SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

I was told by friends rail bikes are still in use (you don't need to read Polish, the pictures are self explaining):

Moreover, another friend who lives in northeast Poland (at the border with Lithuania) says there is a railway employee there doing rail inspection and maintenance regularly riding a rail-bike in his work!

On an alley where nobody would see it.

Attachments

• 20201015_123524-1.jpg
    20201015_123524-1.jpg
    567.7 KB · Views: 262
Does it seem like people were far more resourceful 100 years ago?! ;)
It was mostly dirt roads coast to coast. Bath water heated on a wood or coal stove in an occasional inn and carry your own gear under 10 to 20 mph was the normal travel until trains. Resourceful equaled alive for travel, I think.

Attachments

• edison-bailey-electric-car-e1603000330319.jpg
    edison-bailey-electric-car-e1603000330319.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Gotta be photo shop or staged.
I remember a photo of the time an ebike's weight on a rear door mounted bike rack ripping the door off a van on a RR crossing or such that was photoshopped. What was the situation staged above ... looks like a protection system?

Saw this beauty on my 28 mile loop ride yesterday;

View attachment 67482
View attachment 67483
This Thunderbird has California classic car plates that identify it as a '56. Obviously a convertible but I believe this was also available with the removable 'port hole' hard top. The best part is the fasterest red color!

The haze you can see off in the distance is wildfire smoke...😔
When I was a sophomore in college, my roommate's dad bought one of those. I got to ride around in it a bit.

My fastest run was in a 88 Porche 911 Turbo. Bad Kreuznach Germany to Bad Tolz, 300 miles in around 2 hours 38 mins. The owner was surprisingly quiet the whole way. I was over 150 mph several times and never once felt wiggy.
I knew a guy who owned a Porsche. One time he drove it at a very high speed on an untraveled highway at night, until he saw a cop was following him. He sped up until the cop vanished in his rear view mirror. After a while, he slowed down and stopped. The cop, when he caught up, asked him why he had stopped. "Because," he said, "I knew trying to catch me in your patrol car would be dangerous for you, and I didn't want you to get hurt." Don't remember whether he got a ticket.

I knew a guy who owned a Porsche. One time he drove it at a very high speed on an untraveled highway at night, until he saw a cop was following him. He sped up until the cop vanished in his rear view mirror. After a while, he slowed down and stopped. The cop, when he caught up, asked him why he had stopped. "Because," he said, "I knew trying to catch me in your patrol car would be dangerous for you, and I didn't want you to get hurt." Don't remember whether he got a ticket.
Great story... the funny thing that this never seemed to work for me with the local authorities! ;)

Last edited:
Interesting windshield project. Is it attached only to the handlebars?
I had some friends who had low riding recumbent bikes. They liked the windshield except in a cross wind. Made the bike more unstable.
That was a joke of Jacek :) He got the old windshield from his younger brother, placed it on the handlebars and pictured that practical joke. After that we both started thinking the windshield should be at least tested in use. Jacek's thinking how to secure the screen in a really solid way. If that could be ridden, I would be very positive to use it in the Winter.

Back