4th Gen CCS will be available with 52V battery

Alright, I had an online chat with Juiced today. It sounds like they have some 52V batteries in and are just getting the GPS setup done. I am hoping to get a shipping notice soon. ;) I am getting ready to order a second charger for the 52V battery to keep at work. Does anyone have experience with "Ebike Market place"? Here's a link to the charger: https://ebikemarketplace.com/produc...MIppDgssWA2gIVFODICh0sNQKBEAQYASABEgJtwfD_BwE
Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Chris, that charger has a 3-pin connector. My 17.4 Ah battery has a 4-pin connector. FYI.

I exchanged emails with Juiced this week to ask about buying one of the 52 volt batteries. They said that their first batch is dedicated to bikes that have been sold. After that they will have some to sell as accessories. I'm totally down with that. They should take care of people who are buying bikes first. I'm pretty happy with the 17.4 and will get along fine. I just want the most performance possible. (My commute may be changing from 14 miles round trip to 60. I can do it with my battery by keeping the speed down and using Eco or 1. With the 52 volt battery, there's more freedom to ride faster with higher assist levels.)

Bruce, thanks for the info. I thought the big batteries used 3 pin XLR type connectors and only the + and - poles are actually attached. Thanks to your post I looked it up and apparently there are both 3 and 4 pin XLR type connectors. Thanks for the heads up. Does anyone know how the battery is connected to the 4 pins, and is there a secondary charger available? I'm not interested in paying another $300 for a second Grin Satiator. I would think that worst case I could make an adapter for a 3 to 4 pin?

The 4-pin XLR has two pins soldered to each wire. I forget which is which but the 4-pin XLR plug on the end of the charger unscrews easily to determine this. If you buy a Luna charger for example, it'll have an XT60 plug coming out of its charger. You'd need to make an XT60 to 4-pin XLR adapter.

However, I tried to do this recently and failed miserably. I suck at soldering and have a crappy soldering iron. But there's an easier solution... See if you can get Juiced to give/sell you a second 5.5mm-to-4-pin XLR adapter (this is what they actually ship with their stock chargers - not sure what they ship with the Satiator chargers). Reason I say that is that it's easy to get for instance an XT60-to-5.5mm adapter from Luna. Then you don't have to make anything - just go from the Luna XT60 to 5.5mm barrel using their adapter, and then from the 5.5mm adapter to the 4-pin XLR with the Juiced adapter. This is working great for me with my Luna charger.

The wildcard here is if you can get a second adapter from Juiced. I didn't need it because I only charge at home. They're listed as sold out on the website.

Last edited:
Just found the pinout document on Juiced's website. I've attached it. Looks like the middle pins aren't actually used. That would make the soldering job easier if you choose to make your own.

Attachments

• 4+Pin+XLR+pin+out+Charger+Cable.pdf
    173.8 KB · Views: 608
Just found the pinout document on Juiced's website. I've attached it. Looks like the middle pins aren't actually used. That would make the soldering job easier if you choose to make your own.
Fran wher did you find this document for the 4 pin? I need to find one for the 3 pin. I am obviously going to have to make a connector for the 3 pin XLR for a secondary charger. Right now I am thinking I will get the Luna Cycle 52V mini charger. It has a dial that allows charging to 80%, 90%, or 100%, and uses a 2.5 A charge rate. It costs a bit more than a simple 52V charger, but with the ability to set it to 80% and forget it, seems worth while. I will have to make an XT60 female to XLR male connector. I just want to make sure I connect positive and negative to the correct sides. Here's a link to the Luna charger, if anyone has any feedback regarding this I'd appreciate it. Thanks. https://lunacycle.com/52v-3amp-luna-mini-charger/

Nice idea but I've read high return rates. You can also use a multimeter and a timer to get to the same results.

Back