The +$300 19.2 AH 48V Battery Has Been Replaced by the +$600 19.2 AH 52V Battery for CCS, RCS

Asher

The price doesn't seem commensurate with the actual cost, and presumably does not include the GPS or the Satiator (advanced battery charger).

48V: $0.98 per watt hour
52V: $1.21 per watt hour, +23%

When I saw the Scrambler being 52V only, I figured going 52V across the board would happen sometime in 2019, looks like it's happening even earlier. The 12.8 ah will surely go to 52V too, probably before 2019 hits.

Until someone besides Juiced offers 52V batteries, I guess this premium pricing is unavoidable.

1533240484689.png

Last edited:
As an owner of a 52V battery on a CCS, I can safely say its absolutely worth it. The bike is still a bargain at that price and the 52V system does add increased performance, riding range, and flexibility with charging cycles.

I sprung for the 21 Ah on my CCS. Just the weight off it counts for a lot of rolling inertia once you get moving. I just got an 8.8 Ah as a
backup. The 21 gets twice the distance per volt, but the nice thing about the 8.8 is that it charges twice as fast. It makes for wider
options if you're trying to travel. I freaked when it looked like my chargers wouldn't work for the 8.8., but luckily I can disconnect the
4 prong connector on the one charger.

The price doesn't seem commensurate with the actual cost, and presumably does not include the GPS or the Satiator (advanced battery charger).

48V: $0.98 per watt hour
52V: $1.21 per watt hour, +23%

When I saw the Scrambler being 52V only, I figured going 52V across the board would happen sometime in 2019, looks like it's happening even earlier. The 12.8 ah will surely go to 52V too, probably before 2019 hits.

Until someone besides Juiced offers 52V batteries, I guess this premium pricing is unavoidable.

View attachment 24171
I wish a replacement (or second) Yamaha battery for my Haibike were as cheap! A 36V 11Ah Yamaha battery costs $849 on sale. A 36V Yamaha battery costs $2.14 per watt-hour, almost twice as much as Juice's 52V. Compared to others, Juiced is offering a good deal on batteries.

As a newcomer, I'm confused at what battery capacities are truly available from Juiced.

I'm mostly interested in the 2018 model year downtube fitment batteries, but prior year / other model battery size history / compatibility knowledge is good ...

I see mention made in various places 8.8 12.8 13 17.4 19.2 and 21AH at 48 volts as well as 19.2 and 21AH at 52 volts. Juiced' own battery page (https://www.juicedbikes.com/collections/batteries) seems contradictory in places.

In my own case, suffering range anxiety as I do, I paid for the 19.2AH 52 volt battery on a CCS which will maybe, hopefully ship someday ;). It would be that much nicer if it turned out to be 21AH 52 volt, especially for the stiff premium cost.

@ ncrkd: Having the 21 Ah, I think the 19.2 is a good option. The 21 doesn't really offer all that much more performance-wise. My new
8.8 moves me down the road just as fast & strong, just not as far. I rarely use more than 30% of my charge on the 21 anyway.

Last edited:
Thanks John - a question on your 21AH battery, is it 48 or 52 volts (nominal)?

On my current ebike, I use a pair of 13.6AH 52 volt shark packs. On the long hauls I carry both.

You mentioned you have a 4 pin connector to your 21Ah battery. If so that would make it a 48V battery. Juiced standardized their battery connector types for safety. Small format 48V use barrel/pin connector; large format 48V use 4 pin XLR; large format 52V use 3 pin XLR.

I'm mostly interested in the 2018 model year downtube fitment batteries, but prior year / other model battery size history / compatibility knowledge is good ...
So to clarify, Juiced batteries are forward / backward compatible on all bikes (except the discontinued U500 cargo bike).
If it is a downtube battery from Juiced, it'll fit your bike.

Juiced has been upgrading and changing the battery configurations for the last year.
The 52V options are becoming much more prevalent, prior to the release of the RCS earlier this year; 48V batteries were the only option. IIRC the CCS had a 12.8Ah, 17.4Ah, and 21Ah 48V options only until about a month after the RCS launched; after that, the 48V 17.4 and 48V 21Ah batteries were no longer available, and replaced by 48V 19.2Ah and 52V 21Ah options from the RCS.
Now we see the new options as well.

You mentioned you have a 4 pin connector to your 21Ah battery. If so that would make it a 48V battery. Juiced standardized their battery connector types for safety. Small format 48V use barrel/pin connector; large format 48V use 4 pin XLR; large format 52V use 3 pin XLR.

So to clarify, Juiced batteries are forward / backward compatible on all bikes (except the discontinued U500 cargo bike).
If it is a downtube battery from Juiced, it'll fit your bike.

Juiced has been upgrading and changing the battery configurations for the last year.
The 52V options are becoming much more prevalent, prior to the release of the RCS earlier this year; 48V batteries were the only option. IIRC the CCS had a 12.8Ah, 17.4Ah, and 21Ah 48V options only until about a month after the RCS launched; after that, the 48V 17.4 and 48V 21Ah batteries were no longer available, and replaced by 48V 19.2Ah and 52V 21Ah options from the RCS.
Now we see the new options as well.
Thanks Chris for the info!

Back