Too thick cable

Kirill

Hi everybody!

I have a problem. I can’t to change cable on my MAC motor. I inserted some wires without the outer braid. It helped for six months. And couple hall's wires was is damaged.
Impossible to insert cable into the axle like this. He's too thick. https://ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicy...g/l1019-f.html

As I understand one way it's to change the axle?

May be have some another way resolve this problem?

Where can I buy another axle?

Thank you for answers.

There are lots of sources of cables. Just not with the juli 9 pin end on them. You can find completely specified cable at newark.com digikey.com or mouser.com. You can use as small as 28 ga for the hall effect wires including red & black, but the red green blue phase wires need to be 16 ga or larger. I managed to find white rectangular hall effect connectors on ebay, but he is not selling them today. The phase wires can be terminated with crimp terminals, .157" bullet for those controllers or ring terminals for the controllers with screw blocks. Use dorman 3M TE connectivity or panduit crimp terminals, the ****ese ones melt out @ 30 amps. Use a klein ideal or bulldog crimp tool. Pull test after crimping. Blue ferrule terminals are for 16-14 ga wire.
Parts for macs aren't available. There was a used mac10t with a twisted off cable on ebay, he wanted $110 + $40 freight. I passed. You want to sell your mac for the bad clutch in my Mac-12t? Start a private conversation to me with contact details. Don't post phone # or email in this thread. I replaced my mac with a bafang from batteryclearinghouse.com for $61 but it is wimpy. They still have $45 used rear wheel bafang motors.

Last edited:
Yes, I’ve already come to terms with the fact that something may not be perfect. And I'm ready to solder cables. But I'm not ready to give up the detachable connection. It is too convenient to disconnect the connection and remove the wheel for a tire change, for example.
I think the only option is to remove the upper braid of the cable and put on the heat shrink tubing.
Thanks for links.

Back