is a tool to ease back pain on climbs(L5-S1 spine problem). I'll occasionally haul the beast up some climbs sans motor so I'm in decent shape at 60 except for the back pain. Motor allows me to ride places I'd not attempt because of steep climbs. Will be interesting to see what Trek comes up with, assuming class 3 road bikes are something they see a market for and not a total niche.

Wow amazed that they are not offering the HP+, i’m going to guess that they are going to change the frame and to allow a double chain ring. They may even offer a smaller battery to improve the weight, perhaps similar to the Creo or perhaps there is a new Bosch pedal assist unit on the way that is lighter. I don’t work for trek, but they do tend to electrify almost all their models. Other major brands also have electrified road bikes, so I’m confident they will just introduce a new model, but it’s performance won’t be drastically different from what we already own.

I have a little under 10,000 miles on my bike but I bought a Cervelo Caledonia as well and I tend to ride the Cervelo mostly now. It’s a really fun riding bike, plus my average speed on rides 35 miles or longer with 2k-3k of climbing actually turns out to be about the same. The Cervelo has a different gearing ratio so it tends to be faster on the downhill.

I’m using the Trek for recovery days mostly. I still love the trek btw and glad I have it. I know trek has a new Regular domaine on the way. I also intend to use the HP+ for commuting when I switch jobs to a closer location.

Upgrade the Kiox to the Nyon if you are going long distance and new area! The GPS function can't be beat if you do not get phone reception in some areas! I am also having the Bontrager Aeolus 3v wheels put on! Where did you buy the item to hook your trailer up??? How does it handle with your bike? Have a old burley trailer I would like to convert for bike packing. Can you share the link?
I don't mind the Kiox. It has had some favorable upgrades recently and I am happy with that in conjunction with the Ride With GPS app I use for tracking rides. I bought my thru-axle extension from The Robert Axle Project. It was an easy swap in my pup and trailer ride with me most rides. It's very stable.

Attachments

• 12mm through axel ext.jpg
    12mm through axel ext.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 153
  • 2019-Thru-Axle-Fit-Guide-SQ-900x900.jpg
    2019-Thru-Axle-Fit-Guide-SQ-900x900.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 20200731_171244.jpg
    20200731_171244.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 20211031_075718_2.jpg
    20211031_075718_2.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 148
Wow amazed that they are not offering the HP+, i’m going to guess that they are going to change the frame and to allow a double chain ring. They may even offer a smaller battery to improve the weight, perhaps similar to the Creo or perhaps there is a new Bosch pedal assist unit on the way that is lighter. I don’t work for trek, but they do tend to electrify almost all their models. Other major brands also have electrified road bikes, so I’m confident they will just introduce a new model, but it’s performance won’t be drastically different from what we already own.

I have a little under 10,000 miles on my bike but I bought a Cervelo Caledonia as well and I tend to ride the Cervelo mostly now. It’s a really fun riding bike, plus my average speed on rides 35 miles or longer with 2k-3k of climbing actually turns out to be about the same. The Cervelo has a different gearing ratio so it tends to be faster on the downhill.

I’m using the Trek for recovery days mostly. I still love the trek btw and glad I have it. I know trek has a new Regular domaine on the way. I also intend to use the HP+ for commuting when I switch jobs to a closer location.
The HP+ is still on their web site -- in "Barney Purple" only though. 😶

Just discovered Trek no longer offering the +HP. 2021 owner and was interested in the 2022 price. 2 weeks from a year of ownership. About 1900 miles. My rides are generally between 70-30 and 60-40 me-motor. 20-45 miles. Don't use on the flats unless there's a big headwind or I'm chasing down someone who tried to run me off the road(a lot more of that lately). The motor is a tool to ease back pain on climbs(L5-S1 spine problem). I'll occasionally haul the beast up some climbs sans motor so I'm in decent shape at 60 except for the back pain. Motor allows me to ride places I'd not attempt because of steep climbs. Will be interesting to see what Trek comes up with, assuming class 3 road bikes are something they see a market for and not a total niche.
The HP+ is still on their web site -- in "Barney Purple" only though. 😶

I seriously doubt anyone gets 100 miles on the Domane+ unless they are mostly going downhill and they turn off their motor almost haf the time! This is still almost a 40 pound bike with a motor that offers the smallest mile range
I never have difficulty with battery life on this bike. I use gears and motor judiciously and can get 100+ miles easy on a battery. I find that it's very capable.

