SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

1602102684371.png

Does this mean that the newts are especially slow at this crossing (but not others?) or that you should slow for all newts, but only for the next 2km? I'm so confused....🤣
Yes good questions...I can tell you I had great great difficulty discerning what I was rolling over down that hill. It would be impossible in a car. You would need a lookout on the hood while moving very slowly. Good luck tiny Newts!

Last edited:
In the spirit of cool old cars/trucks seen on our rides. This one was in the small town next to me.
View attachment 67921

View attachment 67922
Took a closeup of the fun windshield wiper
View attachment 67923
My '49 Ford F100 pickup had equally small wipers that were most likely also powered from the engine's vacuum system. When you'd head up a hill on a rainy day the wipers would slow then stop as you gave it more gas. Kinda tough in traffic...🤣

I have not had time to post any photos of my weekend ride from Pebble Beach to Point Lobos via Carmel Woods.

Here are a few of my neighbor's cars that were decorated with lights for Halloween to entertain the local kids. ;)

IMG_5111.jpg
IMG_5112.jpg

IMG_5113.jpg
IMG_5114.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5109.jpg
    IMG_5109.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 247
I have not had time to post any photos of my weekend ride from Pebble Beach to Point Lobos via Carmel Woods.

Here are a few of my neighbor's cars that were decorated with lights for Halloween to entertain the local kids. ;)

View attachment 67928 View attachment 67924
View attachment 67925 View attachment 67926
Do you find it safe to cycle on the Pacific coast highway in your area? I have only driven it. It would be cool if they had one Sunday a month when no cars were allowed on it. That would be a stupendous bike route!

What trails do you ride on the east shore of 'The Lake'?
We often ride from what was called Squaw Valley along the Truckee River to Tahoe City then down to Sugar Pine Point State Park and back.
Some great views, but also some busy traffic on a few sections.

I have a place at SV and frequently ride the West Shore trail... it has been our go-to for a scenic ride for years.

Last week we visited friends at Incline Village and rode the East Shore trail and it was spectacular... check it out before winter hits! ;)

IMG_4994.JPG

IMG_5007.jpg
IMG_4993.jpg
IMG_4987.jpg
IMG_4998.jpg

IMG_5002.jpg
IMG_5003.jpg
IMG_4997.jpg

Last edited:
Do you find it safe to cycle on the Pacific coast highway in your area? I have only driven it.
It would be cool if they had one Sunday a month when no cars were allowed on it. That would be a stupendous bike route!

Good question! The PCH is currently being repaved and it was a bit dicey on the shoulder with lots of marbles and bad transitions. :(

I took a detour along the coast on some off-limit trails to avoid the highway hazards and discovered some gems... I'll post a few photos later.

BTW, the 17-mile drive was residents only and closed to through traffic this summer... it made for glorious riding on empty coastal roads. ;)

IMG_5118.PNG
IMG_5119.PNG
IMG_5120.PNG

Last edited:
Back