Suspension Seat Posts

SR Suntour seat posts are on sale for the next 2 days on AliExpress
IF they are OEM and not copies. Best to purchase from a known source. Returning to China is all but impossible.

The ability to fit the mechanism with different springs
NCX as well has weight graded springs.

One important factor not mentioned is rider weight.
The

We have never had a warranty return on Kineckt post sales.

Last edited:
Not fair really. Once you get to know the fellow you'll find he has the budget for top tier gear. Buys it and puts lots of miles on the gear he buys. I sometimes disagree, but always find his perspective invaluable.

I always value a real world perspective... I will have to post a review on the Satori. ;)

IF they are OEM and not copies. Best to purchase from a known source. Returning to China is all but impossible.

NCX as well has weight graded springs.

One important factor not mentioned is rider weight.
The

We have never had a warranty return on Kineckt post sales.
bike-discount in Germany has the Suntour at
48.73 € plus shipping

Alaskan, recently I had the opportunity to ride kinekt and let me say the built quality of Satori Animaris is on par with Kinekt.

I will write my detailed impressions later.
I'll look forward to reading your review. 'Twon't bother me a bit to be proven wrong.

I am a bit curious about these suspension seat posts. I have never felt the need for one and never considered getting one.

After riding my Juiced, I have noticed though that hitting bumps at say 40 km/hr. on the Juiced is very different than hitting the same bumps on my Cervelo. Since the electric bike weighs so much more the impact is much harder, despite the tires having a lot more air volume.

Maybe the roads where I live are just better. I would love to know Steve Mercier's opinion since he rides a lot of the same roads I do and he rides huge mileage. At speeds less than 30 km/hr. I have never thought my setup needed a suspension seatpost as comfort hasn't been an issue.

I have had the Kinekt for the past 18 months on my bikes and have had zero issues with it. The ability to fit the mechanism with different springs depending on rider weight as well as setting the pre-load on those springs allow you to really dial in the suspension effect. They are well engineered, designed and constructed. I have not had to rebuild it with a replacement bushing kit as of yet, this after almost 12,000 miles of riding.

The Kinekt is definitely has the highest price tag of the available suspension seat posts out there but also has by far the most enthusiastic reviews both by various members here on this forum as well as on various bike gear review sites. If you can afford it, go for it. You won't have any regrets.

I completely agree with 'Alaskan'...I have two Kinekt seat posts (aluminum) on my bikes with no problems. I 'only' have 5200 miles as compared to Alaskan's 12,000 miles : )
My e-commuter bike , a Trek XM 700+ is extremely stiff for my back, the Kinekt seat post saved the day.

bike-discount in Germany has the Suntour at
48.73 € plus shipping
A favorite source. I order spare springs at the same time. Even with the recent rise in shipping costs, there are good deals and other products not available in the US. Good shop!

A favorite source. I order spare springs at the same time. Even with the recent rise in shipping costs, there are good deals and other products not available in the US. Good shop!
I notice that you not only can get an additional spring or different hardness spring, but the post itself comes in several different diameters....the Amazon Canada seller going by the Suntour name has only the 27.2mm possibly needing shims to fit, and no choice of springs.

Johnny Interested to read your write up, I actually have one of those satori sitting in some extra bike stuff that I haven’t even opened

Bought it to set up on a bike with a 31.6 post for friends to ride only to realize all the suspension seatpost make the bikes too tall for all my friends

I had to buy regular seat posts and extra seats for my short friends to ride

That is the only drawback to all these suspension seat posts and something to keep in mind for anybody on the shorter side reading this thread
The seat increase in height was one of my concerns but luckily I bought a slightly small frame because for sure I didn't want a heavy bike that is too tall.
The other problem that I notice many people have commented on, is the increased setback of the seat and even backward movement as its feature.
That is something I see as a "plus" due to the smallish frame size I chose. I want to have a little more setback and the necessary height clearance puts it right where I have the seatpost raised to now.

I am a bit curious about these suspension seat posts. I have never felt the need for one and never considered getting one.

After riding my Juiced, I have noticed though that hitting bumps at say 40 km/hr. on the Juiced is very different than hitting the same bumps on my Cervelo. Since the electric bike weighs so much more the impact is much harder, despite the tires having a lot more air volume.

Maybe the roads where I live are just better. I would love to know Steve Mercier's opinion since he rides a lot of the same roads I do and he rides huge mileage. At speeds less than 30 km/hr. I have never thought my setup needed a suspension seatpost as comfort hasn't been an issue.
The heavy ebikes really smash down hard, a very noticable difference to me.
No way riding like that isn't going to put wear and tear on the back.

