SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

stamp mill
And we have another winner!

The original pic showed the hooper side of this stamp mill where mine ore would be dumped for crushing.
P1010466.jpg

This is the front of the stamp mill showing the hammers driven by the large rotating wheel on the left. These were originally powered by wood fired steam engines, then water turbines, and finally electric motors. The Pelton water wheel was the most famous of the water turbines.

P1010467.jpg

Yes, another Clamper plaque!...🤣

Almost ran over this fellow on the Lehigh Gorge Trail last Thursday. He's a 4 foot Timber Rattler who was sunning himself on the trail surface. He literally took up half the trail:

View attachment 66631 View attachment 66633 View attachment 66634

It wouldn't have gone well for either one of us. I flagged down other riders until he eventually cleared the trail.
the snakes I see are luck to be as big around as a pencil black and small and hard to see on a black path.

the snakes I see are luck to be as big around as a pencil black and small and hard to see on a black path.

Snakes are quite common on the Lehigh Gorge Trail here in PA. There are warning signs posted in several locations. You rarely see them this large though. Small snakes aren't really a threat when run over, except perhaps for the snake. Although rare, full grown rattlesnakes are quick and have been known to strike when run over.

Snakes are quite common on the Lehigh Gorge Trail here in PA. There are warning signs posted in several locations. You rarely see them this large though. Small snakes aren't really a threat when run over, except perhaps for the snake. Although rare, full grown rattlesnakes are quick and have been known to strike when run over.
ya but who wants to run over a snake not their fault. but lucky the small ones are fast.

Came across these playful rock creations on a local back road.

P1010415.jpg

I get the rabbit of the right, but not sure what's going on on the left.

P1010412.jpg

A giant's tomahawk, and a slowly running hose providing refreshment for local canines taking their people for a walk.

P1010413_20200921180143897.jpg

P1010414_20200921180338680.jpg

Perhaps the warning sign refers to the addictive pastime of stacking rocks in seemingly impossible arrangements often called 'ducks' when used as trail markers. This 'duck' was close to the road inviting passerbys to contribute their attempts at rock balancing.

My original Magura Mt 4 brake pads lasted 3000 km. Now I will try these Ebike rated Kool Stop replacements and see how long they last and how well they work. Then I will update this in a few months
1601320025181.png

My original Magura Mt 4 brake pads lasted 3000 km. Now I will try these Ebike rated Kool Stop replacements and see how long they last and how well they work. Then I will update this in a few monthsView attachment 66821
I too am monitoring wear on my replacement Kool Stop brake pads. It might be easier to compare notes if you post your observations HERE.

First Halloween ghoul of the season on today's ride. Probably much creepier at night when the internal lighting comes on.

0928201534_Film1.jpg

Seems a little early, but if we still had kids at home we'd probably have stuff everywhere as well!

Back