Summer Run On March 4th

Imchud

Region
USA
Here, it is, March 4th, in the Midwest (Cleveland) - Today we hit 73 degrees with lots of sunshine. So, for me, it was my official 1st real ride in 2024. My wife and I hit the Metro parks in Cleveland for about a 3-hour ride. It felt so good to be out and about enjoying the day with what seemed to be 1/2 of Cleveland out doing the same thing. It was worth the knee and butt pain to see and experience the day doing what we love. It makes me realize, at 68, how lucky I am to still be able to do so. As the 2024 riding season ramps up, I hope we all stay safe and have a great biking season.

Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the good weather! I envy you having Cleveland's Metroparks trail system nearby.

I'm about 5 hours east of you in PA. The weather was nice here too, but I have too many projects going right now and not able to take time off to ride.

I'm planning to get out your way in May though, to ride the Ohio & Erie Canal Trail, from Cleveland down through Cuyahoga National Park to Zoarville.

Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the good weather! I envy you having Cleveland's Metroparks trail system nearby.

I'm about 5 hours east of you in PA. The weather was nice here too, but I have too many projects going right now and not able to take time off to ride.

I'm planning to get out your way in May though, to ride the Ohio & Erie Canal Trail, from Cleveland down through Cuyahoga National Park to Zoarville.
Beautiful ride... personally, I haven't gone that far south on the trail - I've done Cleveland down through Akron and it is an amazing ride. If you start up by the lake and ride from Edgewater Park down through the Cleveland Flats you get a great view of the city. Also, I did read that the Metro Parks are going to be paving a lot of the O/E trail this year, the parts that are still crushed limestone.
So parts of the trail might be shut down for paving. I'll do some more digging around and let you know what I find out. Stay tuned.

Beautiful ride... personally, I haven't gone that far south on the trail - I've done Cleveland down through Akron and it is an amazing ride. If you start up by the lake and ride from Edgewater Park down through the Cleveland Flats you get a great view of the city. Also, I did read that the Metro Parks are going to be paving a lot of the O/E trail this year, the parts that are still crushed limestone.
So parts of the trail might be shut down for paving. I'll do some more digging around and let you know what I find out. Stay tuned.
Thanks! 👍

This looks like it's going to be a multi-year project, where they will be paving most of the Towpath down through Akron and beyond. I don't see any start date, but I highly doubt you'll run into trouble in May. I will reach out to the Park Dept. and let you know if I find anything out.

Back