SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

What bike is that Alaskan? I have never seen one like that.
Evelo Aurora Limited - https://electricbikereview.com/evelo/aurora-limited/

American company started in 2012, bikes designed here, built in Taiwan and only sold in USA. 4 year/20,000 mile warranty with 21 day satisfaction guaranty (Any reason, send it back they pay freight both ways, full refund, no restocking fee). Direct to consumer, no LBSs. Great tech support system. Main warehouse in Seattle as is warranty center. Parts mailed out delivered to Bellingham in one day. This one has a 750 watt 105 Newton Meter Japanese Dapu mid drive motor with speed, cadence and torque sensor, carbon belt, Enviolo 380 CVT hub, with Automatiq shifting tuned in to your cadence. No shifting needed, truly but you can go manual 9 speed if you want. 680 watt battery. I bought it to make up for the pulmonary capacity I lost this past winter that took me off my bikes. This one has enough extra oomph over the Bosch that aI could make it back up the hill to our house without stopping four times to catch my breath and let my heart settle back down to a reasonable rate. There is a throttle too, although I don't use it. It is powerful enough in pedal assist for me. Battery is out being charged in this pic.

20220527_125329.jpg

American company started in 2012, bikes designed here, built in Taiwan and only sold in USA. 4 year/20,000 mile warranty with 21 day satisfaction guaranty (Any reason, send it back they pay freight both ways, full refund, no restocking fee). Direct to consumer, no LBSs. Great tech support system. Main warehouse in Seattle as is warranty center. Parts mailed out delivered to Bellingham in one day. This one has a 750 watt 105 Newton Meter Japanese Dapu mid drive motor with speed, cadence and torque sensor, carbon belt, Enviolo 380 CVT hub, with Automatiq shifting tuned in to your cadence. No shifting needed, truly but you can go manual 9 speed if you want. 680 watt battery. I bought it to make up for the pulmonary capacity I lost this past winter that took me off my bikes. This one has enough extra oomph over the Bosch that aI could make it back up the hill to our house without stopping four times to catch my breath and let my heart settle back down to a reasonable rate. There is a throttle too, although I don't use it. It is powerful enough in pedal assist for me. Battery is out being charged in this pic.

View attachment 124802
Awesome warranty. Nice bike!

How does the torque sensing compare to the Bosch system? Does it give you a natural feeling assist like the Bosch drive train does? Also, do you miss having the functions of the Bosch Nyon display?

The torque sensing is quite similar to the Bosch, pretty seamless. I added a Hammerhead Karoo 2 to replace the Nyon functions, heart rate, mapping, record keeping, etc.

I have put the Karoo on hold for awhile just too many bugs. the altitude wont auto correct so sometimes I am under water. it crashes and I lose the ride. it takes way to long to boot up. having to turn it on and off when I got into a store it really eats up the time. No calorie burn info. temp is always off. its got its good points like it uploads ride info fast and very reliably. but till jsut recently hardly any info was actually on the webpage for the rides.

This ebike would be great for my wife. She has a Bulls Evo, but wants an ebike with a throttle. Unfortunately, they don't ship to Canada.

As I passed a worksite I saw a contruction worker being loaded into an ambulance with his shoulder in a sling. Shortly after that, I looked up and saw a platform (which is being supported by the crane) slide out and then a worker walked out onto it. If that went down they would need a spatula , not a stretcher.
1654035365917.jpeg

Last edited:
World War II Memorial KCMO
Actually WW I Memorial. Should have stopped in to say hi as I don't live far from here. I used their parking lot as a flat easy bike loop when I was rehabbing my knees after replacements. On weekdays during covid, not many cars thrn.

Right after I took this pic the young bear charged that letter carrier ( at the left edge ) who was walking toward it while filming. I think this is the same bear I saw in my backyard because it has a tag on its right ear. Good thing the letter carrier was a good sprinter. View attachment 124883
That is not a small bear. It's not huge but it's at least 2 hundred pounds. And that head posture is a threat. I bet that bear woke up dazed and confused in a strange woods not long after you took this pic. If it was lucky.

That is not a small bear. It's not huge but it's at least 2 hundred pounds. And that head posture is a threat. I bet that bear woke up dazed and confused in a strange woods not long after you took this pic. If it was lucky.
Reed , that is small by comparison to some of the really big bears I have had go through my yard. He will need a lot of luck for sure. It already had a tag on its ear so that means it has likely already been relocated and I doubt it will get another chance.

Last edited:
Your May activity (according to Google)
Bike
Cycling
1,916 km
92 hr​
Car
In transit
101 km
3 hr​
Yearly total as of May 31. 90% of it is by Ebike!
Your travel in 2022 so far
21% around the world
Total travel
7TVodR0EDovOklNI8Wgxz-xMZfuD-wHxeTGfFr6mdf9Ln0qoDfJjRl9ISoyrXhl_PV43UHbvSB24TenzU0tmIw8_90Rke4zEdlT_wp-eMBd8FkORq3RPd9OG=s0-d-e1-ft

Low-emission travel*
8,524 km7,669 km

Last edited:
Back