SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Reed, the thing that made the Polish infuriated was the Govt announced the ban only on Oct 30, when everybody had their flowers and grave candles already bought. I was smart enough to pay the visit to the tomb of my Wife and Parents a week ago...

A question to you: I work with a Texan software company. The CEO told me nobody rode bikes in Texas. How come you ride one? :)
Oh, lots of people ride bikes in Texas. Mostly around cities and towns though. The dang place is so big and spread out that riding bikes between places means riding on the road. And that ain't really safe. Too many bad drivers and the nice back roads are curvy, hilly and a good place to get run over. I happen to live on a 20k ranch and I have about 30 miles of dirt road I can ride on and I'm thinking about creating some miles of single track where now we hike but a good MTB could do the trails easily. I've had three portions of my life involving motorcycles of various sorts but when I came to Texas I gave up motorcycles. The dang deer are like rabbits here and they will kill you at anything over 45 mph. Also, I've been a bike rider since about 4 years old so .... going on 66 years.

My ride today was closer to home and has a bit of a haunting theme to it. It was a crisp -3C when I set out this morning so adding another layer was a definite must. Aptly named, ‘The Ghost Collection’, there are eleven of these bronze sculptures that make up this city public art collection most of which are centered within and around its core.
View attachment 70200
'Choices'
View attachment 70201
'Francis Galbraith - First mayor of Red Deer and owner/editor of the local newspaper
View attachment 70204
'Reaching Out'
View attachment 70205
'The Face Off'
View attachment 70206
'Let the Music Play' - Keith Mann, Red Deer’s acclaimed music director
View attachment 70207
'Waiting for Gordon' - Juliette, wife of Gordon Sorenson and Co-founder of the city’s public transit system
View attachment 70208
'Sound the Alarm' - Erected on the site of the former downtown fire department which is now home to the public library
View attachment 70209
Reverend Leonard Gaetz – One of Red Deer’s early founding fathers
View attachment 70210
Hazel Braithwaite – Champion of Women’s rights and equality
View attachment 70211
Doris & Mickey – Doris Forbes with her pet beaver Mickey who she nursed back to health in 1939.
View attachment 70212
Francis the Pig – Francis roamed the streets for five months after escaping from a local abattoir back in 1990.
View attachment 70213
A couple of obligatory pics seeing that I was riding in the vicinity.

A Trompe L'oeil mural (Red Deer Museum)
View attachment 70216
A Larger thatn Life Brick Rabbit
View attachment 70219
I like the brick rabbit

Man, I have not ventured out of my house on the night of Oct 31 in decades. To much crazy goin on out there. :oops:
Actually wife and I saw the moon from our deck alone, for the first time on Halloween in many years. Usually doing crazy stuff like standing around the fire and telling lies...

First full moon on all Hallow's Eve in 74 years. Be careful out there tonight!
An unusual number of children will be born tonight under the first full moon on Halloween in a Biblical generation. Sounds like a Stephen King story opening to me ...

Polish cemeteries closed for the public, October 31st through November 2nd. Just saying.
Yep. Sounds like someone missed that until the last possible minute. A full moon on Halloween like a scene from a movie. Ancient cemetery going to draw out the crazy people. :eek:
@Stefan Mikes ... have you ever seen an ossuary ?

Last edited:
Uh, ... born? ... Or perhaps you meant conceived? 🤭
Demon Spawn! :eek:

1604197998763.png

My ride today was closer to home and has a bit of a haunting theme to it. It was a crisp -3C when I set out this morning so adding another layer was a definite must. Aptly named, ‘The Ghost Collection’, there are eleven of these bronze sculptures that make up this city public art collection most of which are centered within and around its core.city’s public transit system
Snip
The mural gets my vote, but the sculpture Is all good too.

Last edited:
a big eagle statue in the middle of a round about this is se portland
View attachment 70271
We've got some nice 'round-a-bout' artwork around town but as a local cyclist all I can say is that I can't see the cars coming at me from the other side of the circle! There's a new round-a-bout where our business is located; it doesn't have artwork blocking the view of oncoming cars. Much better...😎

I did a long climb to the top of Black Mountain and met this gentleman on the way up... with a full recumbent AWD Mountain Bike! ;)
He built the rig and was very fast on both the climbs and the long descent to the valley below. I believe that he is also an EBR member.

IMG_5282.jpg
IMG_5286.jpg

IMG_5283.jpg
IMG_5285.jpg

Last edited:
Back