ST2 Not communicating with the network

IMG_3260.JPG
Jed,

You're one of those rare ebikers with >10K miles per year.
I'm sure Brett and Stromer team will take care of you

Did you change your bike from white frame to black?

My ST2 has been afflicted by the loss of comm issue as well. They are now saying that they don't know what the problem is and that swapping computers is apparently not addressing the root cause.

My bike is running fine, but without comms, I can't use the lock feature for fear of getting locked out and stranded.

My Omni was replaced , and communicates, now the avg speed keeps going up , in hundreds per hour currently, I havent told anyone yet, my shop had no pwer yesterday and today the my repair guy isnt in, checking w/Stromer. Bike still runs great.

Stromer is sending a software update for this, next time I turn it on I was told

Last edited:
Just a quick update - Stromer contacted me last week and sent out a new Omni unit to my local Stromer dealer who installed it on Saturday. I'm happy to report my ST2 is once again finding a signal and communicating. A couple of glitches seem to be introduced in that I'm getting a fair amount of intermittent communication errors and the Omni reboots and powers up again when it attempt to power down the bike. I suspect I'm going to need to re download the app and the bike software but overall I continue to be very impressed and delighted with the after sale support from Stromer. My bike is now 18 months old and has close to 3000 miles on it and they still stand by their product! And I still love this ebike! That's impressive on both counts.

Yes, Stromer has decided to simply replace Omnis rather than wait. While it is somewhat ominous that they don't quite know why the units are failing, I guess for now it is a best-case outcome to simply swap them out. I fear that this overly-complex part will eventually be an issue for long time ST2 owners, however. (I for one would be really happy if they would ship an optional firmware set up so that the entire bike fails safe and remains functional if there is no network connectivity.)

Unless I'm mistaken, the old OMNIs are not 3/4G compatible and the new ines are.

John, I wonder if the reboots are due to an installation error. Have you tried the wiggle and tap test? (Old Ford troubleshooting method of tapping an item to see if it reproduces the issue.)

All better now; the new Omni unit I had installed was working fine except for the reboot. Once I got an updated firmware pushed and installed it's working perfectly again. I can't thank Stromer Support folks (Joel and Chan) enough, they stuck with me on the problem and worked it until everything was back to normal.

Back