SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

When I was a child I was forced to join the free swim lessons every Saturday morning in the frigid , Pinkeye infested ,Canada Goose dropping laden mudhole known as Trout lake. Fooey!
1575581576832.png

Last edited:
I saw one not long ago in the street where I live. The hood ornament does not immediately reveal the manufacturer, I had to go close to find out what make it was.
PaD …
The recognition kudos are yours. And thanks for not blurting out its identity. (We need Steve to ponder for a while.)

I had no idea what it was; a leftover from the 1950s or 1960s? No.

This is a 1991 car from a well-known manufacturer (the WW1 barracks clue) who made 20,000 copies (right-hand drive only; another clue!) as an hommage to the classic small cars from Citroën, Fiat, Mini and Nash. What a romantic idea!
… David

Last edited by a moderator:
Ebike of the day is interesting; The owner started with a cheap frame and upgraded with parts from Ebay. It has a delimited 750 watt mid engine with a 14 Ah battery.Full suspension and more. He has addded a 180 mm front fork , a rear shock, plus a seatpost suspension. It also has 203 mm Shimano brakes and an electric horn that sounds like a foghorn to scare off bears on Burnaby Mtn. Upgraded wheels and tires too. This thing flies , I had to go full out to keep up. Oh yeah and look at the rear cluster. It should be able to climb just about anything.

I have that same motor, the TSDZ2, on my mtb and although the overall quality of the system is not on par with the big players it does tick all the boxes. Torque sensing that works well and plenty of power to be able to cruise over 20 somewhat without the annoying cut-off. For less that a grand you can put a system together with a 12ah 21700 battery if you shop hard enough. I'll bet the chainline to that big cog is horrible though.

The thing that stuck out, literally, to me was this:

I hope the guy never goes over the bars.....

PaD …
The recognition kudos are yours. And thanks for not blurting out its identity. (We need Steve to ponder for a while.)

I had no idea what it was; a leftover from the 1950s or 1960s? No.

This is a 1991 car from a well-known manufacturer (the WW1 barracks clue) who made 20,000 copies (right-hand drive only; another clue!) as an hommage to the classic small cars from Citroën, Fiat, Mini and Nash. What a romantic idea!
… David

Somebody said the magic word!

Attachments

• 0B5A1131-FFD4-4171-96D9-1EC81E5A22CD.jpeg
    0B5A1131-FFD4-4171-96D9-1EC81E5A22CD.jpeg
    460.5 KB · Views: 395
Somebody said the magic word!
That is the car I would buy if I won the lottery. So cool, so stylish.
A 1966 Citroen ID19 (regular fixed roof) was one of the cars I learned to drive in. It was my father’s third Citroen. His first was a B11 he bought and took delivery of just after WW2.
I’ve always thought of the Citroen convertible as one of the coolest cars ever.

That's cheating!

2019-12-06-liane-comp.jpg

• QLD Rego Checker – identifies oddballs like Liane's Nissan Figaro.
  • Ride with GPS – the Figaro was in Woody Point, southern end of peninsula; purple = bikeways; red = my track.
  • BOM Site – Bureau of Meteorology; nice to be 'cooled' by a breeze from the hot, dry continental interior. The weekend will be warmer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow I am glad it only feels like 35.2. I have no experience with that temperature and I don't think I would handle it well at 41.7 On the other hand that seaside route looks awesome! We are often looking at 100% chance of rain here and you have 0%. I would be more than willing to share some with you.

Last edited:
I have a funny memory from my youth with a Citroen 2CV involved.
In 1968 my parents somehow managed to save up money to send me to France for a month during summer to study French language. It was a group of students, 16-18 years old, and we were all accomodated in French families.
One evening I was going to a club or discotheque with some young French people and we were going in a 2CV and we were like 7 people in that little car. So much is possible when you’re young.
We ran into a police control and before coming to a stop the girl driving said ”Sh.t I will get a ticket for this, they don’t like overloaded cars.”
When the police officer looked into the car to address the driver I leaned forward and said ” Bonsoir Monsieur Clément”. The officer let out a deep sigh and without a word just waved to us to go on.
We left under silence but after a few seconds everybody started asking ” What happenend, why... ?”
I explained that was staying with the Clément family, the police officer, his wife and children.
I like Citroëns :)

Last edited:
Studebakers in the wild .... Not South Bend, IN, but while I was riding through Waverly, IA, I happened upon a restored Shell gas station which now operates as a museum of gas station memorabilia and restored cars. It was not open, and there is no web site, but outside I found two Studebakers, one of them for sale. I’d say 1962 Lark and 1951 Champion.

Attachments

• 7A58F6C8-8C58-4F3E-B349-A08A70B1559F.jpeg
    7A58F6C8-8C58-4F3E-B349-A08A70B1559F.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 356
  • F306240F-A4EC-4CFA-A984-F2280B6ACDA0.jpeg
    F306240F-A4EC-4CFA-A984-F2280B6ACDA0.jpeg
    472.5 KB · Views: 364
  • 0B2ADBF3-06E1-4BB9-9F33-420951242B81.jpeg
    0B2ADBF3-06E1-4BB9-9F33-420951242B81.jpeg
    427.2 KB · Views: 387
Back