Trek adopts MIK (Basil) rack system

former great

I have a 2019 Nevo which came with the MIK rack system. After a month or so, my dealer was able to get me a nice Basil basket for it. Click off, go shopping, click on, ride home. Eventually I decided to search for a trunk bag as well. A little browsing surprisingly led me to Trek Bicycles where I discovered that Trek has recently adopted the MIK system and is selling racks and accessories. I rode down to my local Trek dealer and asked them about it. Amazingly, they had MIK mount Bontrager trunk bag hanging on their display rack!

I just got my 2019 Nevo GH a couple of days ago. My rear rack is a Racktime. I wonder why yours came with MIK and mine came with Racktime? My frame size is 43 which could be the difference.

I just got my 2019 Nevo GH a couple of days ago. My rear rack is a Racktime. I wonder why yours came with MIK and mine came with Racktime? My frame size is 43 which could be the difference.
Mine is also a GH. I bought it six months ago, so maybe they are going back to Racktime. More likely it is the the frame size as you guessed, since the 43 has smaller wheels.

Yesterday I ordered that bag from Aliexpress for my wife's Electra Loft before I even read this thread. She was looking at the Trek dealer where we bought the bike but no way were we paying what they wanted for the Bontrager bag. Now we'll see when it arrives off the "slow boat from China".

Back