taco bell drive thru /not a bike under florida law/class action lawsuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the hell would they know a bicycle is a disabled vehicle? because you had a sticker on the bike? who would notice such a thing? who would even know what it even meant?
I told them....I have one eye and thats half blind ,, doing things for me is not easy...including these forums... no excuse for their discrimination..why would they want to refuse my money ???should be the real question..

Is it actually considered a motor vehicle? I don't think just because it has a motor classifies it as a motor vehicle. A typical motor vehicle requires a license plate, brake lights, turn signals....etc.
You are correct, it takes more than slapping a tiny electric motor on a bike for it to be a motor vehicle.
was the rule to discriminate against handihapped vehicles is & was my question all along ?
No, it's a safety rule to prevent accidents and injuries in the drive-thru. They provide plenty of accommodations for you - handicapped parking spots, numerous apps where you can get the food delivered straight to your house, etc. You would have been refused whether your bike had a motor or not, handicapped sticker or not.

I'm pretty sure it is not discrimination, but rather a safety issue.
not very safe for me to walk anywhere...so there is that.... wide roads and no curbs are best for me.not doors and wet floors ...so safety is relative ...to ones condition,, if The cut off is a motor?is it not? I have a motor...if the cut off is not ...then all motorized cycles should be included in that policy..

They aren't trying to discriminate against you, they are trying to keep you from being killed
thats not their job..there job is to sell food ...unbiased food...to all equally..
a handicapped person should not be denied service due to bad policy.
my safety will not make their stock prices go up..and I'm legal on the road...ask DOT,,,
I'm a motor vehicle....no longer a bicycle..

You are correct, it takes more than slapping a tiny electric motor on a bike for it to be a motor vehicle.

No, it's a safety rule to prevent accidents and injuries in the drive-thru. They provide plenty of accommodations for you - handicapped parking spots, numerous apps where you can get the food delivered straight to your house, etc. You would have been refused whether your bike had a motor or not, handicapped sticker or not.

you guy's hate that a motor makes it a motor vehicle under FL law,,a plate is not a requirement .I spent more than a few hours looking over the statues when I was looking at a gas bike.....as such they are regulated under FL Title XXIII MOTOR VEHICLES .

Last comment ... even if you were legally right, you will get run over by some qtip in a truck or SUV. Don't do it.

thats not their job..there job is to sell food ...unbiased food...to all equally..
a handicapped person should not be denied service due to bad policy.
my safety will not make their stock prices go up..and I'm legal on the road...ask DOT,,,
I'm a motor vehicle....no longer a bicycle..
Unless your bike has a VIN, license plate, and approved lighting, I can pretty much guarantee the DOT does not consider your electric powered bicycle a motor vehicle. Based on your logic of it being a "motor vehicle", your bike is not allowed on pedestrian and bike paths. Do you ride your "motor vehicle" on these paths? You can't have it both ways!

Unless your bike has a VIN, license plate, and approved lighting, I can pretty much guarantee the DOT does not consider your electric powered bicycle a motor vehicle. Based on your logic of it being a "motor vehicle", your bike is not allowed on pedestrian and bike paths. Do you ride your "motor vehicle" on these paths?
if you hadn't noticed the laws are ambiguous to suit the laws need to define it...in order to prosecute you ...
under your claim they will not give me a speeding ticket.. and the answer is no... the motor is disengaged and I am a simple cycle

if you hadn't noticed the laws are ambiguous to suit the laws need to define it...in order to prosecute you ...
under your claim they will not give me a speeding ticket.. and the answer is no... the motor is disengaged and I am a simple cycle

Not true, a bicyclist can most certainly be given a ticket for speeding. Doesn't matter if it has electric assist or not.

I learned a long time ago that life is not always fair. My common sense and stronger than average safety awareness convinces me that bicycles going through a fast food drive through is just not a good idea.

You could have just stayed there and let them call the police. Once an officer shows up, you could see what the officer has to say about the situation. That makes more sense than trying to argue your point with a bunch of strangers on a bicycle forum.

well said... But I was intimidates ..and like one of the forum bullies here was accusing me of being a drunk...(I didn't catch the full implication of that till then)...by the Taco bell employee/manager and didn't want to spend the night arguing the point...I just wanted a couple of hard taco's...
anyway I needed to vent a little...
I will have to see what happens next time i stop by with video rolling and time to spare...

Of all states...Florida forbidding someone their god-given right for cheap tacos.
I did wonder the same thing recently about my local Mickie Dee with, given the pandemic, its doors locked to foot traffic.

An e-bike is not a motor vehicle. You don't require a license plate, insurance nor a driver's license to ride one.

Like I said before,,,the law is intentionally ambiguity..to be used against you as needed, you can argue for against all you want...but .all .motorized bikes are regulated under florida
Title XXIII MOTOR VEHICLES I glanced across them again they have been updated...but the " Intentionally ambiguity." is still there...
as for license plate, insurance nor a driver's license
none of these are prerequisites of a motor vehicle in florida ..we allow golf carts on our streets ..are they not motor vehicles by definition?
license plate, insurance nor a driver's license are required...

LOL...
In this case "Land Of Litigation".

I needed a good belly laugh, and this thread is the solution.
Talk about a first world problem - can't get Tacos on an electric bicycle at a Taco Bell in Florida.

I can get a Popeyes Chicken Sandwich on my ebike in Calgary, but at least one McD's wouldn't serve me.
I've never gone back there on my bike and simply take my custom elsewhere. I don't agree with "their" rules, but it's "their" business.

Class Action Lawsuit - LOL
(the real LOL). Ridiculous...and sorry OOJOE, I'm not trying to making fun of YOU - just your idea of a class action lawsuit.

LOL...
In this case "Land Of Litigation".

I needed a good belly laugh, and this thread is the solution.
Talk about a first world problem - can't get Tacos on an electric bicycle at a Taco Bell in Florida.

I can get a Popeyes Chicken Sandwich on my ebike in Calgary, but at least one McD's wouldn't serve me.
I've never gone back there on my bike and simply take my custom elsewhere. I don't agree with "their" rules, but it's "their" business.

Class Action Lawsuit - LOL
(the real LOL). Ridiculous...and sorry OOJOE, I'm not trying to making fun of YOU - just your idea of a class action lawsuit.
Joe Tampa: YouTube Lawyer

Based on the OPs responses, it is not a far stretch to imagine how this went off the rails at the "bell". What is with all the outrage and need to be proven "right" or need to litigate? Seems more interested in "being right" than just living a happy life.

OP you are in the wrong forum. This forum is full of helpful people having fun. This is one of the WORST threads. Please take your complaints and issues to an ADA forum or somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back