Here is another high-quality suspension seat post for far less than the Kinekt or Thudbuster.

View attachment 38791
Got this one and I must say that it has performed very well and I have had no issues with it for the past year of ownership. I purchased it for $60 shipped, it is very comfortable, quiet, and very easy to adjust.

Got this one and I must say that it has performed very well and I have had no issues with it for the past year of ownership. I purchased it for $60 shipped, it is very comfortable, quiet, and very easy to adjust.
Currently that product is listed as, "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

I purchased my Bodyfloat v2.0 27.2mmX420mm back in Nov/2017 on sale for $211 direct from Cirrus Cycles. I've been 100% happy switching from Suntour NCX to the Bodyfloat with +7000 miles on my Radrover (around +5000 miles with Bodyfloat). I haven't check since 2017; but, the suspension seatpost might go on sale again just in time for the holidays.

Can someone tell what kind of seat post is worth the money. I've looked on Amazon and there are plenty of suspension posts ranging fro mid twenty dollars to a couple of hundred. I purchased a low end post and it does smooth out the ride a bit over rough terrain, and was wondering if a more expensive post would give me a better ride and worth the money.

As you have seen from this post, every rider has different needs and preferences when it comes to bike seat comfort. In my younger years, I did fine with an inexpensive spring seat post. With age, my posterior became more sensitive to shock and I was forced to look at more expensive solutions. I now have 6 suspension seat posts and have tried many more. My favorites are the Thudbuster LT, Kenekt 2.1 and Thudbuster ST in that order.

I prefer the Thudbuster LT for it's 3" of travel. The trick is to select an elastomer which compresses an inch or so when you sit. This leaves 2" of travel to absorb shock allowing your body to "float" while in the saddle. I've been using it for several years and have not had to replace the elastomer. The LT does require more seat tube clearance though. At around $150, both the LT and ST are $100 cheaper than the Kenekt.

The Kenekt 2.1 is definitely a great choice if you can afford it. My only complaint is it's short 1.5" of travel. If I adjust it to "float" or depress slightly when sitting, I occasionally bottom out on rough trail surfaces.

There are many less expensive choices out there. Keep in mind that springs and elastomers are wear items. Will replacements be available in the future?

Last edited:

My bike is heavy now that I routinely load it with 3 batteries and the kitchen sink, so yes it hits potholes hard. I usually ride about 3- 4 hours per trip over mixed surfaces. All I know is my prostate appreciates my Thudbuster SD . I have not tried any other brand so I cannot really add much pertinent info other than the trick of drilling out the rubber insert if you are already using the softest one and still find it too stiff.I have considered that if I add another bike I would start with something like a Norco Range or Sight and add touring gear aftermarket.
1569169318658.png

Last edited:
That said, I agree there's always some risks associated with online shopping.
Please you are misrepresenting the risks. Trundle on over to endless_sphere, electric bike.com, reddit, and any number of forums including YouTube. There are numerous cases of counterfeit products. Please don't present your limited experience as a fair overview.

I've lost with Aliexpress and the wrong vendor, a $250 welder, $300 of nickel strip that was sold as pure, but was pure coating over steel.
I got nothing back. I didn't bother with the odd $1 and $2 losses.

I appreciate your great effort to google information and share it. Overstating the safety of Aliexpress is a disservice.

Again, IF YOU KNOW THE VENDOR and have a history. Many are on Facebook theses days Aliexpress can be great. But the vendors are in China and there is no legal recourse.

Currently that product is listed as, "Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Use either of these two links... available and in stock with excellent reviews for $59. Hope this helps. ;)

1569183623936.png

1569183408496.png

Last edited:
Is the Aluminum 2.1 seat post the same thing as "Body Float"?

I'd called the local dealer yesterday asking for the Aluminum 2.1 seat post in 30.9 and he said he had it. I've just returned from the store and notice that there's nothing on the box that says Aluminum 2.1 and the invoice says "Kinekt Body Float". Did he give me something different? I sure hope not.

Anyway, while riding this morning I was hit by a car. I've got a 200 lumen flashing red light on the back of my helmet as well as the regular rear (non-flashing) tail light on the bike. I was on the bike path and a woman came up from behind me and turned right, right in front of me, to go to a gas station. She claims she didn't see me. I slammed on the brakes but still hit the right rear quarter panel of her car and the bike went right and I sailed right over the back of the car. I've got a big gash on my right shin (right to the bone) and most certainly a cracked rib on my left side. I can hardly move. And I've just recovered from a cracked rib on my right side. Looks like I won't be able to ride again for awhile. (Took 3 weeks last time.)

So, I won't be able to try this new seat post for awhile. Not even sure if I'll be able to install it without pain.

Back