SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Oh man I miss the PNW. Did a bike tour of the San Juan Islands back in the early ‘80s and would love to do it again. Met a couple and rode with them. They invited me to their home in Victoria and I had a blast!

Car of the day is this Triumph TR3. It looks to be in original unrestored condition.
1592429050329.png

The busiest bike routes in North America are:
#2: Tikkum Crossing in Portland, Oregon, with an average 2,783 counts a day

#3: Fremont Bridge in Seattle with an average of 2,639 counts a day

#4: Market Street in San Francisco with an average of 1,738 trips a day and

#5: Rue Laurier in Montreal (and the only other Canadian city on the list) with an average of 1,635 counts a day.

#1 is the Burrard st Bridge with 3100 per day. This section of Union street is not in the top 5 but it seems very highly packed with bikes whenever I use it.
1592429354121.png

UFO of the day : I guess this is some kind of insect trap ,perhaps the Japanese Beetle? It says Government of Canada on it.
1592430218098.png

Last edited:
Ebiker of the day is this gentleman who told me he needs this Maxarya recumbant bike because he has heart problems and has very little strength. Notice the Rock Shox rear suspension. The battery and controller is up on the stem behind the windscreen. He said it is made in Toronto.
1592606128199.png

Ebiker of the day is this man on his brand new Cube step through. I passed him on a steep hill when he dabbed out trying to climb it in Tour mode. You may be young and strong but sometimes you need Turbo!
1592863595637.png

Last edited:
Sunroof too! I learned to drive in one of these. When I was 15 my dad gave me the keys and told me to teach myself. JHis only instructions were about the shifter layout and to stay off of the main streets.
1592924492000.png

Low tide bike ride.

Grey Whale.jpg

Another Grey Whale on the beach sighting a bit further north.....I would say a young juvenile as Grey's get much bigger. Sad but within the order of life I suppose...

IMG_0793.jpg

A bit further down this root wad caught my eye, if there was any way to get it into my backyard I'd do it!

Back