Super Commuter Version 1.1

I doubt that they will ever get defective. Perhaps you meant to say with less then 80% capacity ?
SInce is a 600wh pack, probably a repacking will be around 90-100$ for the cells no ? DOn’t know if it’s a 3500 cell or higher .

Not sure how many it has either but they are 18650 as you told me awhile ago. And need a spot welder (120$), or the solderless option(using those plastic connectors, forget the company that makes them-vrom or vroz ??)

Having made a DIY bike along these lines, I wish mine had four piston discs, a bombproof 100 pound rack, an open source 880 wh battery, a Gates + Rohloff drive and had come with a satiator, a brighter light than my Niterider 1400 and an Abus lock.

This is a performance / function driven design and a bike from R + M with this spec would be in another price category, while a Juiced or Biktrix would be in another quality category.

Having repacked and built battery packs, Ebiker01, your estimate of the cost and effort required is out of range.

Having made a DIY bike along these lines, I wish mine had four piston discs, a bombproof 100 pound rack, an open source 880 wh battery, a Gates + Rohloff drive and had come with a satiator, a brighter light than my Niterider 1400 and an Abus lock.

This is a performance / function driven design and a bike from R + M with this spec would be in another price category, while a Juiced or Biktrix would be in another quality category.

Having repacked and built battery packs, Ebiker01, your estimate of the cost and effort required is out of range.

I only estimated the cost —around the 200$ mark, not the effort. For me it would be 6-8hours.
Ps- i agree is a nicely built ebike except the battery pack sticking out, is just that it is not in my price range.

Majority of people looking for an ebike purchase have a hard time justifying over 2k for an ebike. My limit is 4grand. For 6k it should fly like a big drone.

Majority of people looking for an ebike purchase have a hard time justifying over 2k for an ebike. My limit is 4grand. For 6k it should fly like a big drone.

I'm merely curious, but is the above statement your opinion or do you know of actual market research that backs up your statement?

Another set of thoughts, actually.

When developing any new product, it is best to start with actually solving a problem. If you can't solve somebody's problem it doesn't matter what your solution costs and/or how pretty (or ugly) it is. If you do solve somebody's problem, you have the further opportunity to bend the cost curve to your liking and making the product in question esthetically pleasing.

Also, perfection is almost never achieved, and getting there is an iterative process. You have to put something out there to figure out whether your idea makes any sense at all, It is easy for non-participants to kibitz, and much much harder to actually build something that people want to buy.

I'm merely curious, but is the above statement your opinion or do you know of actual market research that backs up your statement?
Is a master opinion ? based on hundreds on other opinions, online statements , electricbikereview topics and my own 5+years of riding ebikes in Ny/Nj and having many people asking about my own ebike -how much it did cost and offering their own unwanted opinion on how much they would spend.

Emma, not sure if anybody clarified on that but yes the bike does come with the throttle-at least that’s my understanding

We are both hoping this will be the ultimate mid drive torque motor with a throttle!

Thank you, Scott!

We concur with your thoughts.

The goal was to build very low maintenance, extremely capable bike. What people call real automotive grade. This is for someone who has owned an eBike but wants to upgrade to the next level.

Is there a website with the specs for this bike?

What is the wheel diameter, and what tires will it accommodate?

Thanks.

This is pretty cool...now make a carbon framed dropbar! ;) Had to ask. Are there plans down the line to offer it with the E-14?

Looks like the Rohloff hub got dropped, website lists a Shimano Nexus 3 Speed.

That's the old website. 8 month old design.
The new one will have Rohloff and everything that was mentioned above.

The new website will be up in a week.

EBR got the preview of upcoming bike before the launch and there will be a special event in Canada to launch this product to the bigger market.

It seems like with the torque that the Ultra produces , the Rohloff might be a bit of overkill , especially around town. Three is all you need !

It seems like with the torque that the Ultra produces , the Rohloff might be a bit of overkill , especially around town. Three is all you need !

Rohloff is used not for the gear range.
With the Bafang ultra, one gets all the torque ever needed and Enviolo or Nexus hubs may be enough but Rohloff is used for its outstanding reliability.
There is no other IGH in the market that would take 750W of power all day and still provide 100,000 miles of trouble-free service life.

If you push 750W or 100Nm thru Enviolo or Nexus or any other hub, it would fail in few thousand miles. This is well documented.

That is the reason eBikes that use high powered motor like Optibike spec Rohloff.

Even though the Ultra is capable of 1500W, it is limited to 750W because it's more than enough to reach 28mph and renders the bike legal in the US market. Also, since it's running much below its peak power, the motor would last a long time. Couple that with Rohloff+Gates carbon belt, your drivetrain maintenance cost is next to nothing.

So, in short, longevity is the main reason Rohloff has been picked. Huge gear range is just a wonderful bonus!

Karl Gesslein ran over 1500 watts through a Nexus and said it worked well and held up. Of course , he wasn't talking about 100,000 miles !

I wish Rohloff would make a 3 or maybe a five speed hub.

What am I missing? Is there another thread somewhere? No updates on the web site, the site says they have a pile of bikes in inventory but no one has purchased one, it's like a bad dream.

Lol I think they are just getting the website updated etc right now

My understanding is this bike has not been out very long and it’s on the higher end of prices so may be a little bit before many people write reviews about it

Back