SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Took me a long time to find the Riverdale aspect. Time for an eye appointment.

I went to a "Riverdale High School" (Pierrefonds Quebec) when I was much, much, younger... No Archie or Veronica, but Betty was sure popular!

I spotted this E-type Jaguar parked at our LBS this afternoon... a timeless beauty! ;)

1604897392647.png
1604897414870.png

1604897477145.png
1604897509488.png

Attachments

• 1604897447853.png
    1604897447853.png
    604.9 KB · Views: 258
  • 1604897496070.png
    1604897496070.png
    696.1 KB · Views: 251
Tough choice between the E-Type and the TR3. Would be nice to own both of them. Those wire wheels though have got to be a pain to detail. 🥵

Rode the Lehigh Gorge Trail in PA. last Friday and was surprised by a steam locomotive rounding a curve. The Reading & Northern Railway has been running excursion trains for years from Jim Thorpe through the gorge but they are diesel powered. It was a real pleasure seeing this beautifully restored 1928 Baldwin steam locomotive on the line.

IMG_0884b.jpg IMG_0888b.jpg IMG_0892b.jpg IMG_0905b.jpg

Took this picture a week ago. Nothing really weird or odd but the yacht (now a hotel and restaurant) has a long history.
The yacht is named Mälardrottningen, In English The Queen of Lake Mälaren.
Buildt in the US early 1920’s, several owners, late 30’s bought by Frank Hutton as a present for his daughter Barbara Hutton on her 18th birthday. She later sold it to the English navy and after that it was used in Norway and Sweden as a passenger ferry.
The yacht has been in its current place since 1982.
1605276036958.jpeg

The building with a tower to the left in picture is the City Hall. It was also built early 20’s. In one of its halls, Gyllene Salen ( Golden Hall) there is a large mosaic covering ons wall. This artwork is also called The Queen of Mälaren. In the mid 70’s I met the artist, Einar Forseth, as he was an uncle to a friend of mine.
Much later( mid 90’s) I found an oil painting at an auction. The motif was from area near the mountain hotel where I worked when I met Einar Forseth. I liked the motif/subject and was really happy when I took a closer look and saw that the painter was Einar Forseth.
Bought it😊
Here is a picture of the large mosaic on a wall in the City Hall ( found this pic on the web)
1605277607113.jpeg

Last edited:
OK, another local 'What Is It?'

I took this pic yesterday while enjoying the beautiful fall weather. There were once a number of these in our area. They all ceased operation in the early 70's. This is the last one standing in our area. There are probably more in the high country, but that's another long bike ride for a summer day!
1115201412_Film1.jpg

Hint: When operating these could be seen for miles.

What is it?

I took this pic yesterday while enjoying the beautiful fall weather. There were once a number of these in our area. They all ceased operation in the early 70's. This is the last one standing in our area. There are probably more in the high country, but that's another long bike ride for a summer day!
View attachment 71577

What is it?
Coal storage?

It looks similar to something we use around here for storing corn silage and hay.

View attachment 71577

What is it?
Natural gas?

Back