SHOW us YOUR PIX here .... Odd, WeiRd ,UnUSuAl or EyE CaTchIng things from your rides

Looks like a very capable machine with some extreme real-world applications. Curious to know where that fellow on that scooter personal AT 4 x 4 was planning to ride even though he didn’t seem to be dressed for the part? :oops:

Pssst...wanna buy a used tractor?

IMG_20220814_1421233.jpg

actually old actors are coming back because the new tractors are getting so advanced farmers are locked out on repairing them.
This fellow might be onto something then as his yard on the other side had 2-3 times as many. These few select ones appear to be the best of the bunch. o_O

A close call on the GAP trail in southwestern PA last week during a 63 mile ride. The trail and train tracks share the Brush tunnel.

IMG_002392b.jpg
IMG_002394b.jpg

The engineer is supposed to whistle when approaching the tunnel but didn't for some reason. Luckily, I heard the engine rumble and was able to pull up before entering.

Shortly after the train passed, I heard laughter up around the bend. A moment later, several pedal carts came down the rails.

IMG_002410b.jpg
IMG_002414b.jpg
IMG_002415b.jpg

An interesting trailside sculpture:

IMG_002409a.jpg

Miller time!

IMG_002431b.jpg

I am surprised that those pedal cars are allowed on a track with active train service. They must have some type of monitoring and tracking system in place to assure safety.

I am surprised that those pedal cars are allowed on a track with active train service. They must have some type of monitoring and tracking system in place to assure safety.
I thought the same thing until a small tender came down the track following the last pedal car.

IMG_002416b.jpg

The brakeman stopped at a road crossing where I was taking a drink and I asked him about that. The rail line is privately owned by the Western Maryland Scenic Railway and runs only two train excursions per day. The pedal cars are used after the last train returns to the station. There is no other train traffic and the tender is in constant contact with the station master.

So yes, there is monitoring & tracking in place.

From the hooting and laughing of the riders I saw, it actually sounds like fun! There are 2, 4 and 6 seat cars available. The brakeman said the 2 seaters are for those who are physically fit since the cars are heavy and can be difficult to pedal. I can see it being a fun outing with a group of 6 though!

A close call on the GAP trail in southwestern PA last week during a 63 mile ride. The trail and train tracks share the Brush tunnel.

The engineer is supposed to whistle when approaching the tunnel but didn't for some reason. Luckily, I heard the engine rumble and was able to pull up before entering.

Shortly after the train passed, I heard laughter up around the bend. A moment later, several pedal carts came down the rails.

An interesting trailside sculpture:

Miller time!
We sold a significant number of BBSHD motors to operators of these rail adventures. Looks like great fun!

ok I think this guy does not understand how the display is supposed to be pointing towards the rider. but maybe it works as a extra light. I look at these bikes and realize how huge they look compared to my trek or bulls. also his u lock is not around the bike but attached to it by some bracket. not even sure it was around the bike rack.
IMG_0564.jpeg

Back