Transmission shifting problems

EdC

I have a New, 3weeks old, Gazelle c380hmb. When I need to go all the way into my highest gear, I often find that the shifter jams just short of the highest setting. To unjam it, I stop peddling, back of the gear shifter, then go all the way to the highest gear range. This sometimes also happens when downshifting to the lowest gear. The mechanic at the bike shop, I bought the bike at, says this is normal. Is he correct. I’m also having trouble getting the battery to lock in place. I have to press down quite hard. I eventually get it all the way in, but I never hear a click. Is this normal? Ed

Yes you cannot rotate the Enviolo shifter all the way in one direction in one go, as you say you back off to release it to complete a full shift, that’s how it works on the enviolo CVT I have on my bike

Last edited:
Yes you cannot rotate the Enviolo shifter all the way in one direction in one go, as you say you back off to release it to complete a full shift, that’s how it works on the enviolo CVT I have on my bike
Thanks. Ed

I have a New, 3weeks old, Gazelle c380hmb. When I need to go all the way into my highest gear, I often find that the shifter jams just short of the highest setting. To unjam it, I stop peddling, back of the gear shifter, then go all the way to the highest gear range. This sometimes also happens when downshifting to the lowest gear. The mechanic at the bike shop, I bought the bike at, says this is normal. Is he correct. I’m also having trouble getting the battery to lock in place. I have to press down quite hard. I eventually get it all the way in, but I never hear a click. Is this normal? Ed
I also found the extremes at both ends were easier to reach after a few miles of use; don't recall how many, but less than 100. My wife's and my C380 feel different in the battery install. I think there is an adjustment somewhere (on the base??); doesn't bother me enough to figure it out.

Back