Shock absorbing seat post/handlebar stem also storage bag for Tero 3 Step through

Shooter88

Region
USA
I just bought a Tero 3 step through, (5'& with 30" inseam). Sooner or later I may be shopping for a shock absorbing seat post and handlebar riser/stem of some sort. Also, on the Tero 3 step through where the top tube of the frame attaches to the seat post frame tube, there is a somewhat "V" shaped area I'd like to mount a small storage bag of sorts to.
If anyone has some recommendations for vendors who sells item like this I'd appreciate being steered in the right direction. I've done some googling but have found out the choices are quite broad and I thought I'd cut my search time down.

Thanks all.

Attachments

• download 1.jpg
    download 1.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 86
I'm using the Redshift Shockstop seatpost and love it. Prior to adding it, my butt would be done after a 3 hours. Now either my legs or my battery give out before my butt does. :)

Canecreek's Thudbusters and Kinekt are also highly rated, but I opted for Redshift because the exposed part of the mechanism occupies less of the post height, so it gives more clearance for seatpost attachements.

This thread has a lot of info,

To boil it down, a number of people report that Kinekt and Redshift are very similar performance-wise.

Redshift wins being a little less expensive, and lighter, especially if you don't need the second spring (it's even lighter for the Pro carbon model). It also doesn't visually stand out nearly as much as the Kinekt with it's big ol parallelogram and spring.

Kinekt wins on adjustability as preload adjustment can be done without removing the seatpost, and for people that like to adjust the preload for riding conditions, this might be the way to go. Redshift has a dial on the bottom, requiring full removal.

I also have the Redshift suspension stem but ride a rigid fork.

Not sure how it will perform with a suspension fork like on the Tero.

but I opted for Redshift because the exposed part of the mechanism occupies less of the post height, so it gives more clearance for seatpost attachements.
This is precisely why I went with the Redshift, too.

I went with the Redshift stem on my bike and the Kinekt on my wife's bike. I did a comparison post on them here: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...-redshift-30-shockstop-suspension-stem.51221/

I would like to sell the Kinekt go with the Redshift stem on my wife's bike because it puts her handlebars too high to fit inside our pickup canopy. Other than that, it is a great stem.

This is precisely why I went with the Redshift, too.

I went with the Redshift stem on my bike and the Kinekt on my wife's bike. I did a comparison post on them here: https://electricbikereview.com/foru...-redshift-30-shockstop-suspension-stem.51221/

I would like to sell the Kinekt go with the Redshift stem on my wife's bike because it puts her handlebars too high to fit inside our pickup canopy. Other than that, it is a great stem.
Oh, I was referring to the seat post about the exposed height, but I can definitely see the same with the stem.

Oh, I was referring to the seat post about the exposed height, but I can definitely see the same with the stem.
Yes, that was obvious in your post. I responded to that with the one liner and decided to add my experience about the stems.

I bought a Tero 3.0 and put about 1100 miles on it so far but was not happy with the harshness over bumps. I looked at both the Kinekt and the Redshift and chose the latter because I needed to minimize any additional seat post height. I installed it yesterday. At 195 lbs I set it up per the instructions with one spring and a preload of 3. It tended to bottom out a little too much on slightly rough trails so I switched to both springs and a preload of 2. It seemed much better but I haven't tried it yet on more challenging trails. I would be curious what other people are using for their setups.

Attachments

• 20231028_113627.jpg
    20231028_113627.jpg
    413.4 KB · Views: 79
Fully clad, I weigh 211 lbs and use a single spring and the preload of 4 for my Redshift ShockStop seat-post.

Interesting topic - will investigate. I had heard of the Thudbuster but winced at the cost. The idea of a shock absorbing stem is something I'd not seen before.

Interesting topic - will investigate. I had heard of the Thudbuster but winced at the cost. The idea of a shock absorbing stem is something I'd not seen before.
I’ve had two Thudbusters, but found the Kinekt to be much better.

DG…

Back