Shred arrived with no battery - can't get a hold of anyone at Surface 604:UPDATE - resolved; batteries were delayed but will be sent out soon

Tanacity

Hi all,

I pre-ordered the Shred with the extended battery and the upgraded seat post on July 1st, and it was fulfilled and delivered last Friday - was excited to ride this weekend but when I opened the box, there was no battery. No communication from Surface 604 indicated that the battery would arrive at a later date, and no other information or tracking number was sent. Worst off, I have not been able to get a hold of anyone there for an explanation. I saw that others on here may not have had their batteries shipped with their bikes (which makes no sense - it's the most important part), and I was wondering what was communicated to them. Also their "unavailability" certainly is concerning. Thinking I will return it if i don't hear anything back in short order. Any feedback will certainly help.

I assume your using email for communicating? If so 48 hours is not unusual in response time with internet companies. I have only used Pay Pal when ordering. When I have said I would be filing a claim with the resolution center the response came quickly. I imagine the same with a credit card.

I assume your using email for communicating? If so 48 hours is not unusual in response time with internet companies. I have only used Pay Pal when ordering. When I have said I would be filing a claim with the resolution center the response came quickly. I imagine the same with a credit card.
Thanks for your note - I used a CC but I assume its the same. There is a 7 day return policy so i don't even think i'd need to go that far - this really rubbed me the wrong way. I have e-mailed and called - the e-mail was Friday.

Batteries may be shipped separately as they're considered hazardous material and need special care for delivery.

But, yeah, they should respond to your inquiry.

I would suggest if you receive no response by day 4 of your return window make screenshots of phone calls placed and copies of your emails, the final email clearly stating why your exercising your 7 day return then contact CC with all that availble to send as attachments, then prepare yourself for a quick resolution or a P.I.T.A. as Im sure it already is. Good luck.

I would suggest if you receive no response by day 4 of your return window make screenshots of phone calls placed and copies of your emails, the final email clearly stating why your exercising your 7 day return then contact CC with all that availble to send as attachments, then prepare yourself for a quick resolution or a P.I.T.A. as Im sure it already is. Good luck.
Thank you - hope it doesn't come to that, but I'll do what I have to do. Much appreciated.

Quick update for everyone - S604 called and they said that their battery shipment got stuck in customs in HK and arrived just today; they were creating shipping labels as he spoke. Orders will be fulfilled and tracking numbers will be sent out for the batteries in the next few days. Hope this update helps anyone in my situation.

Hi all,

I pre-ordered the Shred with the extended battery and the upgraded seat post on July 1st, and it was fulfilled and delivered last Friday - was excited to ride this weekend but when I opened the box, there was no battery. No communication from Surface 604 indicated that the battery would arrive at a later date, and no other information or tracking number was sent. Worst off, I have not been able to get a hold of anyone there for an explanation. I saw that others on here may not have had their batteries shipped with their bikes (which makes no sense - it's the most important part), and I was wondering what was communicated to them. Also their "unavailability" certainly is concerning. Thinking I will return it if i don't hear anything back in short order. Any feedback will certainly help.
THIS IS HOW THEY SCREW YA! I bought a new shred also came with NO BATTERY! I have been trying to contact them all day with no reply... their return policy is 7 days so if I don't hear back by tomorrow this place going back in the mail and back to them that's how they screw you. They wait until the seven days is up to send the battery then say you can't return it.

THIS IS HOW THEY SCREW YA! I bought a new shred also came with NO BATTERY! I have been trying to contact them all day with no reply... their return policy is 7 days so if I don't hear back by tomorrow this place going back in the mail and back to them that's how they screw you. They wait until the seven days is up to send the battery then say you can't return it.

since the order is not complete until you get the battery, the 7 days haven’t started. Don’t think it will be an issue if you choose to return.

since the order is not complete until you get the battery, the 7 days haven’t started. Don’t think it will be an issue if you choose to return.

That's what I was just told. Seems weird to me that I received the bike on the 31st of August but my battery won't be here until September 10th.... why wouldn't you ship these items on the same day?

Back