SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

My ride sightings are getting progressively less weird...
1603254842368.png
1603254792668.png
1603254889038.png

20200605_163048.jpg
My Rover Cockpit 20201024.jpg
20200605_163048.jpg

Attachments

• Speaker Mounted to Handle Bar.jpg
    Speaker Mounted to Handle Bar.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 265
  • My Rover ST 20201022_1.jpg
    My Rover ST 20201022_1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 253
  • My Rover ST 20200512_140603.jpg
    My Rover ST 20200512_140603.jpg
    322 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
On my ride through town I saw this crew working on large tree just a block from downtown;
P1010496.jpg

This was a utility crew removing one of several hundred 'fire hazard' trees in town. This 150 year old tree had sparked local demonstrations, tree sitters, and a lawsuit that delayed removal for several months. A local judge finally put it all to rest announcing that only the State's Public Utility Commission had jurisdiction and they had ordered the utility to proceed with vegetation clearing in their their rights of way. In a compromise, the utility agreed to wait until the City had their own arborist inspect this tree. His report confirmed what the utility's report had said, the tree was at end of life and was posing a hazard to high voltage power lines in the canopy.

P1010501.jpg

The protesters, all dozen or so of them, had named the tree 'Bella'. By late afternoon Bella was gone. Locals left cut flowers on the stump. The City has very restrictive tree removal regulations but even they agreed that fire protection came first and that the Utility Commission had jurisdiction.

P1010503.jpg

But the protests go on. Tree sitters have taken up residence in a large pine in the City's historic Pioneer Cemetery in the hopes of preventing its removal. They vow to physically protect 10 large trees around town. We'll see how this plays out as the tree removal crews are nearing the end of their scheduled work.

Always something going on in this small town...🤣

On my ride through town I saw this crew working on large tree just a block from downtown;
View attachment 69572
This was a utility crew removing one of several hundred 'fire hazard' trees in town. This 150 year old tree had sparked local demonstrations, tree sitters, and a lawsuit that delayed removal for several months. A local judge finally put it all to rest announcing that only the State's Public Utility Commission had jurisdiction and they had ordered the utility to proceed with vegetation clearing in their their rights of way. In a compromise, the utility agreed to wait until the City had their own arborist inspect this tree. His report confirmed what the utility's report had said, the tree was at end of life and was posing a hazard to high voltage power lines in the canopy.

View attachment 69573
The protesters, all dozen or so of them, had named the tree 'Bella'. By late afternoon Bella was gone. Locals left cut flowers on the stump. The City has very restrictive tree removal regulations but even they agreed that fire protection came first and that the Utility Commission had jurisdiction.

View attachment 69575
But the protests go on. Tree sitters have taken up residence in a large pine in the City's historic Pioneer Cemetery in the hopes of preventing its removal. They vow to physically protect 10 large trees around town. We'll see how this plays out as the tree removal crews are nearing the end of their scheduled work.

Always something going on in this small town...🤣

what city are you in tim?

We like to think so, but the Lake is an hour away as is Sacramento...

Saw this beauty on my 28 mile loop ride yesterday;

View attachment 67482
View attachment 67483
This Thunderbird has California classic car plates that identify it as a '56. Obviously a convertible but I believe this was also available with the removable 'port hole' hard top. The best part is the fasterest red color!

The haze you can see off in the distance is wildfire smoke...😔
Beautiful ‘57 Thunderbird.

Back