Step-Thru

When NBC canceled 'Star Trek' it proves the old adage about" Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" Didn't Roddenberry create or direct that puerile kiddy show called "Andromeda'?

2023 Giant EXPLORE E+ 1 STA
700 x 57 c tires
SyncDrive Sport 2, 75Nm, powered by Yamaha
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/explore-eplus-1-sta-2023
MY23ExploreEplus1STA_ColorAMistyForest_Front.jpg

2023 Giant EXPLORE E+ 1 STA
700 x 57 c tires
SyncDrive Sport 2, 75Nm, powered by Yamaha
Sensible upgrades for MY23, the more powerful motor, and larger battery, together with some nice upgrades like adding a brake sensor on the tail light, keep this model competitive. Same upgrades apply to the 2023 Liv Amiti E+ which offers an extra small frame size and slightly different geometry over the Giant Explore E+ equivalent models.
MY23Amiti-Eplus1_ColorAEstorilBlue.jpg

Last edited:
Sensible upgrades for MY23, the more powerful motor, and larger battery, together with some nice upgrades like adding a brake sensor on the tail light, keep this model competitive. Same upgrades apply to the 2023 Liv Amiti E+ which offers an extra small frame size and slightly different geometry over the Giant Explore E+ equivalent models.
MY23Amiti-Eplus1_ColorAEstorilBlue.jpg
The Pro model has 85Nm torque and 800Wh battery . (Not available in USA of course)
MY23ExploreEplus0ProSTA_ColorAGunmetalBlack.jpg

Maximum torque of 75Nm and innovative "automatic assistance selection" based on riding conditions, enhancing comfort and safety. The battery engineered by Fantic is 630 Wh
Fantic is an Italian company that I think is owned by Yamaha , so perhaps we may yet see a Yamaha branded step-thru in the USA .
The new "asymmetrical rear chainstay"offers the possibility of installation of a belt instead of the traditional chain to upgrade the quietness and efficiency of the bicycle.
https://www.fantic.com/us-en/ebike/trekking/living-city_7e23g

1f6fae9c31324cc9b0b40f7e11374470.webp

8776c732593d43e8a70412d5e08fce40.webp

Last edited:
I'm not liking how that rear rack is attached.
I bet you could break it off if you blow on it hard enough.

Screenshot_20230319-152042_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Gazelle 2023 models

Arroyo C5 Elite
1280_QIFiqQSDLWr38EHT.png

Avignon C380
1280_kftjmHVRVcx926tu.png

Ultimate C380
1280_IuS6qbvbvbH41wsm.png

Ultimate T10
1280_cz13XQyrbBB41Yz3.png

you can see its anchored to the fender as well,OTH I prefer the additional strut to the upper triangle.

You can't anchor to a flimsy Fender.
The Fender is anchored to the rack.

My rack is well supported and can carry 27 kg.

20230328_141902.jpg

I removed the seat and sat on the rack, but I could hear it creaking.
That's a bit too much for it.

Last edited:
Maybe it's here already but the Radio Flyer, step-through is impressive with full UL inspections on all certifiable components and IMO better battery placement over rear rack.

Flyer™ Cruiser Step-Thru​

1681838042259.png

the Radio Flyer, step-through is impressive
I like that Radio Flyer have gotten their bikes UL certified, the one component shared across their e-bike range that I think Flyer should change is the brakes, all their bikes come with Tektro Aries MD-M300 mechanical brakes with a single piston caliper. One reviewer fitted a cable actuated hydraulic front brake, and Spyre TRP dual sided caliper for the rear brake, on his Flyer L885 to keep the e-brake levers and those would seem to be good upgrades for the cruiser model too, particularly if it's being used to carry extra weight of a passenger or in Flyer's well designed cargo baskets.

Last edited:
Back