Show your cockpit

Now that's a full set of bars!

How do people/cars react to your air horn?

Is the camera screen bright enough to use in bright daylight?

I try to be gentle on the air horn on the trails. In the city its barely enough to get their attention.

Before noon the display works great. When the sun is overhead, it's hard to see. I have to cup it with my hand to see clearly. I'll need to make some type of shade out of plastic. I might be able to make one using a mudder

At night, the bulbs around the camera helps but I think a small light shining back there would make it much better.

The camera is most effective in the city when I can see buses and cars coming up from behind.

Last edited:
I finally got my Baramind Bar setup with my handlebar bag. Here is what I've got now. So far it works great.

Attachments

• cockpit.jpg
    cockpit.jpg
    791.2 KB · Views: 331
Clean and simple. I moved the headlight up to the bars, added the bar ends and wrapped them along with the stock grips. I hate bells since they provide a very non-specific warning and my voice is far louder and more specific.
9E2A599B-D365-4258-8515-29946970ACC2.jpeg

I missed the mirror but hey two gamins. one record my wife ride (this is a tandem) and one record mine. my wife is blind so its easier if I do it. so hers sends her info to the Garmin app and strava. and mine will do the same also tracking our rides. the light is linked to her garmin it turns the light on and off when i turn the garmin on and off. also in the day the light will blink and as it gets dark it comes on steady. the brightness also changes with our speed faster we go the brighter it gets. the bike has a pretty good built in light but it is not quite bright enough so I use it to lighten after out and this one to light clover to the bike spot it does not shine in drivers faces. my Garmin controls the garmin radar. I move it to my commuter bike along with the radar. I have a bell but I gave one to my wife for her to ring so she does not get lazy.

IMG_1701.jpg

I'm getting closer to aligning on a layout.

From left to right, on a 35mm rise Sky Handlebar attached to the fork via a BHS-25 BBB HighRise OS Stem 35D 70mm.
  • Mirrcycle mirror, in it's usual setup. When cycling on the road, it goes up and to the left. Great product and pretty sturdy. It's been stress tested a few times on the trails!
  • Giant standard grip. I am considering Ergon GA3 or GP2.
  • PNW Puget 2 dropper lever. This was part of a package that @Stefan Mikes graciously made available to me.
    I have it mounted tight to the grip and snugly beside the motor controls.
    It connects at the other end to a PNW Coast external/suspension seat post. What a game changer a Dropper is!
    I may order a horizontal style lever, but there's no hurry.
  • Giant RideControl One. I am happy with a minimalistic controller.
  • Light mount - at least 10 years old. From MEC...

Cockpit left.jpg
Dropper Switch1.jpg

On the right side (reversed view) it's pretty simple.
Other than grip, trigger shifters and brake lever, all I've added is a Knog Oi Luxe "bell".

Cockpit Right 1.jpg

I usually ride with a RockBros top tube bag. The top holds my smartphone and it has a waterproof cover that works OK for touch screen (without gloves on).

In the bag in this photo (contents change from time to time):
  • A collapsable knapsack
  • Multitool
  • Light
  • Electrical tape and tie wraps.
  • A mask
  • An Epi-pen (not necessarily for me, but one never knows out on the trails).

Rockbros bag.jpg
Rockbros Closed.jpg

Not cockpit, but connected to it - the PNW Coast Suspension Dropper post with a WTB Volt saddle.. You can see the cable from the dropper routing to the cockpit.
I often don't use zip ties - I'm using hook and loop (velcro) strapping that I have rolls and rolls of. Handy stuff.

Once again, a big shout out to @Stefan Mikes who provided the PNW Dropper that he wasn't using on his fleet anymore. DHL made it pretty simple from Poland to Western Canada.

A very kind and generous gesture from a wonderful and helpful member of our EBR community.

Down.jpg

As you can see, nothing super fancy, I plan to get a QuadLock phone mount once I decide what I am going to do about my phone.
It's a Samsung GS7 and as I'm considering a replacement, I'll wait on the QuadLock until I choose a phone - the phone case is part of that particular solution.

I'm getting closer to aligning on a layout.

From left to right, on a 35mm rise Sky Handlebar attached to the fork via a BHS-25 BBB HighRise OS Stem 35D 70mm.
  • Mirrcycle mirror, in it's usual setup. When cycling on the road, it goes up and to the left. Great product and pretty sturdy. It's been stress tested a few times on the trails!
  • Giant standard grip. I am considering Ergon GA3 or GP2.
  • PNW Puget 2 dropper lever. This was part of a package that @Stefan Mikes graciously made available to me.
    I have it mounted tight to the grip and snugly beside the motor controls.
    It connects at the other end to a PNW Coast external/suspension seat post. What a game changer a Dropper is!
    I may order a horizontal style lever, but there's no hurry.
  • Giant RideControl One. I am happy with a minimalistic controller.
  • Light mount - at least 10 years old. From MEC...

View attachment 70714View attachment 70716

On the right side (reversed view) it's pretty simple.
Other than grip, trigger shifters and brake lever, all I've added is a Knog Oi Luxe "bell".

View attachment 70717

I usually ride with a RockBros top tube bag. The top holds my smartphone and it has a waterproof cover that works OK for touch screen (without gloves on).

In the bag in this photo (contents change from time to time):
  • A collapsable knapsack
  • Multitool
  • Light
  • Electrical tape and tie wraps.
  • A mask
  • An Epi-pen (not necessarily for me, but one never knows out on the trails).

View attachment 70720View attachment 70721

Not cockpit, but connected to it - the PNW Coast Suspension Dropper post with a WTB Volt saddle.. You can see the cable from the dropper routing to the cockpit.
I often don't use zip ties - I'm using hook and loop (velcro) strapping that I have rolls and rolls of. Handy stuff.

Once again, a big shout out to @Stefan Mikes who provided the PNW Dropper that he wasn't using on his fleet anymore. DHL made it pretty simple from Poland to Western Canada.

A very kind and generous gesture from a wonderful and helpful member of our EBR community.

View attachment 70719

As you can see, nothing super fancy, I plan to get a QuadLock phone mount once I decide what I am going to do about my phone.
It's a Samsung GS7 and as I'm considering a replacement, I'll wait on the QuadLock until I choose a phone - the phone case is part of that particular solution.
I have to admit that I'm considering a PNW Dropper seat post as my left hip arthritis has been getting worse over the last couple of years...😔 Makes it harder to swing my right leg over the full height saddle...😫

Be aware Tim the PNW Coast is a good dropper post but do not expect too much from its suspension role :) It doesn't compare to Kinekt.

simple it is. Music, mirrors, throttle rocker, battery banks and it's ready to go

Attachments

• Handle bar area.jpg
    Handle bar area.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 264
Back