ST2 Kickstand Issue

Anyone have an issue with the kickstand hitting the crank arm while pedaling? I've taken it off, cleaned it up, lubed it and reinstalled and it still seems to have loosed up and the crank is clipping it when pedalling. I have to on occasion 'kick it' over on a ride to get it out of the way. Hate to take it off but it is most annoying.

There is a gret kickstand upgrade somewhere on this forum, search for it, buy it and you will be happy

Ditto with the kickstand, the sooner I find the replacement the better, the kickstand that is on the bike is ridiculous, I have almost dropped the bike a couple of times when it automatically retracts...

Looks like the Hebie 632 with the mods spelled out is the way to go but I'll be dayam if I can find one here in the US. Anyone know if a shop that carriers these??

My St2 crank hits stand periodically also . We should all have the new stand the St2s has sent to all St2 owners ASAP. I put a mini vise grip on to lock stand , when leaving bike, in case bike is moved, while I'm away. Can't wait for the next ride. Best bike ever!

Last edited:
My St2 crank hits stand periodically also . We should all have the new stand the St2s has sent to all St2 owners ASAP. I put a mini vise grip on to lock stand , when leaving bike, in case bike is moved, while I'm away. Can't wait for the next ride. Best bike ever!
Is it a different stand for the ST2S? I wonder if it is really any better. I'm going to try and get my hands and on the Hebie.

Is it a different stand for the ST2S? I wonder if it is really any better. I'm going to try and get my hands and on the Hebie.
I bought mine from europe, freight is reasonable and paypal protection knows no borders. Mods are easy, Hebie stand is worth its price!

Everything else on st2 is about perfect, some forks, seat and suspension, and kickstand. less than 10% of bike price- all good.

I bought mine from europe, freight is reasonable and paypal protection knows no borders. Mods are easy, Hebie stand is worth its price!

Everything else on st2 is about perfect, some forks, seat and suspension, and kickstand. less than 10% of bike price- all good.
Thanks - I'll do just that! And couldn't agree more about the ST2 - ride mine every day to work now!

Stromer has replacement kickstands that are manual. Ask your local dealer to order one for you.

86, why would you recommend a manual, (whatever that means)kickstand from stromer? They already gave the best they had when they shipped bike. That hebie is talked up here and on german stromer forum as the ultimate fix. And after months of Hebie under my bike, I agree.
Every kickstand I have ever had from yamaha 80 in 70's to my 2001 road glide all require only light pressure to auto-up- for obvious reasons.
I remember reading somewhere that european law required "auto up" with no foot pressure backwards, I find that hard to believe, but I guess you could make a case for it. But, his original complaint was pedal rubbing, and any 2 wheeled machine when pushed forward will likely auto-up. But lifting weight of kickstand should leave kickstand down until you apply a little pressure with foot, or forget, and first high spot you come in contact with, will do it for you.
Now ya got guys thinking we should all demand new kickstands from stormer…… I would settle for new super wazoo 99 headlight to work on my bike, and I'd pay for it. But as supernova said to me "I'm sorry Barry, it is not technically possible to put 99 on st2" ok. whatever….

I just got a new replacement ST2 since mine was being serviced when there was a fire at the shop, and to my delight it seems stromer has switched to manual kickstands. I did however have to switch it right away with the automatic one on my wife's ST2 because she hated that thing even more than I did.

86, why would you recommend a manual, (whatever that means)kickstand from stromer? They already gave the best they had when they shipped bike. That hebie is talked up here and on german stromer forum as the ultimate fix. And after months of Hebie under my bike, I agree.
Every kickstand I have ever had from yamaha 80 in 70's to my 2001 road glide all require only light pressure to auto-up- for obvious reasons.
I remember reading somewhere that european law required "auto up" with no foot pressure backwards, I find that hard to believe, but I guess you could make a case for it. But, his original complaint was pedal rubbing, and any 2 wheeled machine when pushed forward will likely auto-up. But lifting weight of kickstand should leave kickstand down until you apply a little pressure with foot, or forget, and first high spot you come in contact with, will do it for you.
Now ya got guys thinking we should all demand new kickstands from stormer…… I would settle for new super wazoo 99 headlight to work on my bike, and I'd pay for it. But as supernova said to me "I'm sorry Barry, it is not technically possible to put 99 on st2" ok. whatever….
Manual means you have to flip it up with your foot rather than just lift the bike. Nice thing about the manual is that if you tilt/move your bike the stand does retract which can be annoying when you are say doing some adjustments on your bike and you lean it a bit and it follows over as the kickstand has retracted. I have
Pletscher manual on my Tout Terrain (my other commuter) and can safely say in the 3 years of riding it I've never left it down or had any issues. Kind of a proponent of the manual myself. :)

!0-4. I've never known of one to not be manual. as I said in earlier post, Ive had a lot of motorcycles over the years and have never seen a kickstand that didn't require a little rearward foot pressure to activate spring to lift up. I remember reading that was a european law- I think. Both my stromers would be "manual" per your description, and every harley, honda, kawasaki, and yamaha I;ve ever owned have been manual. The one that would retract by taking weight off it- is not the one that I would want- to say the least.
The hebie stand is manual, but what makes it so great is its relative angle whiled bike is parked. Far more secure. Pictures coming right now.

Back