ST2 Kickstand Issue

!0-4. I've never known of one to not be manual. as I said in earlier post, Ive had a lot of motorcycles over the years and have never seen a kickstand that didn't require a little rearward foot pressure to activate spring to lift up. I remember reading that was a european law- I think. Both my stromers would be "manual" per your description, and every harley, honda, kawasaki, and yamaha I;ve ever owned have been manual. The one that would retract by taking weight off it- is not the one that I would want- to say the least.
The hebie stand is manual, but what makes it so great is its relative angle whiled bike is parked. Far more secure. Pictures coming right now.
So the Hebie doesn't just flip up when you take the weight off? That's what I really don't like with the stock stand. Seems like a lot of fuss about something to just hold your bike up. :) But I do know the stock stand clipping my cranks now is most annoying.

Mine came with a manual (non-auto-retracting) kick stand but I thought the auto retracting one was a great idea I had seen on a ST2S review. When I mentioned it to my dealer he put one on for me, no charge.
The auto retracting stand was awesome, so convenient, just throw my leg over the bike and go... I loved it.
That is until I parked it in the bike cage at work and would come down to find my bike hanging by its u-lock.
Anybody squeezing past or bumping my bike while getting to theirs and the kickstand would flip up.

Great if you never park your bike next to anybody else, otherwise very very bad.

With either stock or retracting kickstand I had no issues with it hitting the crank.

Hitting the crank is just a better of kicking it or hitting it with hammer or loosening bolt and moving it in that way.
I just looked at my st2 stock kickstand and it is "manual" I knew it was, or it would have been in trash, not garage.
The hebie changes the geometry i guess you could say. Bike may lean a hair more over while on stand, but mostly because foot sits farther from bike, stability while on stand is greatly improved. And, again, if you forget to help "manual" kickstand up, the first high spot or you leaning to left while riding- it will do it for you, by design.

Please accept my apology for Stromer needing to provide kickstands I'm sure it was. E.U. mandated now.

Anyone tried the URSUS Wheels Jumbo Double Leg Kick Stand? Favorably reviewed and looks pretty sturdy with a 176# rating. I have my ST2 with a commuter pannier holding my macbook pro and a change of clothes etc in another pannier. I don't even want to know the weight of all that in addition to the stock 70# bare naked. Thinking this would be a good insurance policy for avoiding the bike going over when parked.

Mine came with a manual (non-auto-retracting) kick stand but I thought the auto retracting one was a great idea I had seen on a ST2S review. When I mentioned it to my dealer he put one on for me, no charge.
The auto retracting stand was awesome, so convenient, just throw my leg over the bike and go... I loved it.
That is until I parked it in the bike cage at work and would come down to find my bike hanging by its u-lock.
Anybody squeezing past or bumping my bike while getting to theirs and the kickstand would flip up.

Great if you never park your bike next to anybody else, otherwise very very bad.

Autoretracting is bad, had the same issues.
It's my second autoretracting as there was so much play/wear on the kickstand it was hit by the cranck
impossible to ride.
My second has already some play but still not so bad.

Back