Top tube bag for Como Step-Thru?

Mr. Breeze

Been looking for a top-tube bag that will work with the deeply angled top tube on my wife's Specialized Como Step Through. I've got a RockBrothers for my Vado that works great, but the issue with the step-thru is the connection to the stem with the steep angle of the top tube - the strap needs to be at the base of the bag whereas most bags the front loop is higher up and doesn't work with a short stem. She doesn't want anything too large or too small - needs to carry a cell phone and/or small items.
Any suggestions?

Been looking for a top-tube bag that will work with the deeply angled top tube on my wife's Specialized Como Step Through. I've got a RockBrothers for my Vado that works great, but the issue with the step-thru is the connection to the stem with the steep angle of the top tube - the strap needs to be at the base of the bag whereas most bags the front loop is higher up and doesn't work with a short stem. She doesn't want anything too large or too small - needs to carry a cell phone and/or small items.
Any suggestions?
This site has a review of 50 popular top tube bags;

There are several that may meet your needs such as the

Revelate Jerrycan​

Apidura Backcountry Rear Top Tube Pack​

My wife and I use handlebar mounted 'feedbags' for snacks, water bottle, phone, etc.

blackburn-outpost-carryall-handlebar-bag-.jpg

My wife rides a step-thru Vado. She prefers her water bottle in a feedbag.

The bike bag designers and suppliers have fallen behind on the need for good bags that fit step-through bikes. My wife uses a feed bag similar to the one shown above.

IDK if they have stock yet, but Specialized makes a side entry water bottle cage that fits between the dual down tubes on the step thru Comos - mounts on the boss on the battery. It could hold a phone or maybe a foldy lock at most, but it might help.

IDK if they have stock yet, but Specialized makes a side entry water bottle cage that fits between the dual down tubes on the step thru Comos - mounts on the boss on the battery. It could hold a phone or maybe a foldy lock at most, but it might help.
We use side entry cages on both our Vados; makes it easier to get the bottle out regardless of frame configuration.

I’ve tried a lot of bags and nothing compares to this ROCKBROS Top Tube Bike Bag. This tube bag is spacious enough to store all my essentials. It holds my phone, keys, ID, cash,.... It is 22 cm long and only weighs 90 grams, which is just the right size for me. With the bag’s slim body design, the tube bag does not rub on my knees. It can store several belongings without being bulky. Besides that, the bag guarantees ease of access thanks to the smooth zipper that I can close and open using one hand. In addition, The fabric used for this bag also effectively resists wear and abrasion.
Oh, it's a TOP top tube bag. Enough room to straddle off the saddle?

Back