SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

A
fellow
I spotted this E-type Jaguar parked at our LBS this afternoon... a timeless beauty! ;)

View attachment 70945 View attachment 70946
View attachment 70948 View attachment 70950
A programmer I used to work with was once on the Jaguar race team back in the day doing hill climbs in one of these.
Once he retired to Florida, he bought a restored convertible model. I was very surprised by how small it was. I expected a Corvette sized car, but it was about the size of my RX 7, not much bigger than a Miata.

Check this out!
1605546669937.png

I took this pic yesterday while enjoying the beautiful fall weather. There were once a number of these in our area. They all ceased operation in the early 70's. This is the last one standing in our area. There are probably more in the high country, but that's another long bike ride for a summer day!

Hint: When operating these could be seen for miles.

What is it?
This is a W.A.G. ... a brick kiln?

OK, another local 'What Is It?'

I took this pic yesterday while enjoying the beautiful fall weather. There were once a number of these in our area. They all ceased operation in the early 70's. This is the last one standing in our area. There are probably more in the high country, but that's another long bike ride for a summer day!
View attachment 71577

What is it?
Lumber dryer or dehydrator.

View attachment 71577

What is it?
I proclaim It is for sending smoke signals

Aero style . Note the tiny rocketship decal on the white and green bike :p ... it has tailfins too. Physics doesn't matter if you have tailfins .

Last edited:

View attachment 71577

What is it?
Wood pellet for pellet stoves and pits dryers.

Wood pellet for pellet stoves and pits dryers.
Getting warmer, though it wasn't used to manufacture anything. The charcoal kiln suggestion was just 'close-ish'.

Another hint: it's pretty big, may 100 feet across at the base and 60 feet high.

Last edited:
Back