I never have difficulty with battery life on this bike. I use gears and motor judiciously and can get 100+ miles easy on a battery. I find that it's very capable.
The key for me in extending battery life(besides turning off the motor on flats) is keeping a higher cadence in ECO mode. 90 is my aim. Regarding the Trek website, when I try to get to +HP, I end up on a dead link. I'd have bought a purple bike if it didn't come with a premium price.

The key for me in extending battery life(besides turning off the motor on flats) is keeping a higher cadence in ECO mode. 90 is my aim. Regarding the Trek website, when I try to get to +HP, I end up on a dead link. I'd have bought a purple bike if it didn't come with a premium price.

By golly it does say "Archived" - too bad. I think it was the smartest e-road bike they built. Not a big fan of the Fazua motor. It seemed like there were a lot more cons than pros. I wonder why they abandoned the Bosch?!

By golly it does say "Archived" - too bad. I think it was the smartest e-road bike they built. Not a big fan of the Fazua motor. It seemed like there were a lot more cons than pros. I wonder why they abandoned the Bosch?!
Last year they offered the class 1 (20mph max assisted speed) Domane + LT with Fazua motor speced at 55 Nm of torque and a 255 watt battery for the more fit or those wanting to hide the fact they were riding an ebike (thinner downtube). They also offered the HP with the class 3 (28mph max assist) Bosch speed motor with 85Nm of torque and a 500 watt motor. For me, an e-road bike that quits helping at 20 mph makes little sense, basically offering half the help getting up hills or pushing into headwinds.

I am scratching my head as to why Trek quit making the excellent Domane + HP. It was the runner up bike when I ended up buying the Cannondale Topstone Neo Carbon 3 with the same motor and battery as the HP, weighed about the same but lacked the front fork and rear kingpin suspensions of the Cannondale. My thoughts were that I could turn off the assist or run the bike at Eco if I did not want all that power but it would be there when needed or desired as opposed to half the battery and significantly less max. torque. The LT just lacked the extra oomph, the greater range and the higher speed assist of the HP or Cannondale.

Last year they offered the class 1 (20mph max assisted speed) Domane + LT with Fazua motor speced at 55 Nm of torque and a 255 watt battery for the more fit or those wanting to hide the fact they were riding an ebike (thinner downtube). They also offered the HP with the class 3 (28mph max assist) Bosch speed motor with 85Nm of torque and a 500 watt motor. For me, an e-road bike that quits helping at 20 mph makes little sense, basically offering half the help getting up hills or pushing into headwinds.

I am scratching my head as to why Trek quit making the excellent Domane + HP. It was the runner up bike when I ended up buying the Cannondale Topstone Neo Carbon 3 with the same motor and battery as the HP, weighed about the same but lacked the front fork and rear kingpin suspensions of the Cannondale. My thoughts were that I could turn off the assist or run the bike at Eco if I did not want all that power but it would be there when needed or desired as opposed to half the battery and significantly less max. torque. The LT just lacked the extra oomph, the greater range and the higher speed assist of the HP or Cannondale.
Agree.

I was initially interested in the LT but more of a wish than a plan to actually buy. Test rode the Creo but I didn't like the handling. Then last Memorial Day weekend, I spotted an HP in the bike shop. Took a test ride and immediately felt at home. No doubt because my bike was a Domane SL5 and previous bike was a Pilot (another Trek relaxed geometry frame). $7k for a bike? Nah. Well. Hmm. That's a lot of power. Well, if you're going to buy an ebike, why not go for the gusto. Not like you have to use the motor in fast mode. Why not? You can't take it with you. Ok, me. You win. Then I went through a period of feeling embarrassed because I had an ebike. Then I had so much fun, I didn't care.

I was initially interested in the LT but more of a wish than a plan to actually buy. Test rode the Creo but I didn't like the handling. Then last Memorial Day weekend, I spotted an HP in the bike shop. Took a test ride and immediately felt at home. No doubt because my bike was a Domane SL5 and previous bike was a Pilot (another Trek relaxed geometry frame). $7k for a bike? Nah. Well. Hmm. That's a lot of power. Well, if you're going to buy an ebike, why not go for the gusto. Not like you have to use the motor in fast mode. Why not? You can't take it with you. Ok, me. You win. Then I went through a period of feeling embarrassed because I had an ebike. Then I had so much fun, I didn't care.
Nice job getting over ebike shame. It is supposed to be fun. Always best to get the bike that puts the biggest smile on your face, regardless of what others may think.

Back