Townie Go 8i on order

Islandrog

After six months of searching and hanging out on numerous ebike forums today we placed our order for two new step-thrus. We wanted a cruiser step-thru so was considering Motiv, E-Lux, Surface604, Juiced, Rad and probably a few others I have forgotten about. I looked at hours of Cort's reviews and any others I could find. For whatever reason the Townie was overlooked even though it was a top choice in the Cruiser category. I am a bit surprised how little activity there is here as well as on Facebook. The FB RAD owners group has over 4k followers. I really thought we would get the new RAD but after seeing the Townie with the mid drive Bosch/Shimano drive train we made our decision. Really looking forward to our new bikes!

Congrats! I got a black step-thru a few months back and really love it. Got some Dutch flowery panniers and am considering a different handlebar that sweeps back more. When comparing the features I wanted (internal hub, mid motor, Bosch, commonly available battery, lights, etc) the Townie Go! couldn’t be beat.

We picked up our new bikes last Friday. Big smiles all around. So far just a couple of 6 mile rides. Wondering if anyone has tested max distance on a charge? Lots of variables, but weight and description of terrain would suffice.

There are some changes. You can go to the Electra website and see them. They have two versions of the Townie go now. The lower price one has a derailleur instead of the 8 speed internal hub, and does not have fenders. I think it may also have the Puritan display. The big upgrade is that both versions now have disc brakes. We still have our Townie Go step through and love it, and I usually ride the Townie Commute go that has the hydraulic disc breaks and a less relaxed riding position.

There are some changes. You can go to the Electra website and see them. They have two versions of the Townie go now. The lower price one has a derailleur instead of the 8 speed internal hub, and does not have fenders. I think it may also have the Puritan display. The big upgrade is that both versions now have disc brakes. We still have our Townie Go step through and love it, and I usually ride the Townie Commute go that has the hydraulic disc breaks and a less relaxed riding position.

Good info, thanks. I'll visit the website.

My wife and I just picked up a couple of townie go 8 with the derailleur, no fenders, mech. disc brakes, cheaper controller. etc. We demo's a couple of the other electras but after testing this one we were all smiles and also after doing tons of research, reading reviews etc we bought them from REI and got 20% off. We have been on a few rides now from 10-18 miles and are all smiles. We got the step thru model and I really like the shorter wheelbase. Without the internal gearing these bikes are within weight limits for my trailer hitch bike rack (50 lbs per bike). They weigh in at 49 lbs with the battery. This was another big reason for going with these bikes, plus the warranty is one of the best, backed by well known companies, they assemble them.

You will love those bikes. We have the Townie go and the commute go. Great bikes. What colors did you get?

Sorry for the late response. I got the satin brass and she got what she calls the mermaid blue, it is a multi color with white seat and grips. We are having a blast.

I'm interested in this bike. I do own two Townie 21d. I like the Bullhorn handlebars from Townie. Swept back very comfortable ride. I've also had the Electra Cafebars also not a bad choice. Enclosed are the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_20190515_155955312.jpg
    IMG_20190515_155955312.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 856
  • IMG_20190718_075047355.jpg
    IMG_20190718_075047355.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 876
Has anyone on this forum bought the 2020 Townie Go 8i? I am ordering one and looking forward to hearing how they hold up after owning one for awhile. It is very hard to find reviews by owners online. These seem like really nice electric bikes and I can't imagine why there are so few owner reviews.

I have a Townie Go 8I and also the Townie Commute Go. You will really enjoy the comfort, reliability and performance of the Townie Go. There are plenty of them in Southwest Florida

My townie go 8i step thru was delivered today....I chose the black one. My panniers from previous bike will not fit the rack that comes with the Go 8i. Can anyone recommend a set of panniers that will fit this bike rack?

Back