specialized creo 2

Me too! I’m waiting on a build for mine … changing out the dropper post for roval carbon 20 mm offset and I’m requesting a shorter stem that elevates the handlebars for a more upright ride. Selling my 2020 CREO Carbon EVO Expert SL 1.1. Kind of hate to see it go. It kept me cycling with a much faster group after heart bypass and pins in a fractured femur (bike crash of course).

I will post pics soon, but I love the gold color in person. There was talk about it being the lesser colorway or resale could be lower, but I don't see it. The color is great!

TBH, the difference between my expert Diverge and comp Creo is less than I expected. Braking and shifting feels the same. It's not as slow unpowered as I expected. The main difference is it's clearly a stiffer bike so if the terrain is rough I'd opt for the Diverge. The stem is also 100 cm for my size, versus 90 and 80 might be ideal according to my bike fit. Both are tubeless which is a must imo. Will probably add the carbon wheels before long, and am considering swapping the dropper for a more comfortable post or the reverb. I really like the dropper! It's just a little too... probing.. over bumps. The Diverge carbon post isn't amazing, but it will at least spring your butt into the air rather than sucker punch you.

If the Expert had a colorway that I liked better, I would have ordered it. Even had a chance to get a discount on one. Seems like they could upsell a lot of people with more interesting color choices..
I had my Creo2 in the shop checking wear and tear after 800 miles. Behind the counter I saw 3 Creo2s in the gold color. Two had full fender setups. And the combo of that gold frame against the black fenders looked pretty awesome. The fenders were from PDW and were 55mm wide with the stock 47s underneath. A very nice setup.

The guy at the LBS said: here, check out the specialized dealer website for Creo2s. And he flipped the screen around so I could see it and there was NOTHING available and there were no ETAs. I said: there's people who are buying bikes for delivery that honestly the bike shops have no idea when they will be in. Delivery date: Late Summer, Okay thanks!

The shop carries all these high end ebike models (Scott, Cannondale, Santa Cruz even Moots!) on the floor ready to buy trying to be a Creo2 but they are barely a Creo1. Manager was like: Creo2 is the best we have.

… Kind of hate to see it go. It kept me cycling with a much faster group after heart bypass and pins in a fractured femur (bike crash of course).

i know what you mean! i sold my creo today, lots of reasons but basically, it was the right bike for me a few years ago but not any more. but soooo many amazing miles and memories, and it got me back into cycling, hard. bittersweet at best. but better that someone ride it.

I had my Creo2 in the shop checking wear and tear after 800 miles. Behind the counter I saw 3 Creo2s in the gold color. Two had full fender setups. And the combo of that gold frame against the black fenders looked pretty awesome. The fenders were from PDW and were 55mm wide with the stock 47s underneath. A very nice setup.

The guy at the LBS said: here, check out the specialized dealer website for Creo2s. And he flipped the screen around so I could see it and there was NOTHING available and there were no ETAs. I said: there's people who are buying bikes for delivery that honestly the bike shops have no idea when they will be in. Delivery date: Late Summer, Okay thanks!

The shop carries all these high end ebike models (Scott, Cannondale, Santa Cruz even Moots!) on the floor ready to buy trying to be a Creo2 but they are barely a Creo1. Manager was like: Creo2 is the best we have.
Those fenders look fantastic. It doesn't rain much here, so I'm quite happy with Ass Savers which can be installed in about 5 seconds.

Wasn't able to test ride many of the other SL e-bikes (Trek, Scott, Canyon, etc.), but I did test the Skitch a couple times. By every metric I found the Creo 2 to be more exciting and better designed. Couldn't get past the stiffness of the Skitch and the awful feeling shifters on the Apex version. Really want to try a Moots bike!

Couple comfort/compliance questions:

Is the Reverb dropper as comfortable as a split leaf carbon post?
Post #89 puts that to rest. I'm running the roval terra on another bike. Surprised that the comfort mode on the Reverb isn't better.

Would the carbon wheels increase compliance over the aluminum wheels?

The sad fact is that even if I bought a Creo 2, I would be compelled to derestricting it (for which I would hate myself!) 25 km/h is perfect off-road but it is a shame on asphalt. With my medical condition, I cannot pedal an e-bike fast without any assistance... My buddies would laugh at me and say the Polish proverb: "A peasant deserves turd, not a watch" :) Or, "Gear means nothing if ridden by a bungler"...

Meanwhile, no-one makes any funny remarks when I'm riding my Vado SL. It is not perceived as a serious gravel bike! Nobody minds it.

Last edited:
The sad fact is that even if I bought a Creo 2, I would be compelled to derestricting it (for which I would hate myself!) 25 km/h is perfect off-road but it is a shame on asphalt. With my medical condition, I cannot pedal an e-bike fast without any assistance... My buddies would laugh at me and say the Polish proverb: "A peasant deserves turd, not a watch" :) Or, "Gear means nothing if ridden by a bungler"...
25 km/h wouldn't work for me at all. Need a little extra boost to deal with drivers.

25 km/h wouldn't work for me at all. Need a little extra boost to deal with drivers.
Well AR, Creo 2 is a racy gravel e-bike. A technological marvel. A strong person would equalize their chances off-road, upwind, and uphill with the motor but should be able to get at 34-35 km/h on asphalt without any assistance. Sadly, it is not me. When I'm riding my "gravelized" Vado SL people think "Stefan is a disabled person, and he's trying hard". Some people even make a banter about that: "I know what Stefan will do. He'd save his battery charge to sprint in Turbo at the finish line, haha" :D A true fact!

Once, I rented a legal Creo 1. It was a ride of shame as everybody was overtaking me on the Warsaw - Mount Calvary route and back!

Couple comfort/compliance questions:

Is the Reverb dropper as comfortable as a split leaf carbon post?
Post #89 puts that to rest. I'm running the roval terra on another bike. Surprised that the comfort mode on the Reverb isn't better.

Would the carbon wheels increase compliance over the aluminum wheels?
IMO, the number one way and least expensive method to improve compliance is to run wide tires tubeless at the lowest pressure possible for the terrain you are riding. On pavement, I'm running the stock 47mm tires at 38psi and on gravel going down as low as 25psi. At a certain, point it's how they feel. If the ride feel is harsh, I'll drop a few psi until it no longer feels harsh.

Attachments

• IMG_3175.png
    IMG_3175.png
    309.4 KB · Views: 95
Regarding battery SoC has anyone else noticed phantom drain? I'm losing about 6% overnight.

Only had it a week or so and have the limit set to 80%. The next day it shows 74-75% on startup. Tried charging to 100% once.

Probably NBD but curious..

Regarding battery SoC has anyone else noticed phantom drain? I'm losing about 6% overnight.

Only had it a week or so and have the limit set to 80%. The next day it shows 74-75% on startup. Tried charging to 100% once.

Probably NBD but curious..
Have not experienced this at all. If anything, I've experienced the opposite. A few times I have the limit set to 80%, charged the bike and then unplugged it. Next morning it reads 84%. So far my Creo2 has been through 23 charge cycles.

Have not experienced this at all. If anything, I've experienced the opposite. A few times I have the limit set to 80%, charged the bike and then unplugged it. Next morning it reads 84%. So far my Creo2 has been through 23 charge cycles.
So I have been unplugging it after 80%. The manual said to unplug after charging. If you let it sit without being plugged does it always start back at the same %?

Edit: today it’s at 80! Probably just balancing out the battery over the first few cycles.

Back