Super Delight Stand-over Heights

Midway

Region
Canada
City
Moncton, New Brunswick
Looking at the stand over heights for myself with 34” inseam and when i verify frame geometry on R&M website and Court’s review of the 51cm (medium) frame, Court has stand over height listed at 34.5“ (87.6cm) and R&M has same frame size stand over listed at 31.3” (79.5cm). Based on R&M frame geometry, a L or XL would fit me fine.

Question is, wondering if there is a reason for the discrepancy in heights or just a typo as my order will be online and won’t have opportunity to test ride. I’m assuming R&M’s frame geometry sizes are accurate. Just want to be sure i get the best fit frame size and that i’m not missing something here.

Chris

Not sure about the accuracy of the numbers. But make sure to take into account that the height increases if you get the GX option.

Is it the tire treads on the GX option that increases height?
I’m wondering if the 34.5” reference was in part due to the seat forcing you to stand more forward on the bike.

The stand over height is measured from the ground up through the forward pedal positioned at 90 degrees to the top bar. https://www.r-m.de/en-ca/service/frame-geometry/

If anyone with the Delite or Superdelite with GX option could verify the stand over height would be great.

Last edited:
I have a Delite GX extreme rohloff HS 54 cm (2.8" tires). I'm 6'5" (1.98M) and like near full extension of my legs when riding. I have the factory Dropper Post and it is at max extension and it's main function is to assist in on/off the bike maneuvers. With my 37" inseam legs the standover height is no problem and probably have 3-4 inches to spare.

That said, I would not buy a high end product like this without riding it first. I'm fortunate to have a dealer nearby with many floor/demo models and it took the demo ride to convince me of the value of this high end product.

Last edited:
I have a 2021 medium frame Superdelite GX HS Rohloff and I’m measuring 29-31” stand over height. It is 30” at the lowest point but around 33” where the front of my legs are when standing over it. I’m 6’1” with 33” inseam. I find the medium GX is a perfect size for me.
The GX option adds ~40 mm to the suspension travel, so that is the main reason for the increased stand over height.

Last edited:
Yes i agree to test riding first as well. I’m 1500 km from nearest dealer. Unfortunately, Propel is in a different dealer territory As they are 4-5 hours closer to me.

"If anyone with the Delite or Superdelite with GX option could verify the stand over height would be great"
Just under 33" for mine (2021 SD/GX/51cm). R&M spec @ 83.5cm or 32.87" looks spot on.

Thanks everyone. The SD GX 51cm would probably be the safe bet. From the videos its a bit difficult to get a good perspective. Wish we had a R&M on the east coast In Atlantic Canada.

I'm 6'0 and got the 51cm Delite with GX. I have the factory dropper post set almost as low as it can go. I don't think I would be able to ride the biggest frame size at all.

Back