Step-Thru

This one is almost done. Just waiting for the brown grips, better brown saddle, and brown platform pedals and the woven basket. The battery goes in the water bottle cage. It will be a tourist rental for the flats by the river and turning basin. The basket will help cover the one wire. Not one zip tie was sacrificed in this build.
View attachment 153011

View attachment 153010
delicous!

Kona ECOCO
https://konaworld.com/ecoco.cfm
ecoco.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the flip side:
They only want $8524.99 plus tax for them at Homedepot.com.

Portland, OR, based brand Vvolt introduce 3 new Utility models with 24” rear, 20” front, wheels, and 3” wide tires.

Vvolt PIE (Enviolo Trekking CVT, 500w, 100Nm mid-drive, class 1 or 3 + boost button)

pie-side-profile.png

Vvolt Slice Lite (single speed, 350w, 40Nm rear hub motor, class 2)
lite-side-profile.png

Vvolt Slice DLX (Enviolo Trekking CVT, 500w, 100Nm mid-drive, class 1 or 3 with boost button).
dlx-side-profile.png

Last edited:
This designer went to engineering school. Triangles are inherently strong. Including the spoke crosses and triangle behind the motor it adds up. There are even triangles within the rotors.
Unubtainium for us common retired Folks.

Here is the flip side:
They only want $8524.99 plus tax for them at Homedepot.com.
Boy, I should have hung on to my CC! HomeDepot jacking up the price. I think I paid under 4k including shipping a couple of years ago for the same cream colored bike direct from the girls at Frey...

Given the lines and customer service I.Q. at Home Depot, what are you going to do with your $8542.99 bike (plus 9.5% in sales tax); When something goes wrong? Go talk to the out of shape kid in an orange apron, with blue hair, facial piercings, and a neck tat of Tweety Bird if you can find her?
1683994411090.jpeg
1683994500553.jpeg
1683994524745.jpeg

Given the lines and customer service I.Q. at Home Depot, what are you going to do with your $8542.99 bike (plus 9.5% in sales tax); When something goes wrong? Go talk to the out of shape kid in an orange apron, with blue hair, facial piercings, and a neck tat of Tweety Bird if you can find her?
View attachment 153514View attachment 153515View attachment 153516
Yeah, I remember when Home Depot first opened-tons of associates on every aisle, ready to help and many of them were experts in the field. Good luck finding a guy or gal to help you pick out the right size whatever. I have an ACE hardware much closer and they are very helpful with plenty of staff...

Now days you can go to a Home Depot plumbing department and ask for a wax ring and they will look at you as if you asked for a Coccolocco logorrhean chiaroscurist.

1684011882082.jpeg

Lithuania is another EU country that like Portugal, Romania, and Poland, has received investment in recent years to build factories for making and assembling e-bikes, motors, and batteries. Two such models are below:

Batribike Gamma-S. Made in the Baltik Vairas factory in Lithuania which also assembles e-bikes for the Dutch Pon.Bike group. The Gamma-S model made for UK brand Batribike uses the Danish Promovec mid-drive motor.

Product_Image-1800x1200-Gamma-S_Orange_LH.png

VanDijck Leto 5 Belt Connected. Made in the Timyo Cycle factory in Lithuania. The Leto model made for Dutch brand VanDijck uses a Bafang M420 mid-drive motor made in Bafang's factory in Wroclaw, Poland, and is equipped with a Shimano Nexus-Inter-5e IGH and Gates belt.
Leto%205%20Belt%20Connected-TOURL-Tarmac.jpg

Last edited:
Now days you can go to a Home Depot plumbing department and ask for a wax ring and they will look at you as if you asked for a Coccolocco logorrhean chiaroscurist.

View attachment 153555
Wallyworld used to be that bad, now you just do not have worry about finding help they are too busy checking tickets when they are not running the two open checkouts ignoring the 10 yard backup on the self checkout registers( no wonder they are closing stores)

Back